Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Remeron Is Good Stuff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pillboxfox

Pillboxfox

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Just a positive experience with Remeron. Of all the antidepressants I tried, none compare to the antidepressant power of Remeron. I mean really. Hey, I don't think of shooting myself everyday or of jumping off bridges anymore. Pretty cool. That's the kind of improvement I got with Remeron. Its true the Zyprexa helps for that a bit yet the Remeron does its job. Don't know if it worked as well for others, but dude, I definitely recommend you try Remeron if you're seriously fucking depressed and nothing else has worked.

PBF
Diagnosis: Bipolar type 2 disorder and substance abuse disorder (working hard on staying clean)
Daily med combo: Lithium 600mg + Remeron 30mg + Zyprexa 5mg (all taken at bedtime)
Lithium level: 0.5
PRN meds: Librium 10mg capsules, Haldol 2mg tabs
Emergency/crisis meds: Xanax 0.5mg tabs, Prolixin (fluphenazine) long-acting injection
Previously tried: Seroquel, Risperdal, Nozinan (levopromazine), Depakote, Lamictal, Effexor, Serzone, Trazodone, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Klonopin, Ativan, Restoril, Serax, Valium

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 NicScraps

NicScraps

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar II???
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Prozac, BuSpar, Ambien

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

Just a positive experience with Remeron. Of all the antidepressants I tried, none compare to the antidepressant power of Remeron. I mean really. Hey, I don't think of shooting myself everyday or of jumping off bridges anymore. Pretty cool. That's the kind of improvement I got with Remeron. Its true the Zyprexa helps for that a bit yet the Remeron does its job. Don't know if it worked as well for others, but dude, I definitely recommend you try Remeron if you're seriously fucking depressed and nothing else has worked.

PBF

It's always great to hear when someone has found something that REALLY works for them!

Boards like this do tend to attract a rather, umm, special population of patients, i.e. those who have had a lot of trouble getting well. That makes success stories all that much more enjoyable to read, 'cause this group really understands how hard it can be to find the magic combo that finally sets things straight.

:mad:
Nicole
Dx: Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, possibly bipolar II ???, plus hypertension
Rx: Lamictal 150 mg, Prozac 20mg, BuSpar 20 mg, Ambien 5 mg, plus Benicar for hypertension

"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." Mignon McLaughlin

#3 Cyeic

Cyeic

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

And because these positive boards always need more than one story:

Remeron really quashed my depression (aided by Effexor).

If you've got screwy sleeping patterns or insomnia, it has the H1 receptor kick which should aid your sleep - and doesn't usually result in hangover type feelings the next day. However - the sleep/AD qualities are somewhat dose dependant - at a very low dosage, you're practically just getting a sleep aid with no AD properties, at higher dosages you'll get more AD properties, but it's usually less sedating (30mg is the best comprimise).

The side effects from it, for me at least, have been minimal (actually I can't recall one specifically remeron-related). However, some find Remeron gives them the munchies (read more about that on the Main CM Remeron Page) - not disasterous as side effects go - and there doesn't seem to be (m)any harsh discontinuation effects.
Useful Journals:

Blackwell Synergy
Science Direct

There's no cure that couldn't kill you.

#4 In_Remission_RAGDOLL

In_Remission_RAGDOLL
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

8 October 2007 12:18:03 GMT +0000' post='5496']
And because these positive boards always need more than one story:

Remeron really quashed my depression (aided by Effexor).

If you've got screwy sleeping patterns or insomnia, it has the H1 receptor kick which should aid your sleep - and doesn't usually result in hangover type feelings the next day. However - the sleep/AD qualities are somewhat dose dependant - at a very low dosage, you're practically just getting a sleep aid with no AD properties, at higher dosages you'll get more AD properties, but it's usually less sedating (30mg is the best comprimise).

The side effects from it, for me at least, have been minimal (actually I can't recall one specifically remeron-related). However, some find Remeron gives them the munchies (read more about that on the Main CM Remeron Page) - not disasterous as side effects go - and there doesn't seem to be (m)any harsh discontinuation effects.
[/quote]

#5 In_Remission_RAGDOLL

In_Remission_RAGDOLL
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hi...thank you for the comments about Remeron and Effexor. My doctor has me on this combination (Effexor in a.m. and Remeron in p.m.).

Here's the thing...I don't like taking the Remeron early because I don't WANT to go to sleep! So I don't take it regularly. Don't slam me - I know that I should be...it's better when I do.

I have a question though that I would like the answer to: Does smoking pot (which I know I shouldn't do) cause the sedative effect of Remeron to increase? If I smoke pot (even a few hits) now and then and take the Remeron; I can sleep for 18 hours straight!!! I don't like this at all! I'm depressed enough and don't need to lay in bed all day.

Help?

#6 CER

CER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Diagnoses:I'm a clown
  • Current Meds:Too many
  • Location:Recently beat-up HP Pavilion (thanks to my 9-yr old son)

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

PBF,

You are right on there!

It blew my depression away in no time when I felt that there was no hope left in the world, and the side effects are much more mild than any other AD I've evar had.

And the folks over at Yum Yum Donuts love me!

Posted Image

:mad:
BPII / ADD

Current meds: Lamotrigine, Topamax, Seroquel, Mirtazapine, Adderall

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me...

#7 FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

what dose did you all have to go up to get these amazing effects, I've been on 25 for close to a month and I think me and my pdoc both seem to be giving up on it.

#8 CER

CER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Diagnoses:I'm a clown
  • Current Meds:Too many
  • Location:Recently beat-up HP Pavilion (thanks to my 9-yr old son)

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

what dose did you all have to go up to get these amazing effects, I've been on 25 for close to a month and I think me and my pdoc both seem to be giving up on it.

Well, here's the dosage from the Remeron Page:

The initial dose of Remeron is 15mg. If no improvement is felt within two weeks, that may be increased to 30mg. If you're still not feeling better a month after that, you can go up to 45mg and officially that's it, although there are reports of some psychiatrists experimenting with doses up to 90mg. There are no other published dosage options for Remeron at this time, it's just weird that way. 15, 30 or 45mg. Some of the more enlightened doctors are starting their patients at 7.5mg and titrating them in 7.5mg increments, and I'm all for that method. If I were you, and I got along with meds that messed with my serotonin, I'd insist on that. 7.5mg to start, up to 15mg after a week or two if no improvement, then 22.5mg after a month and so forth up to 45mg. I think the 90mg craziness is in response to Remeron poop-out, which is just exposing people to side effects for no good reason.

I saw immediate improvement at 15mg, but some people (PBF, Cyeic, etc) have gone up to 30/45mg and had great results there. At 25mg you still have a ways to go before hitting the top if you want to keep trying.
BPII / ADD

Current meds: Lamotrigine, Topamax, Seroquel, Mirtazapine, Adderall

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me...

#9 FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

Well, here's the dosage from the Remeron Page:

The initial dose of Remeron is 15mg. If no improvement is felt within two weeks, that may be increased to 30mg. If you're still not feeling better a month after that, you can go up to 45mg and officially that's it, although there are reports of some psychiatrists experimenting with doses up to 90mg. There are no other published dosage options for Remeron at this time, it's just weird that way. 15, 30 or 45mg. Some of the more enlightened doctors are starting their patients at 7.5mg and titrating them in 7.5mg increments, and I'm all for that method. If I were you, and I got along with meds that messed with my serotonin, I'd insist on that. 7.5mg to start, up to 15mg after a week or two if no improvement, then 22.5mg after a month and so forth up to 45mg. I think the 90mg craziness is in response to Remeron poop-out, which is just exposing people to side effects for no good reason.

I saw immediate improvement at 15mg, but some people (PBF, Cyeic, etc) have gone up to 30/45mg and had great results there. At 25mg you still have a ways to go before hitting the top if you want to keep trying.

hmm well I'm on Abilify as well, was on 5 mg now 10 and the pdoc decided to go up on that instead from our last appointment...who knows, thanks though

the multitude of decisions these meds presents, the benefits/risks are enough to drive a guy insane if he wasn't to begin with!

just today I was reading some studies to find a med combo that had shown to have a better chance of working for TRD and generally better than the significant around 20% above placebo variety and I just ended up with a headache!

Edited by jprince11, 18 October 2007 - 05:25 PM.

#10 StrungOutOnLife

StrungOutOnLife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar ?, Asperger syndrome, OCD, ADHD

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hi...thank you for the comments about Remeron and Effexor. My doctor has me on this combination (Effexor in a.m. and Remeron in p.m.).

Here's the thing...I don't like taking the Remeron early because I don't WANT to go to sleep! So I don't take it regularly. Don't slam me - I know that I should be...it's better when I do.

I have a question though that I would like the answer to: Does smoking pot (which I know I shouldn't do) cause the sedative effect of Remeron to increase? If I smoke pot (even a few hits) now and then and take the Remeron; I can sleep for 18 hours straight!!! I don't like this at all! I'm depressed enough and don't need to lay in bed all day.

Help?

You do know that you are a fucking idiot for combining two agents known to cause the munchies and sedation together. I suggest that you stick with the one that is much better regulated. And I AM going to jump on you for being a noncompliant fuckwit. AM! AM! AM!

ETA: bounce bouncity boucy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bouncy bouncily bounce bouncy bouncy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bounce bouncity boucy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bouncy bouncily bounce bouncy bouncy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bounce bouncity boucy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bouncy bouncily bounce bouncy bouncy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bounce bouncity boucy bounce bounce bouncity bounce bouncy bouncily bounce bouncy bouncy bounce bounce bouncity bounce

ETA2: Do we a sign taped on that says, "Enablers-R-Us"?

ETA3: I stand by ETA2. It's one thing to be a noncompliant fuckwit when you don't know better, but you do! Just don't take it early!
Lamictal 350mg/day, Adderall 15mg/day, spironolactone 25mg/day, loxapine 15mg/day, metformin 500mg bid, Vitamin D 3,000 IU/day, Tri-Sprintec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts