Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Batshit Crazy mug
Batshit Crazy
Photo

Luvox And A Stimulant?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyD

AndyD

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Anyone take Luvox in combination with some kind of stimulant?  I am very close to trying it again for a third time.  First couple times  I tried it, I was forced to stop due to really bad Depersonalization from the Luvox.  I have a very long history of difficulty with SSRI's due to them inducing DP and DR.  I do know that stimulants tend to help break me out of the DP so I'm thinking of trying one this time around with the Luvox but not sure which one to try.  If anyone has experience taking it with a stimulant, I'd love to hear.  Also, it doesn't have to just be an ADD medication but could be anything with a stimulating property (another AD, modafinil, etc.) 
Thanks

Edited by AndyD, 13 March 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 mia

mia

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major Depressive Disorder, OCD, ED, Self Harm
  • Current Meds:Luvox 250mg, Ritalin 20mg.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I take it with Ritalin...

Previous meds: 80mg Prozac, 20mg Endep, Valium & Zyprexa prn, Edronax 8mg, Inderal 10mg.

Current meds: 250mg Luvox, 30mg Ritalin, Valium prn.

#3 Chomper

Chomper

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I've been wondering about taking it with a stimulant myself. Does Abilify count? Abilify is an AAP but it makes me hyper.

Edited by Chomper, 03 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#4 modestman240

modestman240

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD,Anxiety Disorder NOS, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Zoloft, Clonazepam, Seroquel

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Concerta might be a good one, it's name repackaged ritalin or Adderall XR/IR.  I only have experience with Concerta and Adderall, both worked the well and pretty much in the same way.  Both are very very expensive (especially adderall, can't remember concerta).  I've been told that adderall is more potent though.

Current psych Meds: Zoloft 100 MG, Seroquel 150MG, Clonazepam 1MGX3 daily (2 MG more as needed)

Non Psych Meds: Percocet 5/325, UltramER (Tramadol 100MG)

Previous AD's: Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor XR, Cymbalta,Sertraline

Previous Benzos & Anxiolytics: Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Buspar

AAPS: Seroquel XR, Rispidone,Abilify

Gradually, then suddenly.' That's how depression hits. You wake up one morning, afraid that you're gonna live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions