Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs

Lexapro Combined With Seroquel = Rhythmic Restless Leg Contractions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_therapeuticbrigg

In_Remission_therapeuticbrigg
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

well anyways, whenever I take lexapro in the morn, and then take my seroquel or gabapentin I end up getting very restless in which my legs rhythmically contract back and forth between the left and right calves. and then sometimes i even get hypnogogic hallucinations or nightmares, in which i start to drift off to sleep and hear some voices or see things or something. its not the same as a daytime regular hallucination though.

also sometimes when drifting off to sleep i sometimes get whats called myoclonic jerks, in which my heart rate slows and breathing slows, and my body thinks it's dying and then it jerks or startles itself to wake up. these happen only when combining my lexapro with either seroquel or gabapentin.
plez help with what drugs other than inderal or cogentin that I could take that could make these hallucinations less scary, or to make me less restless, does seroquel combine better with another SSRI other than lexapro?-to make my legs less restless. my psychiatrist says lexapro is the cadillac of SSRI's, is this really true or just a one person bias? ive tried cogentin, that combined with seroquel, gabapentin, and lexapro makes for a dry mouth exacerbation unlike any other. so id like to stay away from cogentin, unless i plan on drinking lots of water.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 In_Remission_therapeuticbrigg

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

yah, i mean i dont know the telltale signs of EPS, but I only have it at night before going to sleep. and my doctor said it's not tardive dyskenisia, but he didnt really do anything other than look me in the eye and say that. so im not sure what the possible symptoms would be.

#3 In_Remission_therapeuticbrigg

• Guests

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

hmm well i dont think so, cuz with RLS it's definitely your legs moving around, my legs are stable, except they contract. and it doesnt happen when i dont take my antidepressant with seroquel.

#4 In_Remission_sari

In_Remission_sari
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:19 AM

RLS occurs while you are awake and resting. Strange tingling or burning sensations make you uncomfortable; willfully moving your legs will make that feeling subside momentarilly. Involutary contractions of the legs or arms while you are asleep is called periodic limb movement disorder. With PLMD your legs do not have to visually move - often they dont. Sometimes theres just a toe twitch, sometimes theres a muscle contraction but so small it doesn't produce a gross movement. Sometimes your leg jumps off the bed and hits you in the head! Any setative can have depressive effect on respiration - so if you have sleep apnea it will make it worse, or if you don't have sleep apnea it could push you into mild sleep apnea or upper airway resistance syndrome. Hypnagogic hallucinations are one of four main symptoms of narcolepsy. Not trying to diagnose here - just give you a few other things to look into.

However, if none of these things existed before taking this combo of meds, then its probably the meds. have you tried taking the lex in the Am and Seroquel in the PM and vice versa. As opposed to taking them together?

Seeing as seroquel is used to treat parkinsons - one would think it would depress RLS, PLMD and not make it worse. If you notice the leg thing only at night, then its more likely the seroquel is depressing respiratory drive in sleep causing some apnea which causes the leg kick which causes you to wake up. People with really bad sleep apnea will swear they haven't fallen asleep yet - even though sleep onset was an hour ago. And this perception makes sense as they may be sleeping for 20 seconds and then waking up for 5 seconds over and over and over - all night!

Check out the website for the National Sleep Foundation - www.sleepfoundation.org

There have been some studies recently on Obstructive Sleep Apnea and depression, that show that treating OSA will often lift a co-mingling depression, or make that depression easier to treat with drugs.

Best of luck!

#5 In_Remission_therapeuticbrigg

• Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

i dont take them together at all, i take lexapro in am and seroquel in Pm. and im only comfortable doing just that. cuz seroquel during the day would make me sleepy, i use it for sleep anyways, so it would not make sense to take it in the morning. but its just whenever i take it in combination. meaning i dont take it together, i take both of them at different times during the time but they act or interact on eachother, whenever i take the seroquel at night, the inderal i started taking has stopped all kinds of restlessness though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts