Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

No Motivation To Do Anything.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_alwayskeephoping

In_Remission_alwayskeephoping
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Howdy. Ive been on Zoloft 100 mg. for a few months now, and its been pretty decent. Im definitely more social and happy, and it keeps me stable. But Ive noticed that all I do is stay in my bedroom with the lights out, lying down, on the computer all day. And since Im on Zoloft I cant be too sad about it. I just dont care. I cant live like this much longer, its making me depressed again.

I have to admit that on some days Ive taken 150 mg. when I feel especially bad and.. well. I just get lazier.

Im scared to change the dose or switch to something else. But Ive got to pass my classes and Ive got to find a job. I cant live like this anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should bring up with my psychiatrist next week? Is there something that does the job for depression that DOESN'T make you a living blob with zero ambition? Anything but Paxil, I've already tried that. And Wellbutrin only made me more depressed..

Edited by alwayskeephoping, 11 January 2010 - 05:55 PM.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 moodyladym

moodyladym

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Diagnoses:, bipolar I, ADHD, EDNOS, OCD, anxity
  • Current Meds:oxcarbazepine 1200mg Vyvanse 70mg buspar 45mg prozac 20 mg lorazapam prn

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Howdy. Ive been on Zoloft 100 mg. for a few months now, and its been pretty decent. Im definitely more social and happy, and it keeps me stable. But Ive noticed that all I do is stay in my bedroom with the lights out, lying down, on the computer all day. And since Im on Zoloft I cant be too sad about it. I just dont care. I cant live like this much longer, its making me depressed again.

I have to admit that on some days Ive taken 150 mg. when I feel especially bad and.. well. I just get lazier.

Im scared to change the dose or switch to something else. But Ive got to pass my classes and Ive got to find a job. I cant live like this anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should bring up with my psychiatrist next week? Is there something that does the job for depression that DOESN'T make you a living blob with zero ambition? Anything but Paxil, I've already tried that. And Wellbutrin only made me more depressed..

Hi well this is officially my first post but i've been on and off zoloft for a few years, i always end up just stop taking it after awhile but not for the same reason, i have never felt the way you do the oppisite actual but maybe the dose is too high and they need to give you something in addition to the zoloft, also i always find that if you can get ur self to get outside for some fresh air and sun even if its only 5mins it might help a little good luck dear

#3 VAL

VAL

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

zoloft had the same effect on me and my doc added low dose synthroid even though my thyroid levels fell into the normal range. The synthroid up my energy further but did nothing for the apathy. Basically, I had the energy to do things but could care less about doing them. I dropped zoloft and was on nothing for a long time and then tried Wellbutrin (which obviously won't work for you but proves that not all AD's will make you feel that way). Hopefully someone will come along with better suggestions as to what will help.

Current Meds: Lamictal 300mg, Wellbutrin XL 450mg, Neurontin 900mg, Klonopin 1.5mg,  Trazodone up to 300mg and Inderal 20mg PRN
Past Meds: Siniquan, Elavil, Imipramine, Zoloft, Seroquel, Abilify, Nardil, Emsam, Rozerem, Celexa and Ambien
Current Non-psych: Soma 350mg PRN, Norco 10mg/325 PRN, Percocet 10mg/325 PRN, Advair, Nasonex, Ventolin PRN, Allegra, Benicar, Dexilant, Levothroxine, Pravachol and Nexium. 

#4 Artemisia

Artemisia

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression
  • Current Meds:sertraline, cetirizine, zolpidem

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Have you tried Effexor or Prozac?

I'm sorry about the Zoloft. I had a good experience with it. It was Lexapro that made me lazy as hell.
Current meds: sertraline 100mg, cetirizine 5mg, zolpidem 2.5 mg

#5 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD
  • Current Meds:200mg sertraline 300mg lamotrigine

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Id try a different SSRI maybe prozac. Youre on an AD thats usually activating but everyones response to these drugs is different. You might also try going up a bit. Theres not much dopamine action but what there is, its higher in dose.
Might also consider a re-trial of wellbutrin along with an SSRI. Usually its used to help the apathy, fatigue and sexual dysfunction associated with an SSRI.
Zoloft made me really angry it was awful. But lexapro does what you describe. Makes me apathetic and lazy. Time to move to something else so I can live a life.
Zombiez ate my brain
and spat it back out, blecch...

#6 zanyboy

zanyboy

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD + Atypical Depression
  • Current Meds:lexapro 40mg, Risperdal 1mg, Concerta 36mg.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

What about vyvanse or dexedrin spansules. If in Europe would valdoxan be an option? It increases DA/NA in frontal cortex through 5htc antagonism (like prozac) . Also helps with deep sleep phases. could be used as adjunct to zoloft Im speculating.

Edited by zanyboy, 05 February 2010 - 01:51 AM.

#7 Brainbeard

Brainbeard

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, non-Asperger, a bit of schizo-affective disorder, hypochondria, depression.
  • Current Meds:Check signature.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:24 AM

You could add something that boosts noradrenaline and/or dopamine. Wellbutrin has been mentioned - the combo of Zoloft and Wellbutrin has gained some fame and has been dubbed 'Welloft'. There are also the TCA's to consider - adding desipramine, a strong NRI, might work, or nortriptyline, a milder one. There's also the possibility of adding selegiline, the MAO-B inhibitor, in a maximum dose of 10mg per day, but you would need medical supervision for the rare possibility of serotonin syndrome (selegiline does not require a MAO-diet at these low doses).

I've been reading on the web about SSRI experiences quite a lot, and my impression is that all SSRI's can cause apathy en lethargy, including the so called 'activating' SSRI's, Prozac and Zoloft. Many people report that 100mg of Zoloft eventually renders them listless and emotionally numb.

It's intriguing that apathy and emotional numbness haven't been linked to or reported with the use of clomipramine, the TCA that is about as strong an SRI as Zoloft. Clomipramine might be worth a try if you decide to go off the Zoloft altogether. I have also been on a combo of Luvox (fluvoxamine) and low dose clomipramine for a while (Luvox inhibits the breakdown of clomipramine), and the clomipramine countered the Luvox-induced apathy quite well. I think adding clomipramine to an SSRI can be very effective for OCD. One should be cautious about serotonin syndrome, but starting out with tiny doses should eliminate that risk.

Good luck.
Current meds: Zoloft (sertraline) 250mg, Neurontin (gabapentin) 2400mg or more, Concerta (methylphenidate XR) 18mg + methylphenidate 5mg as needed, 1 Deanxit (flupentixol 0,5mg + melitracene 10mg).
Have used before: alprazolam, oxazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, buprenorphine, amitriptyline, modafinil, fluoxetine (Prozac), imipramine, trimipramine, lorazepam (Ativan), flurazepam, amisulpride, piribedil, ziprasidone (Geodon), buspirone, tramadol, ondansetron, risperidone, tianeptine, amineptine, nortriptyline, codeine, paroxetine (Paxil/Seroxat).
-Some of the magic syrup was preserved.

#8 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

Amphetamine would sure get you back some motivation, but its a bad idea to use it for that.
Maybe tack on 5mg of prozac or some wellbutrin
Zombiez ate my brain

#9 1crazyjew

1crazyjew

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1, DD(NOS), Complex PTSD, OCD/Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Cymbalta/Prozac crossover, Lamitcal, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Topamax

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

I am on 200MGs of Zoloft myself, and I too have this listless/no motivation for anything/laziness happening, which is not like my usual self actually. I didn't think to chalk it up to the Zoloft (possibly) because I also have MS and there is a lot of fatigue associated with that monster too. But it's interesting, these responses about the Wellbutrin, because I did take some for a while to quit smoking a few times and I think I was a bit more industrious when I did.

I still need to give my higher dose of Zoloft (just went from 150 to 200 2 weeks ago) and my back-to-Abilify loyalty (I stopped taking it for 2 months) a chance to regulate before I make any new changes. But I'm going to keep the Wellbutrin in mind if this lazy fatigue thing doesn't let up in a few weeks and ask the doc. It's been making my life pretty miserable as a matter of fact. I was considering a Provigil patch or something, just to get some work done. I'm kinda paying for a studio I haven't been to in weeks. :mad:

Anyways, thanks

PS: CREEPY I LOVE your avitar!!!!

I have Bipolar, Dissociative disorder, OCD and Anxiety, plus Complex PTSD, as well as Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis.  

Current Meds: Currently crossing over from Cymbalta: 60mg to Prozac 25 (taking both), Started Lamotrigine 12/18Bupropion: 300mg, Topiprimate: 100mg 2x, Neurontin: 800mg 2x, Abilify: 5mg. 

Other Meds: Synthroid: 1.125mcg, Imuran: 50mg, Bacflofen: 20mg-2x, Oxycodone: 30mg-2x, Hydroxychloroquine: 200mg, Spiriva, Advair: HFA115/21, Abuterol: 90mcg, B-12 Shots 1000ml.

Previous Meds: Zoloft: 300mg 2007-2012, Paxil (don't remember the dosage) 2 mos before the Zoloft. Made me want to die, Clonazepam, Ativan.

#10 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hmm.. Do you experience pain with MS? Ive been on desipramine for awhile to combat the celexa lethargy, and I get a lot of pain relief as a welcome side effect.
Im still recovering from a leg fracture so theres still a lot of pain when I walk on it.
I like my avatar too. The first time I saw someone post it in some forum years ago I was hooked. Its too cute, haha =)
Second favorite is something from icanhascheezburger, its got a bunch of text smileys with corresponding cat faces.

I am on 200MGs of Zoloft myself, and I too have this listless/no motivation for anything/laziness happening, which is not like my usual self actually. I didn't think to chalk it up to the Zoloft (possibly) because I also have MS and there is a lot of fatigue associated with that monster too. But it's interesting, these responses about the Wellbutrin, because I did take some for a while to quit smoking a few times and I think I was a bit more industrious when I did.

I still need to give my higher dose of Zoloft (just went from 150 to 200 2 weeks ago) and my back-to-Abilify loyalty (I stopped taking it for 2 months) a chance to regulate before I make any new changes. But I'm going to keep the Wellbutrin in mind if this lazy fatigue thing doesn't let up in a few weeks and ask the doc. It's been making my life pretty miserable as a matter of fact. I was considering a Provigil patch or something, just to get some work done. I'm kinda paying for a studio I haven't been to in weeks. :mad:

Anyways, thanks

PS: CREEPY I LOVE your avitar!!!!

Zombiez ate my brain

#11 1crazyjew

1crazyjew

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Meds:Cymbalta/Prozac crossover, Lamitcal, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Topamax

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hmm.. Do you experience pain with MS?

Yes, it's an achy sort of "cold bone" pain I get in both legs. I have to take a handful of Advil, some Tramadol, and heat up my leg braces to get a little relief when it hits.

It is interesting what you've said about Celexa. I know when I'm tapped out on Zoloft, I'm going to have to switch to something else and my doc mentioned other SSRIs being better for pain. I just don't want to screw with the cocktail just yet, but reading this forum is giving me a shit load of food for thought. :mad:

Your avatar actually reminded me of Bleep. Do you know or remember who he is?

I have Bipolar, Dissociative disorder, OCD and Anxiety, plus Complex PTSD, as well as Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis.  

Current Meds: Currently crossing over from Cymbalta: 60mg to Prozac 25 (taking both), Started Lamotrigine 12/18Bupropion: 300mg, Topiprimate: 100mg 2x, Neurontin: 800mg 2x, Abilify: 5mg. 

Other Meds: Synthroid: 1.125mcg, Imuran: 50mg, Bacflofen: 20mg-2x, Oxycodone: 30mg-2x, Hydroxychloroquine: 200mg, Spiriva, Advair: HFA115/21, Abuterol: 90mcg, B-12 Shots 1000ml.

Previous Meds: Zoloft: 300mg 2007-2012, Paxil (don't remember the dosage) 2 mos before the Zoloft. Made me want to die, Clonazepam, Ativan.

#12 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

well if you experience pain and have bipolar or depressive symptoms, there are plenty of meds that do both. TCAs, AEDs.
be very careful with tramadol. Im sure your doc has already mentioned the possibility of serotonin toxicity with that combo if you go too high. Also I think it lowers your seizure threshold, if that is significant for you.
Who is bleep?
Zombiez ate my brain

#13 1crazyjew

1crazyjew

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

<---- Bleep.

#14 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

If youre on topamax already youve probably got a good portion of that pain covered Id imagine.
Also, with that cluster of symptoms topamax may be a very good choice.

Like that tells me anything! :mad:
Bleep who? bleep where!

And just so Im still on topic,
The following apathy brought to you by celexa:
........ thud. Snore.

Edited by creepy, 07 April 2010 - 10:23 AM.

Zombiez ate my brain

#15 1crazyjew

1crazyjew

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

Re: Bleep -- you probably have to right click and reload my avatar now. He's from Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space.

I am on Topamax for migraines mostly. And to stay on topic. I really can't know which medication is making me listless. It could very well be the combination of them all, don't you think? It could be Zoloft, and it could be the Abilify too.

#16 Stagnated

Stagnated

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Diagnoses:Dysthymic/Major Depression
  • Current Meds:Synthroid

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

You could add something that boosts noradrenaline and/or dopamine. Wellbutrin has been mentioned

I've been reading on the web about SSRI experiences quite a lot, and my impression is that all SSRI's can cause apathy en lethargy, including the so called 'activating' SSRI's, Prozac and Zoloft. Many people report that 100mg of Zoloft eventually renders them listless and emotionally numb.

Its ironic that I chose Wellbutrin based on its noted lack of weight gain and sexual side effects. I can't recall reading anything about SSRI's causing apathy and lethargy as well as emotional numbness. Though, if I had, it would have been just one more reason to reject them.

While the weight part held up, and even reduced my appetite for a few weeks, I wasn't so lucky with the sexual side effects (which lasted a month). I cannot say I had problems with lethargy, other then those times when the depression got so bad it sucked most of my energy out, as I may gotten a little increase in energy. Perhaps this was the case of my starting synthroid two months later as a I developed a thyroid problem. I had always wondered how coincidental that being mere months after beginning medication (including Amitriptyline as a pain reducer) that thyroid problem pops up. Though all medical practitioners state that is impossible :mad:

I discovered that Wellbutrin has made the apathy and emotional numbness worse! Leaving me with not too many choices SSRIs are out as is SNRIs, TCA only helped reduce pain until I became resistant, did nothing for the depression. Would love to try Stablon or Valdoxan, but can't afford to purchase it online. Heard about Serdaxin, but its still in the clinical trial stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog