Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Photo

Wellbutrin Saved (My Quality Of) Life

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 applebar

applebar

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I just felt obligated to share my experience because it was so positive: i have been on 600-750mg since 2005.   I suffer no side effects (i cannot even tell if i have taken it) and my incidence of illness fell by 90% for the last 8 years (i asked GSK if they had ever heard of this but they declined to comment).   I did forget my meds on a trip out of the country once- i had no withdrawal but after 24 hours i felt sluggish and had trouble getting things done plus my old sugar craving returned.  Once i was back on it - everything was normal.

:)

One comment on the dose (which is higher than you typically see): the doctor who prescribed it told me that the original clinical trials were at 900mg (that was what GSK found to be the effective dose) but since 5% of patients had seizures at 900 they dumbed it down to a max of 450 where the seizure percentage dropped to 0.1 (1 in 1000) so it would be more marketable (hard to sell a drug that caused 1 on 20 to have a seizure).

#2 Nurse Ratched

Nurse Ratched

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, Hemiplegic Migraines, Fibromyalgia
  • Current Meds:Risperdal, Topamax, Amitriptyline

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I don't think I'd like to risk being that 1 in 20.  I take 450 mgs and it seems to be very effective. 

Current Meds: Risperdal 2 mgs, Topamax 50mgs, amitriptyline 37.5 mgs.

Former meds: Wellbutrin, Klonopin, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Remeron,  Abilify, Lamictal, Geodon, Zyprexa, BuSpar, Xanax, Depakote, Trazodone, Ambien, Lithium,  Doxepin,  Cogentin, Haldol, Saphris, Latuda, Neurontin, Lexapro, Ambien, Vistaril, Seroquel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud