Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Hi..the Have Finally Found Me A Name For My Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beenthere

beenthere

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:Dysthymia
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin XL 300mg Diazepam 5mg

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hi. I have been depressed for along time and I was really thinking I had to live with it. I am an Alcoholic and have been  sober for 9 years and I have hit my mid life and I have no joy. As of June 22nd have been diagnosed with Dysthymia and it all makes sense. I have done a lot of reading on this site and Hoping I can get some answers about my drugs and how I am feeling. Thanks!!    

*****And THEY have found a name for my Crazy.

Edited by beenthere, 12 July 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Alcoholic and sober for 8 years. Prescribed Sequeral and Trazodone in the treatment center. I have been on and off Zoloft 200 mg for 8 years. With a new diagnosis of  Dysthymia I am on Wellbutrin 300 mg.

I just want a little peace and joy.. :grin: 

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 LauraH

LauraH

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major Depressive Disorder / Anxiety / C-PTSD / Agoraphobia tendencies-all trtmt resistant
  • Current Meds:Abilify, Bupropion (Wellbutrin), Seroquel, Clonazepam

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hi beenthere... welcome to this world.

I too have the "pleasure" of the dysthymia dx, but my primary dx is MDD Recurrent ... basically means i feel no joy all the time and sometimes go from bad to worse then back to just bad again.

I'm also now taking bupropion (wellbutrin) ... how's that working for u? Not done much for me... yet. then again nothing does.

Anyhoo... hi.

Edited by LauraH, 11 July 2013 - 04:46 PM.

LauraH: I'm 51 y/o.  Been in the psychiatric circus for past 30 years; tried nearly every size, shape and color of med, including 5 rounds of ECT; also been through countless hours of psychotherapy, CBT, DBT, etc ; in and out of mental hospitals many times ----  In other words, my struggle marches on.

Previous Meds (generics of all): Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft, Remeron, Cymbalta, Trazadone, Zyprexa, Lamictal, Ativan, Neurontin, Navane, Lithium, Geodon, Risperdal, Buspar, Inderal, Thorazine, Visteril, Strattera, Effexor

Current Meds: Bupropion (Wellbutrin) SR 400mg/day : Seroquel XR 500mg/night + Seroquel IR 200mg/night for sleep as needed: Clonazepam (Klonopin) .5 x2/day as needed : Abilify 20mg/day : Pravastatin 20mg/night : Fluticasone (Flonase) nasal spray 2 snorts/day

#3 beenthere

beenthere

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi, Thanks for the Welcome.....

I probably should have been here along time ago, but I always thought, this will pass. I have been on Zoloft 200 mg in the past and then I took a holiday and then I went down hill. Its been 19 days on this med and still have ups and downs...I am going to see how it goes and give it some time. having a lot of different side effects on different days.....

Alcoholic and sober for 8 years. Prescribed Sequeral and Trazodone in the treatment center. I have been on and off Zoloft 200 mg for 8 years. With a new diagnosis of  Dysthymia I am on Wellbutrin 300 mg.

#4 LauraH

LauraH

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major Depressive Disorder / Anxiety / C-PTSD / Agoraphobia tendencies-all trtmt resistant
  • Current Meds:Abilify, Bupropion (Wellbutrin), Seroquel, Clonazepam

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yes, I just came upon this place not long ago myself... lots of info!

And I've been dealing with this special brand of misery for a long time also, and sometimes i think i've have gotten used to it, so much so that it's hard to imagine actually improving my outlook on life and living, and would I even recognize that if it did happen. But I keep trying this and that, anyway.... in case I'm wrong.

If you put all your pasts meds and what else you've tried in your signature, then people here have a better idea what you've already tried and can better suggest alternatives. 

LauraH: I'm 51 y/o.  Been in the psychiatric circus for past 30 years; tried nearly every size, shape and color of med, including 5 rounds of ECT; also been through countless hours of psychotherapy, CBT, DBT, etc ; in and out of mental hospitals many times ----  In other words, my struggle marches on.

Previous Meds (generics of all): Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft, Remeron, Cymbalta, Trazadone, Zyprexa, Lamictal, Ativan, Neurontin, Navane, Lithium, Geodon, Risperdal, Buspar, Inderal, Thorazine, Visteril, Strattera, Effexor

Current Meds: Bupropion (Wellbutrin) SR 400mg/day : Seroquel XR 500mg/night + Seroquel IR 200mg/night for sleep as needed: Clonazepam (Klonopin) .5 x2/day as needed : Abilify 20mg/day : Pravastatin 20mg/night : Fluticasone (Flonase) nasal spray 2 snorts/day

#5 beenthere

beenthere

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

Thanks, I just updated that. Thanks for the info and I hope the is a light at the end of this hell hole!!

#6 sircuit

sircuit

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 and ADD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 300mg, Seroquel 50mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 200mg

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

Hi Beenthere, welcome to the board. Congrats for 8 years of sobriety. No small task. Believee me, I know.

Glad to have you here.

• Tried; Parnate, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Pristiq, Nardil, Manerix, Tegratol, Lamictal, Seroquel, Lithum, Zyprexa, Tofranil, Cipralex, Serzone, Remeron, Norpramin,Luvox, Pamelor, Topamax, etc., etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?" George Carlin

#7 Prunella

Prunella

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII and probably OCD
  • Current Meds:Daily: lamotrigine, (Teva generic) 200 mg; alprazolam-.5 mg, 1-2 oer day

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Welcome, beenthere:

You picked a wonderful name for this site because, even though we all have different issues, we've all been there in the depths of depression, the highs of mania, the panic of anxiety or the self-medication with alcohol, drugs or food. That's why we all to try to help each other. I hope you find peace and joy here.
Other conditions: COPD, from smoking; fibromyalgia, which started as polymyalgia rheumatica; scoliosis with leg length discrepancy; hypertension and hypercholestremia, both now controlled by medication; extreme klutziness (I can trip over my shoelaces while I'm barefoot).

Prior Meds: Paxil CR,* Lexapro, Effexor (none of which seemed to do any better than the Paxil)

Indian Summer

In youth, it was a way I had
To do my best to please,
And change, with every passing lad,
To suit his theories.

But now I know the things I know,
And do the things I do;
And if you do not like me so,
To hell, my love, with you!
Dorothy Parker

#8 beenthere

beenthere

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

feeling welcomed!
Looking forward to some insight to this crazy life!

Edited by beenthere, 12 July 2013 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog