Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Which Causes Less Appetite Suppression, Vyvanase Or Adderall?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thegymbum

thegymbum

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Diagnoses:Anorexia, depression, anxiety, insomnia
  • Current Meds:Effexor, Zyprexa, Mirtazapine, Wellbutrin, Vyvanse, Temazepam

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hi. I'm wondering, between adderall and vyvanse, does anyone know which is the LEAST appetite suppressing? I'm asking because I have a history of an eating disorder and don't want aynthing to trigger me back into it. I'm just starting a new job where I'll have to be REALLY focused, lots or really intense scientific literature reading and complicated techniques, and my ADHD has been pretty bad since I've been off adderall (stopped when I finished school a few months ago... it's been frustrating but has been tolerable as long as I don't have anything really important to focus on...). So I really feel like I have no choice if I want to excel in my job (which is a really important key for my future right now). I never had a huge amount of appetite suppression with adderall, in part because I'd been on it so many years, but I did notice some difference... going off it relieved some of my anxiety about eating. I don't think I really started eating more when I stopped it, though I think that was part of my eating disorder rather than anything related to meds. So right now I really want to go back on something that will help, but want to avoid appetite suppression, so I'm wondering, is vyvanse less of an appetite suppressant than adderall? Oh by the way, I have heard that Ritalin/concerta and strattera are a lot less appetite suppressing but they haven't worked for me. Thanks!!

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 notfred

notfred

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts
  • Diagnoses:check out signature
  • Current Meds:check out signature

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

They are both amphetamine so I wold not expect one to be more than the other.

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvance 70 mg, (dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D 2,000 IU, Fish oil 7.2 g

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#3 rktzim

rktzim

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADHD, depression
  • Current Meds:Adderal IR, Zoloft

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I've switched back and forth between Vyvanse and Adderall over the past couple years, and I've noticed way less appetite problems on Vyvanse. I lost 30lbs in the first few months on Adderall XR because I NEVER ate and the mere thought of food was disgusting and made me wanna puke. Vyvanse has a little bit of appetite suppression but nothing compared to Adderall. And that eventually goes away. At least in my experience. Hope this helps! :)

#4 thegymbum

thegymbum

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Diagnoses:Anorexia, depression, anxiety, insomnia
  • Current Meds:Effexor, Zyprexa, Mirtazapine, Wellbutrin, Vyvanse, Temazepam

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for the responses!

I'm giving the vyvanse a shot, and it doesn't seem to be affecting my appetite. So I'm going to stick with it for the time being!

#5 consenttotreatment13

consenttotreatment13

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, ADHD
  • Current Meds:Zyprexa 30mg, Topamax 200mg, Vyvanse 70mg, Klonopin 2mg

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I disagree. Vyvanse makes me not eat the entire day/night I take it whereas I can eat a couple hours after Adderall XR wears off. Get appointments for 2 weeks and try each for 2 weeks only and see what works for you.

#6 mulliganheart

mulliganheart

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

I didn't eat anything all day on Vyvanse but was fine by dinner. Still lost a ton of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog