Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs

Luvox Withdrawal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_vitalsign0

In_Remission_vitalsign0
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Ok I've been taking Luvox (50mgs) and Xanax (.5mgs) every night for the past 12 years. Why is tapering off of 50mgs so damn hard? I have tried breaking up the pill into 8ths (about 6mgs) and I still get withdrawal. I get symptoms like hot flashes, cold hands/feet, brain zaps, etc.

Anything you can think of to help? I don't take enough of the medicine for it to be effective and I've really only stayed on it to avoid the withdrawals. Any guidance? Thanks!

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD
  • Current Meds:200mg sertraline 300mg lamotrigine

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:51 AM

Ask the doc about adding some prozac to help taper off of luvox?
Zombiez ate my brain
and spat it back out, blecch...

#3 In_Remission_ACF

In_Remission_ACF
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

Ok I've been taking Luvox (50mgs) and Xanax (.5mgs) every night for the past 12 years. Why is tapering off of 50mgs so damn hard? I have tried breaking up the pill into 8ths (about 6mgs) and I still get withdrawal. I get symptoms like hot flashes, cold hands/feet, brain zaps, etc.

Anything you can think of to help? I don't take enough of the medicine for it to be effective and I've really only stayed on it to avoid the withdrawals. Any guidance? Thanks!

My friend, I feel your pain! I have been able to taper down from 200mg to 50mg. That wasn't too bad. But trying to get away from the 50mg is still a struggle. Cutting those pills can be frustrating and who really knows if you are getting an accurate dose. What I have been trying to do is take the 50mg every other day for say 10-20 days. I notice that I didn't always feel the withdrawl symptoms unitl 5 days or so after my last adjustment. That's why I say give it at least 10 days. Then extended the distance by 2 days for 10-20 days and and 3 and so on. My goal is to get to where I'm taking 50mg every 5 days for 10-20 days and then just quit after that. Hopefully my body/brain will be able to tolerate it.

I don't mind so much the symptoms as mine seem to only reallybe bad for a few hours and then I'm ok. I have experienced bad headaches and nausea when I tried cold turkey, though. That's when I get back on my regiment and try to remain patient. I pray that helps!

#4 In_Remission_fatcharlie

In_Remission_fatcharlie
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

You could always ask to be prescribed Fluvoxamine, which is generic Luvox. It may come in smaller dose sizes. Currently I have a 25mg prescription. My only experience with Luvox is Luvox CR and it only comes in 100mg and 150mg capsules, as far as I know. Skipping days is not a good way to taper at all.

Edited by fatcharlie, 17 March 2010 - 03:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts