Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Pregnancy/meds Books & Articles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martasi2

martasi2

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

Books:
Pregnancy Blues by Shaila Kulkami
Ride At Your Own Risk: A Guide For Pregnant Women with Bipolar Disorder by Christina Marie Bailey
Bipolar and Pregnant: How To Manage and Succeed, etc. by Kristina K. Finn
The Pregnancy Decision Handbook for Women With Depression by Stephanie S. Durruthy
Medications and Mother's Milk: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology
Treating Postnatal Depression: A Psychological Approach for Healthcare Practitioners by Jeannette Milgrom, et al.
Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation by Gerald G. Briggs, Roger K. Freeman, Sumner J. Yaffe
This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression by Karen R. Kleiman, Valerie Davis Raskin
Beyond the Blues: A Guide to Understanding and Treating Prenatal and Postpartum Depression by Shoshana S. Bennett, Pec Indman
Shouldn't I Be Happy: Emotional Problems of Pregnant and Postpartum Women by Shaila Misri, M.D.
Sleepless Days: 1 Woman's Journey Through Postpartum Depression by Susan Kushner Resnick
A Mother's Tears: Understanding the Mood Swings That Follow Childbirth by Arlene M. Huysman

Articles:
"When Conception Is the Question" (from Spring 2007 bphope magazine):

http://www.bphope.com/Item.aspx?id=83

There is also a separate blog page for comments on this topic. The viewpoints and personal experiences are just as good as the article

Edited by martasi2, 31 December 2008 - 12:26 PM.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 jenesaisquois

jenesaisquois

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS/Anxiety issues/Sleep difficulties
  • Current Meds:lamotrigine, aripiprazole, venlafaxine XR

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'll have to check out the one on Bipolar Disorder.
Old Rx's: Lexapro, Remeron, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, trazodone, Seroquel, Klonopin, Ativan

Do not construe anything I say as medical advice - I just have a Philosophy degree.

#3 Anna

Anna

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, most recent episode Mixed
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Risperdal, Depakote, Provigil, Neurontin.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Oh my god, one of my old pdocs is on there! The one I utterly HATED, btw. she said she was going to write a book on pregnancy in the MI and really wanted me to be a lab rat for her... the only time she seemed to have a real interest in my care was when I was considring pregnancy... I guess she atually did it...

Pardon the irrelevance, it just freaked me out.

Anna
Anna

Diagnosed Bipolar Type I, most recently Mixed.

Current Meds: Seroquel, Risperdal, Neurontin, Provigil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog