Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs

Reboxetine (edronax)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Saveman

In_Remission_Saveman
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:50 AM

This topic seems to have disappeared so I'll restart it......

Anyone on Reboxetine? How have you found it? What side effects do you get?
Interactions with other drugs? Interactions with alcohol? Etc. etc.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 Simba Cub

Simba Cub

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective disorder of the depressive type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks
  • Current Meds:Alprazolam, Clozapine, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

Tried Reboxetine for a while and didn't have that great an experience on it - I became very edgy, nervous and jittery. It didn't help with my depression either, but that's nothing new!

I will say, though, that the drug is usually very well tolerated.

I quote from my archives:

A relatively modern medication, Reboxetine is fast proving its worth in the treatment of depressive disorders. One particular trait worth mentioning is its ability to compliment SSRI drug therapy safely, typically increasing the antidepressant qualities that both drug possess. Reboxetine typically takes approximately two weeks to present the patient with an antidepressant effect.

Compared to most antidepressants, Reboxetine has a low side effect profile and is generally considered to be a comparatively safe drug to administer. The most common side effects reported are a dry mouth, constipation, insomnia, excessive sweating, vertigo and urinary hesitance and/or retention; impotence may be experienced as well, but is uncommon in doses south of 8mg per day.

Generally, side effects generally recede during the first four to eight weeks of therapy. Discontinuation (withdrawal) of the drug only causes adverse effects in 4% of patients; interestingly, patients treated with a placebo had a 6% chance of experiencing adverse effects. However, Reboxetine can be hazardous in patients exhibiting a bipolar disorder, magnifying the manic stage to a distressing extent.

At the time of writing, Reboxetine is not available to patients within the USA.

Rich::

Diagnosed with: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Depressive Type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks

Experience in: Alprazolam, Aripiprazole, Bupropion, Chlordiazepoxide, Citalopram, Clonazepam, Clozapine, Dothiepin, Duloxetine, ECT, EMDR, Fluoxetine, Imipramine, Lamotrigine, Lithium, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Moclobemide, Olanzapine, Paroxetine, Procyclidine, Propranolol, Quetiapine, Reboxetine, Risperidone, Sertraline, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine, Venlafaxine, Zolpidem, Zopiclone.

#3 KG85

KG85

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:04 AM

Anyone tried both Strattera as well as Rebox... and maybe desipramine as well? Were the effects felt similar in any ways?
Ive taken strattera and that made me edgy and moody as hell. Took desipramine but for two short a time to really analyze its effects. I just knew it was making me tired and what seemed like (maybe) more depressed.

#4 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Epilepsy NOS, Aspergers, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 300mg, TPM 325mg, protriptyline 60mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 60mg EPA 600

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Anyone tried both Strattera as well as Rebox...

Why some people have, including people who have frequented the many incarnations of this site, they are few and far between.

Because of various patent issues and the like you won't find Strattera and reboxetine available in the same countries.

I think Health Canada has both approved, but Eli Lilly won't market Strattera in Canada.

and maybe desipramine as well? Were the effects felt similar in any ways?
Ive taken strattera and that made me edgy and moody as hell. Took desipramine but for two short a time to really analyze its effects. I just knew it was making me tired and what seemed like (maybe) more depressed.

I can only report a sampling as you have, Strattera vs. Desimpramine. Like reboxetine they are all pure norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. Although desipramine does its antihistamine thing, hence you're being more tired.

In terms of potency desipramine wins hands down, followed by reboxetine than Strattera. I don't have the numbers on selectivity.

All three are metabolized via CYP2D6.

I had to stop taking desipramine because the constipation landed me in the hospital. That was part of the reason for the delay in getting the site back up.
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

Wear my Straitjacket     Batshit Crazy Blog

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#5 berry

berry

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II rc
  • Current Meds:Effexor, Tegretol

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

I've been on Edronax for over 8 weeks now. After about 4 days starting it i noticed feeling better - not happy just not really suicidal.

Since then, i havent noticed anything 'different' but i wouldnt say im terribly depressed, just not happy either. (for most of the time)
I'm still on 4mg, so i think i will increase it to 8mg, (my doc did say i could do that sometime).

has anyone else had any experience with this drug? I have a feeling that seroquel is what is having an effect on my mood - if i dont take it i feel desperately depressed and suicidal again, as well as feeling seriously weird. If the Edronax isnt working i dont want to be taking it. But i dont want to complain if it is and im just... complaining about nothing.

any thoughts on this? :mad:
Ex rx: Valproate, Lithium, Lovan, Edronax, Seroquel, Propranolol, Neulactil, Ziprasidone

#6 Cyeic

Cyeic

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

It's important to remember that antidepressants are not happy pills - the closest they get is causing hypo/manic reactions in those with bipolar.

Assess if you still have symptoms of depression (sleeping problems, lack of energy, guilt ect) - if the medication has diminished/eradicated symptoms, perhapse now is the time to look into therapy.

I would say if you're on a cocktail of meds which is stopping you feel suicidal, keep taking it. Look into either dosage increases or augmenting agents if you're still experiancing symptoms.
Useful Journals:

Blackwell Synergy
Science Direct

There's no cure that couldn't kill you.

#7 berry

berry

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II rc
  • Current Meds:Effexor, Tegretol

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

thanks for replying so fast :)

i know antidepressants wont make me 'happy'. but i do still have trouble sleeping, lack energy, and lack interest in doing much.., low motivation etc.
so im not sure whether this is the best it will get. or whether i should ask for something better?
i know that seroquel is helping me sleep. if i take that away then i feel really depressed and the 'not sleeping' problem becomes huge..

thankyou for your advice. i will talk to my doc as soon as i get back into the country :mad:
i guess i'll try increasing edronax and see what happens.
Ex rx: Valproate, Lithium, Lovan, Edronax, Seroquel, Propranolol, Neulactil, Ziprasidone

#8 Simba Cub

Simba Cub

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective disorder of the depressive type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks
  • Current Meds:Alprazolam, Clozapine, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

I didn't get along with Reboxetine - it made me jittery, wired and nervous. After a month or so, I moved on.

However, I do acknowledge that Reboxetine is, typically, a drug with fewer side effects than standard SSRIs and can be the magic key for many people.

Rich::

Diagnosed with: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Depressive Type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks

Experience in: Alprazolam, Aripiprazole, Bupropion, Chlordiazepoxide, Citalopram, Clonazepam, Clozapine, Dothiepin, Duloxetine, ECT, EMDR, Fluoxetine, Imipramine, Lamotrigine, Lithium, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Moclobemide, Olanzapine, Paroxetine, Procyclidine, Propranolol, Quetiapine, Reboxetine, Risperidone, Sertraline, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine, Venlafaxine, Zolpidem, Zopiclone.

#9 In_Remission_Yetin

In_Remission_Yetin
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

Hmm... not Edronax as I read the Swedish prescription info.

Do you have a source confirming that? I´d be very curious to see it, because I´ve been on it for more than a year now, believing it was only metabolized by CYP3A4 - and trying to predict interactions, and counteract them when adding/removing meds, with this belief.

And to the question of the thread: At the moment I am on both. Never tried Strattera alone. Strattera is not helping me with depression like Edronax is. Strattera makes me feel so sleepy I can only tolerate 10 mg:s on bedtime. The good part of strattera is that it makes me physically more relaxed, as dexedrine does. But Edronax, on the contrary, make´s me feel more alert. At higher doses than 6-8 mg:s, it really gets me going, more like "speed" is being described by others. (but it doesn´t seem very unlikely to me that way too much of my norepinephrine is drained by Lyrica, as I read about Lyrica´s mechanisms of action. In other words; I suspect that much of what I eat is simply being cancelled out)

Edited by Yetin, 31 December 2007 - 12:25 PM.

#10 In_Remission_molls

In_Remission_molls
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

I'm gonna bump this back up to see if anyone has anything new to add.

I'm especially curious what, if anything, you guys are taking reboxetine WITH - SSRIs? Wellbutrin? Anything at all?

#11 She of the metaverse

She of the metaverse

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1, Borderline, Aspies
  • Current Meds:Edronax, Lithium

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

I take the edronax for depression/bipolar depression symptoms and Risperdal as a moodstabilizer/anti psychotic. At some point in another 2 1/2 months we will add in Topmax also to try and get more stabilizing (Not entirely sure I will add Topamax now).

Um as to why I take those particular drugs, its pretty much because I did my research based on me and my symptoms along with my reactions to former drugs and came up with that and the Pdoc agreed to let me try.

Its only been 2 weeks but the Risperdal/Edronax combo seems to be working VERY well for me and still at tiny doses. I'd even go as far as to say it is producing results above the best I ever recieved from my Lithium/Cipramil combo.

No side effects from either.

As to alcohol, that is totally off the shopping, I had a single beer and was comatose.
Current dx:Bp1, Borderline, Aspies
Former dx:PTSD, PND, Depression, Agoraphobia, SAD, GAD, OCD, MDD (beat em, yay me)
Current meds:Edronax (4mg am and pm), Lithium (500mg am and pm)
Have had:Prozac, Zoloft, Avanza, Cipramil and Risperdal

#12 In_Remission_suki

In_Remission_suki
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

I've just started Edronax today and I feel really zippy, hyper, jittery - not good. I'm also on a small dose of Risperdal.
It reminds me of how I felt on Neurontin. Very uncomfortable...I'm wondering if I can call it a day and never take it again, or whether I have to stick with it for longer? It's going to be hard to swallow another one that's for sure.
I know that technically I shouldn't be feeling the effects of this drug yet. I'm very sensitive to meds, and trust me (if you're doubtful) it's the drug I'm feeling. Yuck. Any advice?
Thanks, Suki.

#13 In_Remission_muhamur

In_Remission_muhamur
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

i've been taking reboxetine for about 4 weeks, though i only take what would be considerable a sub-therapeutic dose-- about .2mg per day. i went through about a week of feeling extremely anxious though this effect wore off and i was left feeling considerably calmer than normal. however, increasing the dose above about .2mg made feel like a zombie. just extremely ill, dead to the world, unable to escape the bed. all in all, i feel more alert at my current dose, more motivated, and possibly less depressed. nothing spectacular, but helpful for ssri-related fatigue.
i'll admit i'm totally flummoxed as to how to dose this medication to get maximum benefit, and what exactly the maximum benefit would feel like. i guess ymmv with antidepressants, and this seems to be especially true of reboxetine and strattera.

i'm heard reboxetine and strattera can often cause extreme fatigue in the beginning, but that this wears off and they end up being quite energizing. i'm really curious if anyone has had this experience.

#14 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 400, CLZ 2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.5-1

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

Hmm... not Edronax as I read the Swedish prescription info.

Do you have a source confirming that? I´d be very curious to see it, because I´ve been on it for more than a year now, believing it was only metabolized by CYP3A4 - and trying to predict interactions, and counteract them when adding/removing meds, with this belief.

From Pfizer Australia's PI Sheet:

Reboxetine is extensively metabolised after oral administration. The drug is predominantly metabolised through hydroxylation of the ethoxyphenoxy ring, o-dealkylation and oxidation of the morpholine ring. In vitro studies indicate that CYP3A4 is the isozyme of cytochrome P-450 that is primarily responsible for the metabolism of reboxetine. In vitro studies show that reboxetine has no effect on the activity of the following isozymes of cytochrome P-450: CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2E1. At high concentrations, reboxetine inhibits CYP2D6. In vitro studies show that reboxetine is a weak inhibitor of CYP3A4. In vitro studies have shown that the major circulating metabolite, the 3-morpholine oxidation product of reboxetine, has little or no activity on noradrenergic or seratonergic uptake, and is unlikely to contribute to the pharmacological activity of reboxetine.

[...]

Elimination of reboxetine is mainly via hepatic metabolism (by cytochrome P4503A4) with a mean terminal half-life of about 12 hours.

Dymphna

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#15 GoldCoin

GoldCoin

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

I have been on endronax since February 09. It has been a life save for me.

I went back in to hospital after a bad time with prozac and they switched me to it. I am on 16mg a day, with a relatively quick titration
I dd notice that it defiantly makes me more awake and alert and i can get really jittery and anxious but it has stopped the bad depression like no other for me, and i am pretty much side effect free, except for the constipation

I would recommend this drug to someone looking for something other than an SSRI.
Past Diagnosis - MDD, Cluster A or B personality traits (doctors can not decide), cyclothymia and Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar 2,GAD, SAD.
Current Diagnosis - schizoaffective disorder

Past Medication- Lexepro, Effexor, Prozac, Diazepam, Mogodon, Temazepam, Sodium Valporate, Endronax, Seroquel, Lamactil, Ativan, Abilify, Zoloft, Thorazine, Halaparadol
Current Medication - Clozapine (400mg), Allegron (100mg), Xanax (prn), Clopixal (40mg)

#16 She of the metaverse

She of the metaverse

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1, Borderline, Aspies
  • Current Meds:Edronax, Lithium

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:24 AM

Just thought I'd pipe up and say I'm still on Edronax at the same 8mg a day dose 5 months later and I still think its the bees knees.
Current dx:Bp1, Borderline, Aspies
Former dx:PTSD, PND, Depression, Agoraphobia, SAD, GAD, OCD, MDD (beat em, yay me)
Current meds:Edronax (4mg am and pm), Lithium (500mg am and pm)
Have had:Prozac, Zoloft, Avanza, Cipramil and Risperdal

#17 Bipolar Maniac

Bipolar Maniac

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar
  • Current Meds:lithium, lamictal

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

I'm on edronax/reboxetin now as well (Australia). My mixed episode started going down into depression. Since I can get pretty suicidal in a matter of weeks my doc & I decided we should nip it in the bud. I've taken antidepressants in the past and they tend to make me go manic, especially Zoloft, Effexor made me switch after 6 months even with lithium and I had to stop taking it ASAP (nasty withdrawal).

So my doc suggested edronax as a possible solution. According to him it should give me more energy (I've been sleeping too much) and better focus, while I'll still have to keep an eye on my happy/sad mood. And this stuff is apparently the least likely to trigger a manic episode.

I'm on 2mg for starters (4 days) and mainly experiencing some side effects for now. Nothing intolerable, a bit of sweating for no good reason, waking up early and slightly better attention span. I'm hmm... one of those people with reactive brain and small doses work on me.

#18 Bipolar Maniac

Bipolar Maniac

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Current Meds:lithium, lamictal

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Thought I'd post an update. I increased the dose to 6mg a day and am so far doing really well with my mood and energy levels. The only side effect still persisting is constipation.

#19 Kurgan

Kurgan

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Current Meds:Lamotrigine 400mg Mirtazapine 45mg 50mg fluvoxamine Diazepam 30mg prn

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

I took the stuff and for me it really did not seem to have any effect at any dose.
400mg of lamotrigine really hit the spot for depressive symptoms.

Mirtazapine was the icing on the cake.

I am both crazy in the psych and neuro departments btw. No seizures though.

#20 Dean_in_Oz

Dean_in_Oz

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, GAD, social phobia
  • Current Meds:Efexor 150mg, Inderal 80mg, Rivotril 3mg, Zyprexa 2.5 prn, Largactil 75mg,

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

I was initally placed on a full tablet (4mgs) of edronax some years back. I had to quit it due to anxiety and restlessness.

This time around we have started with a quarter tablet, then half, then 3/4 and now a full, with a tiny amount of Luvox to counter the restlessness.

I don't want to give up on edronax as I have found it the most effective med for D that I have tried. So just looking for something to reduce the restlessness ... and giving myself time to get used to the extra energy that I have.

All the best cootie warriors,
Dean

Ps, two weeks later: the energising effect has evaporated. Seems to be an ok anxiolitic though ...

Edited by Dean_in_Oz, 28 November 2010 - 05:31 AM.

Lessons learnt the hard way:
2 years of vit b deficiency making it difficult to walk some days
Parnate and inderal don't get along

#21 In_Remission_kabuki_callgirl

In_Remission_kabuki_callgirl
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

I have been on edronax for a year and as much as I recently had to up my dosage and might be off of it soon I really thought it was great, makes me feel comfortable and secure. Its helps me articulate how I feel and it helps me settle (from being ballistic) I havent had any bad side effects and it helps to cut out the "OMG need food!" reaction I get from zyprexa.

#22 In_Remission_myrealitycheckbounced

In_Remission_myrealitycheckbounced
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Does anyone know if Reboxetine (Edronax) can legally be imported into the United States? If so is there a reputable online pharmacy that it can be purchased from? I sometimes worry that these online pharmacies will provide counterfeit items that actually either contain no active ingredient at all or at worst something harmful (whether intentional or not by the supplier, it may be mal-formulated perhaps).

At any rate, would it be illegal (punishable under US law) to obtain it from an overseas pharmacy even there was one to supply it? I want to use it for ADHD as it appears to be more invigorating and less sedating and longer lasting per dose that Strattera (the only SNRI for ADHD available in the USA.)

I can't take stimulants because of heart problems so Edronax seems ideal?

#23 In_Remission_killerchef

In_Remission_killerchef
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I will start off by saying hello to everybody (first post). I will give a little history about the meds i have taken. I started (for depression) about 12-14 yrs ago wellbutrin. Doctor was after me to quit smoking so he thought try and kill two birds with one stone. After takin it for about 5 days it started to cause anxiety attacks, so i stopped taking it. Then the doctor tried paxil. It worked reasonably well. Stopped after about 1.5 yrs. Was drug free for about 1 more yr then I started to get anxiety attacks. Started the paxil again, worked reasonably well, except i became too care free, and engaged in too much destructive behavior. Switched to prozac. That was the one for me. I have been taking it ever since. About 5 years ago I realized I didnt have any drive, any desire, everything was ok, just didnt have that spark for life. I ended up adding reboxetine. I live in the us. Not available here. I ended up ordering it online, some say legal some say not legal, I dont really know. I never had any problems getting it by mail. I started with 2mg a day. Wow. I hit the magic combo (w/20mg prozac). Ended up upping the dosage to 4mg about 3 yrs ago. Now about a yr and a half ago i started to notice it was pooping out. Both. So ended up trying to add remeron to the mix. No go. Too sedating. Dropped all and tried cymbalta. No good. Went back to prozac and reboxetine worked for a really short time. Ended up dropping the reboxetine. Doc said try strattera. Strattera and prozac. 20 mg prozac and 40 mg strattera. Was Good first few days, I felt that energy, drive and concentration come back. But after a few days I began to have anxiety attacks.

Doc says prozac may multiply the effects of the strattera, so now am down to 18mg. anxiety subsided, but still a little edgy! Doc says maybe switch to celexa from prozac? will see what happens

But Reboxetine was gold for me! and yes I imported it, for damn near 5 yrs too! I dont know if its legal but i would do it again in a heartbeat! Im not importing controlled substances or anything so........To me its ok!

#24 Catlady88

Catlady88

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

I just started taking Edronax (reboxetine).
So far it seems fine.
I started on 1mg (doc said 2mg, but after research it seems this is best taken slowly)

First day wasn't so good - brain fog, tired, hot flashes, detachment.
Second day was good. I took it with coffee - really helped. Clear headed-ish, slightly motivated, felt...good.
Third day (today) everything is fine. No complaints.

I'll up to 2mg once my last quarter is used up, then eventually report back on whether this stuff is fixing my problem: concentration problems, lack of motivation, apathy, just generally feeling "blah", fatigue, low energy.

#25 kaz

kaz

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Meds:edronax, vaben, various vitamins etc

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

i have been on edronax for about 8 years now. it has worked wonderfully for me and is weight neutral and sexually neutral, which is great. the problem is now i have developed a rapid heartbeat. the cardiologist doesnt think its the edronax, but im not so sure. has anyone else had ( or heard of ) this problem? i was taking three pillls (12mg) so i went down one and it seemed to reduce the rapid heartbeat a bit. i just went down by another half...

i also take vaben ( oxazepam),30 mg a day, and have gone down to 20 to see if that changes anything..

i would be interested in anyones experiences that are similar...

#26 wheaties

wheaties

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD, Dysthymia
  • Current Meds:Amitriptyline, Edronax

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

I started Edronax 2 weeks ago, after amitriptyline was kind of working but wasn't quite cutting it (I refuse to settle for less than 100%), so I thought I'd weigh in on this topic.

Edronax so far has been great  :D. Sleep became epic within days. NE is apparently the key to my mind troubles so anything that increases the little NE bro's in my head the better I get in terms of mood, and everything with it including sleep, energy, focus, blah blah blah you get the picture. 

I take 4mg on waking and another 4mg after lunch (Started on 1 tab but after a week just wanted more!). My head feels amazing, like I remember it as a kid. Sleep is long, unbroken, and refreshing. 1st time in about 6 or 7 years.

1st week it was hard getting up purely because of the awesome sleep (maybe due to the aggressive dosing :huh: ). Before I started meds I had developed major insomnia, but even on meds (SSRI's, SNRI's and even Mirtazapine) I could never shake the early morning waking. Edronax, along with Amitriptyline, kicked my remaining sleep problems right in the balls and then again just for good measure.

If NE is what you lack (and everyone is different yeh I know), Edronax could be a great addition your current meds to specifically target the NE re-uptake inhibition.

Over the last few days my mood, energy, drive, focus etc etc have been coming back like a friend I used to know (me :D). Still early days, but the way my head feels it's just indescribably good!!!

Edronax has been so well tolerated, the best of the half a dozen meds I have tried (mostly targeting serotonin rather than NE). Way better tolerated than SSRI's for me personally. And no sexual side effects...  ^_^

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts