Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Agitation; Depression When Starting Elontril (Wellbutrin) 300 Mg

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lbme

lbme

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:Currently: no idea. Past: Dysthymia, SAD; ADHD-Inattentive.
  • Current Meds:lamotrigine 200 mg; clonazepam .25 mg prn; L-thyroxine (Synthyroid) 50mg-50mg-75mg

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Recently I was started on Elontril (brand WB here in Germany) - mostly to see if it would help with my ADD, as I do not like Adderall (nor can I get it here much longer).  I took 150mg for the 1st week and felt a tad better, with no SE other than some nausea and loss of appetite.  The day I started 300mg - and for the next 4 days to follow, I was a mess.  Angry, agitated, and depressed - seemingly all at once.  I went from being reasonably stable to a hot mess in less than 24 hours.  At first, I was determined to stick it out for at least 4 weeks, but I couldn't stand it and quit after the 5th day at 300 mg.

Should I have waited this out longer?  I read through the 1st 6 or 7 pages in this forum and I noticed many mentions of these types of SE, but no real updates :-)  It is all but impossible for me to ask my p-doc about anything.  We are DOD overseas and I can not be seen at our base - currently for Active Duty only.  I have to drive almost two hours away to another base, but that one will be closed in the next few mos. and at that point I will be forced to go out on the economy (and German doctors are not known for prescribing much of anything).

So, all this to ask if anyone has been through something similar and come out OK after a few weeks???

• Starting in '96, I tried - and I think this is the order: Prozac, Wellbutrin (to quit smoking), Effexor, Prozac & Effexor, Wellbutrin (agitated and had to add Zoloft), Lexapro, Effexor (quit - high BP), Lexapro (agitated and quit - tried again much later, starting at 5mg and severe weight gain), Buspar (allergic).
  • Dx ADHD-Inattentive in '08 and went on Adderall XR - no longer taking due to agitation.
  • Started Lamictal and Klonopin in '11 - love them both!

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts