Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Photo

Pregnancy/meds Books & Articles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martasi2

martasi2

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

Books:
Pregnancy Blues by Shaila Kulkami
Ride At Your Own Risk: A Guide For Pregnant Women with Bipolar Disorder by Christina Marie Bailey
Bipolar and Pregnant: How To Manage and Succeed, etc. by Kristina K. Finn
The Pregnancy Decision Handbook for Women With Depression by Stephanie S. Durruthy
Medications and Mother's Milk: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology
Treating Postnatal Depression: A Psychological Approach for Healthcare Practitioners by Jeannette Milgrom, et al.
Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation by Gerald G. Briggs, Roger K. Freeman, Sumner J. Yaffe
This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression by Karen R. Kleiman, Valerie Davis Raskin
Beyond the Blues: A Guide to Understanding and Treating Prenatal and Postpartum Depression by Shoshana S. Bennett, Pec Indman
Shouldn't I Be Happy: Emotional Problems of Pregnant and Postpartum Women by Shaila Misri, M.D.
Sleepless Days: 1 Woman's Journey Through Postpartum Depression by Susan Kushner Resnick
A Mother's Tears: Understanding the Mood Swings That Follow Childbirth by Arlene M. Huysman

Articles:
"When Conception Is the Question" (from Spring 2007 bphope magazine):

http://www.bphope.com/Item.aspx?id=83

There is also a separate blog page for comments on this topic. The viewpoints and personal experiences are just as good as the article

Edited by martasi2, 31 December 2008 - 12:26 PM.

#2 jenesaisquois

jenesaisquois

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS/Anxiety issues/Sleep difficulties
  • Current Meds:lamotrigine, aripiprazole, venlafaxine XR

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'll have to check out the one on Bipolar Disorder.
Old Rx's: Lexapro, Remeron, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, trazodone, Seroquel, Klonopin, Ativan

Do not construe anything I say as medical advice - I just have a Philosophy degree.

#3 Anna

Anna

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, most recent episode Mixed
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Risperdal, Depakote, Provigil, Neurontin.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Oh my god, one of my old pdocs is on there! The one I utterly HATED, btw. she said she was going to write a book on pregnancy in the MI and really wanted me to be a lab rat for her... the only time she seemed to have a real interest in my care was when I was considring pregnancy... I guess she atually did it...

Pardon the irrelevance, it just freaked me out.

Anna
Anna

Diagnosed Bipolar Type I, most recently Mixed.

Current Meds: Seroquel, Risperdal, Neurontin, Provigil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud