Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Generic Risperdal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shiny

shiny

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 with "features"
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 250mg, Risperdal .5 mg PRN, Trazodone 12.5mg PRN

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Not seeing anything here on generic Risperdal. Just picked up my new script and realized when I got home they gave me a generic. I always ask for brand name meds but forgot today.

From Wiki:
The Patriot generic is Janssen Pharmaceutical's "authorized generic pharmaceutical."

* Does that mean Patriot is brand? That's the one they gave me but charged for generic.

* Is anyone having problems/differences with generics?

* Is one better than another?
Stuff I've taken (that I can remember): Trazodone (good), Amitriptyline (3 days asleep), Risperdal (instant relief), Lamictal (great), Wellbutrin (mania + panic attacks), Zoloft (good sometimes), Paxil (good but fat), Prozac (hospitalized 10 days), Ambien (awesome), Pamelor (did nothing)

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Classically_James

Classically_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Diagnoses:see signature
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

I used brand Risperdal for a few years, then switched to the Teva generic. To me, it was just as good. I absolutely couldn't feel any difference at all. I took it for about 6 months, no prob. So if you get swiched off to Teva, it's good as well.
JD :mad:

Diagnoses:

1. Major Depressive Disorder (MDD - atypical type)

2. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

3. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)(in partial remission)

4. Cotard's Delusion (removed prior to DSM IV in 1994(in partial remission)  

Medications:

1 Cymbalta 60 mg

2. Abilify 10 ng

3. Soma 350 mg TID

4. Lunesta 3 mg

5. Forfivo XL 450 mg

#3 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Epilepsy NOS, Autism, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 250mg, protriptyline 30mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 45mg EPA 600

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

From Wiki:
The Patriot generic is Janssen Pharmaceutical's "authorized generic pharmaceutical."

It looks like they're a subsidiary of both Janssen and Ortho-McNeill. For a privately-held company Johnson & Johnson has an oddly Byzantine and fluid corporate structure. I wish they would hurry the hell up and produce a generic topiramate.

* Does that mean Patriot is brand?

Essentially. The same is true for Greenstone and Pfizer.
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

Wear my Straitjacket     Batshit Crazy Blog

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#4 In_Remission_ismileatdogs

In_Remission_ismileatdogs
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

I found that the teva risperdone is not always the same dose...something is way wrong with it...had to request brand and go through all sorts of insurance hoops. It became quite obvious that it was the teva generic. I have heard of others with problems with it as well.

#5 BipolarJustin

BipolarJustin

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar type 1 /Anxiety/ADHD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

I take torrent brand 4mg and like it better then the teva.

(Effexor Xr 150mg.) (Seroquel 600mg.) (Klonopin 1mg TID) (Flovent 250mcg.) (Detrol LA 4mg.) (Desmopressin Acetate 0.2mg. QHS) (Omeprazole 80mg.) (Oxaprozin 600mg.) (Losartan 100mg) (Depakote ER 1500mg) (Adderall XR 30mg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog