Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Wellbutrin Saved (My Quality Of) Life

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 applebar

applebar

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

I just felt obligated to share my experience because it was so positive: i have been on 600-750mg since 2005.   I suffer no side effects (i cannot even tell if i have taken it) and my incidence of illness fell by 90% for the last 8 years (i asked GSK if they had ever heard of this but they declined to comment).   I did forget my meds on a trip out of the country once- i had no withdrawal but after 24 hours i felt sluggish and had trouble getting things done plus my old sugar craving returned.  Once i was back on it - everything was normal.

:)

One comment on the dose (which is higher than you typically see): the doctor who prescribed it told me that the original clinical trials were at 900mg (that was what GSK found to be the effective dose) but since 5% of patients had seizures at 900 they dumbed it down to a max of 450 where the seizure percentage dropped to 0.1 (1 in 1000) so it would be more marketable (hard to sell a drug that caused 1 on 20 to have a seizure).

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Nurse Ratched

Nurse Ratched

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, Migraines
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I don't think I'd like to risk being that 1 in 20.  I take 450 mgs and it seems to be very effective. 

Current Meds: Topamax 200 mgs, Seroquel XR 300 mgs, Wellbutrin 300 mgs, Vistaril 50 mgs x4, Klonopin .5 mgs, Ambien CR 12.5 mgs

Former meds: Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Abilify, Lamictal, Geodon, Zyprexa, BuSpar, Xanax, Depakote, Trazodone, Ambien, Lithium, Risperdal, Doxepin,  Cogentin, Haldol, Saphris, Latuda, Neurontin, Lexapro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog