Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Latuda And Worsening Adhd Symptoms

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dookie

Dookie

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar or Depression w/Psychotic Features, ADHD
  • Current Meds:Latuda 80 mg, Strattera 80 mg

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I am taking 60 mgs Latuda and 600 mg Lithium. Since I started the Latuda I get a bored with life feeling and my ADHD seems worse in that I have no ability to focus on anything. It's not depression as I actually feel pretty good on the Latuda. It's this life is dull, I don't know what to do with my time feeling. I have things I could be doing, but I can't get motivated to do them. Anyone else have this? I thought it may be a form of akathisia and read something about it in the Wikipedia entry. Would an ADHD med help or do I need a drug that works on akathisia?

Previous Meds

Zoloft-prescribed for post-partum depression. Didn't do sh*t and may have made my PPD turn into postpartum psychosis
Lexapro-took this with wellbutrin/risperdal - made me have weird side effects and didn't do sh*t
Zyprexa- felt like a million dollars and gained over 50 lbs.
Betablockers- prescribed for my heart, caused derealization?-like effects when I first started it
Prozac- allergic to it

Risperdal -works but makes me fat

Lithium-didn't work so well and weight gain

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar I

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

From your description you definitely don't have akathisia. I know that sinking boredom, but I haven't had that effect from Latuda. I am having atypical depression symptoms (If I'm not in my bed, I want to be, preferably sleeping. No motivation. Eating for comfort. Etc. But not sad.). I don't blame the Latuda, however, since the depression came on well after I started it.

We're trying antidepressants now, though my pdoc is leery of them with bipolar. Luvox is mellow, but it didn't really help. I had every hope for Wellbutrin, but it was dragging me down into deeper depression. Now I'm on Viibryd, which really seems to be helping--I'm eager to try a higher dose.

My pdoc, for one, would not even consider an ADHD with bipolar for fear of bringing on mania.

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Lamictal 200mg;  Wellbutrin 150 mg;

For sleep (rotating):   trazodone 50-100mg;  Lunesta 3mg;  Seroquel 50mg  

Prn: Xanax up to 3mg;

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel,  Abilify,  Ambien, Viibryd, Chantix, Luvox

#3 Dookie

Dookie

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar or Depression w/Psychotic Features, ADHD
  • Current Meds:Latuda 80 mg, Strattera 80 mg

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Really? Because I've had the ADHD diagnosis longer than the BP and I thought once I got the BP under control maybe I could work on treating the ADHD. Since mine seems to get better w drugs that act on norepinephrine I thought they wouln't be incompatible w my dopamine acting meds.

Previous Meds

Zoloft-prescribed for post-partum depression. Didn't do sh*t and may have made my PPD turn into postpartum psychosis
Lexapro-took this with wellbutrin/risperdal - made me have weird side effects and didn't do sh*t
Zyprexa- felt like a million dollars and gained over 50 lbs.
Betablockers- prescribed for my heart, caused derealization?-like effects when I first started it
Prozac- allergic to it

Risperdal -works but makes me fat

Lithium-didn't work so well and weight gain

#4 BabyBlueSkie

BabyBlueSkie

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1, Panic Disorder, PTSD
  • Current Meds:See my signature

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have been on meds for my ADHD for the past three years (Adderall and then Straterra) and neither brought on mania. I have also been on an antidepressant in addition to a mood stabilizer, and again, no mania. I would try it. If taking Adderall, you'll know pretty quickly if it's too much. Straterra can take up to 2 weeks before you feel better.

the world of reality has its limits; but the world of imagination is boundless - Tim Holtz
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current meds: Trileptal - 1200mg, Geodon - 80mg, clonazepam - 1mg prn.

Current vitamin/supplement regimen: Vitamin D3 - 1,000 IU, Calcium - 1,000mg, Super B Complex - 100mg, B12 - sublingual 5000mcg, Vitamin E - 400 IU, EFAs (ALA - 2,000mg; EPA - 2,000mg; DHA - 500mg), Magnesium - 400mg.

Past meds: Viibryd, Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Effexor, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Neurontin, nortriptyline, Risperdal, Ambien, Trazodone, Vistaril, Depakote, Adderall, Ativan, Xanax, Valium, lithium, Cymbalta, Lamictal, Strattera, Abilify.

#5 bptabby

bptabby

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar disorder, ADHD, OCD
  • Current Meds:Latuda, Pristiq, Vyvanse, Klonopin, Lunesta, Prozasin, Propranolol, Zyprexa (prn)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I have been taking 120 mgs of Latuda with 70 mgs of Vyvanse.  I also have ADHD and Bipolar Disorder.  I haven't noticed my ADHD getting worse being on Latuda.  I am also on an anti-depressant and none of these has caused mania.  I like all the meds I am on and I seem to be stable on them.

bptabby

current meds:Latuda 160 mgs,  Pristiq 100 mgs, Vyvanse 70 mgs, Klonopin 4 mgs, Prozasin 4 mgs, Lunesta 3 mgs , Benedryl 50 mgs, Propranolol 320 mgs,

past meds: Abilify, Seroquel, Seroquel XR, Geodon, Risperdal, Invega, Latuda, Trilafon, Haldol, Lithium, Depakote, Depakote ER, Trileptal, Lamictal, Neurontin, Topamax, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Serazone, Effexor, Effexor XR, Klonopin,Trazodone, Remeron, Cymbalata, Restoril, Visteril, Xanax, Ambien, Ambien CR, Buspar,Ritilin, Ritilin LA, Concerta, Strattera, Symbyax, Valium, Prolixin, Clozaril, Strattera, Prolixin

#6 OhDoTell

OhDoTell

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II (ultra rapid-cycling); ADD; GAD;

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I also have ADHD and Bipolar Disorder.  I haven't noticed my ADHD getting worse being on Latuda.  

Same. I have ADD and BPII. My ADD has greatly improved on Latuda, which is one of the primary reasons I love it and am willing to suffer through some of the side effects I'm having.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog