Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Support Crazymeds. Download the FREE App to read Kindle books on your computer, tablet, or phone.

Generic Risperdal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shiny

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 with "features"
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 250mg, Risperdal .5 mg PRN, Trazodone 12.5mg PRN

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Not seeing anything here on generic Risperdal. Just picked up my new script and realized when I got home they gave me a generic. I always ask for brand name meds but forgot today.

From Wiki:
The Patriot generic is Janssen Pharmaceutical's "authorized generic pharmaceutical."

* Does that mean Patriot is brand? That's the one they gave me but charged for generic.

* Is anyone having problems/differences with generics?

* Is one better than another?
Stuff I've taken (that I can remember): Trazodone (good), Amitriptyline (3 days asleep), Risperdal (instant relief), Lamictal (great), Wellbutrin (mania + panic attacks), Zoloft (good sometimes), Paxil (good but fat), Prozac (hospitalized 10 days), Ambien (awesome), Pamelor (did nothing)

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

#2 egodystonic_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Enabler
  • 1,744 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar 2 and bpd
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

I used brand Risperdal for a few years, then switched to the Teva generic. To me, it was just as good. I absolutely couldn't feel any difference at all. I took it for about 6 months, no prob. So if you get swiched off to Teva, it's good as well.
JD :mad:

-Bipolar 2 (mostly depressed phase)

-Somatoform Pain Disorder

-Cotard Delusion (in partial remission)(No longer in the DSM, but I sure as hell have it and have been dx'd with it)

Seroquel XR (brand-name quetiapine extended-release) 300 mg once daily in the evening

BuSpar (generic buspirone) 15 mg four times daily

Remeron (generic mirtazapine  15 mg once daily at bedtime 

trazodone (generic) 150 mg as needed once daily at bedtime 

Additional meds

-Lpitor (brand atorvastatin) 20 mg daily

-Vitamin D 5000 IU

-Folic Acid 400 mcg

*****In the hospital the last week. Doing better on Zyprexa, Remeron, and especially Paxil.*****

#3 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, PME 1, Autism, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 400mg, protriptyline 50mg, buspirone 60mg, EPA 600

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

From Wiki:
The Patriot generic is Janssen Pharmaceutical's "authorized generic pharmaceutical."

It looks like they're a subsidiary of both Janssen and Ortho-McNeill. For a privately-held company Johnson & Johnson has an oddly Byzantine and fluid corporate structure. I wish they would hurry the hell up and produce a generic topiramate.

* Does that mean Patriot is brand?

Essentially. The same is true for Greenstone and Pfizer.
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 200mg, topiramate 400mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, methylphenidate, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#4 In_Remission_ismileatdogs

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

I found that the teva risperdone is not always the same dose...something is way wrong with it...had to request brand and go through all sorts of insurance hoops. It became quite obvious that it was the teva generic. I have heard of others with problems with it as well.

#5 BipolarJustin

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar /GAD/Social /ADHD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

I take torrent brand 4mg and like it better then the teva.

(Effexor Xr 225mg.) (Latuda 20mg)  (Klonopin 1mg TID) (Advair250.) (Detrol LA 4mg.) (Desmopressin Acetate 0.2mg. ) (Omeprazole40mg BID.) (celebrex 200 BID) (Losartan 100mg) (Depakote Er 250mg morn and 750mg bedtime)(Adderall Xr 30mg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud