Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Lyrica

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_eric68

In_Remission_eric68
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:54 AM

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar II wo co-morbid GAD and panic disorder. I'm always looking for the next advancement in anxiety management and I've read that Lyrica has been approved for GAD in Europe, though not here in the U.S. I'm interested in learning about anyone's experience with Lyrica to manage anxiety and panic. Would it be worth asking my pdoc about it? Thanks for your input.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 In_Remission_rayovac

In_Remission_rayovac
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar II wo co-morbid GAD and panic disorder. I'm always looking for the next advancement in anxiety management and I've read that Lyrica has been approved for GAD in Europe, though not here in the U.S. I'm interested in learning about anyone's experience with Lyrica to manage anxiety and panic. Would it be worth asking my pdoc about it? Thanks for your input.

In my experience: GAD - yes, Panic - probably not (maybe)

If you've ever taken neurontin, then you'll know what to expect with Lyrica. The difference (in my opinion) is that Lyrica is far more reliable and far more predictable. There aren't so many bioavailability issues, and its effects *are* dose - dependent in a more linear fashion (in other words, 400mg = twice the effect of 200 mg, 800mg = twice the effect of 400mg). Lyrica can really pack a whallop....and at the right dose I can see it kicking any anxiety cold. This is (I believe) the reason that it is scheduled.

Also (in my opinion) while Lyrica is probably effective for GAD, it seems to function much more like a mood stabilizer.

I actually love the stuff, it has helped me with pain issues and mood...but I'm an odd one.

Good luck!

#3 In_Remission_rand84

In_Remission_rand84
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

Hello,

My doctor just prescribed me Lyrica for my OCD/anxiety. I am currenlty on 200mg of Zoloft, how does Lyrica help with my problem? If it just will turn me into a zombie I don't want to take it. Any thought on this medicine?

Edited by rand84, 06 April 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#4 In_Remission_loona

In_Remission_loona
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:33 AM

I take both a benzo and lyrica for anxiety. I had the kind of anxiety that was felt very much in the gut/chest - just a feeling in the torso of being intensely startled, but constantly, actually more of an akathisia, and Lyrica is the only thing that stopped it. Praise be! So for me, the benzos work from the neck up (they help with anxious thoughts) whereas the lyrica really nails the anxious sensations.

Oh, before switching to Lyrica, I'd been on Neurontin with pretty much the same effect, only I'd have to take boatloads of the pills because of bioavailability issues as someone upthread mentioned. NOTE: I gained about 30 lbs while on Lyrica!!! This has taken about six months. My psychiatrist says 40lb weight gains are not unheard of, so she's going to start me on Topamax rather than switch back to Neurontin. It might also have been that my insurance company wouldn't pay for Neurontin, but would pay for Lyrica? To be honest, I don't remember why she's so anti-Neurontin (relatively speaking), but I think I'd rather just go back to Neurontin than add another med to the mix... On the other hand, I just started Lithium so that might mean a losing battle against the weight gain unless we do use the Topamax.

#5 In_Remission_crazyhed

In_Remission_crazyhed
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

I take both a benzo and lyrica for anxiety. I had the kind of anxiety that was felt very much in the gut/chest - just a feeling in the torso of being intensely startled, but constantly, actually more of an akathisia, and Lyrica is the only thing that stopped it. Praise be! So for me, the benzos work from the neck up (they help with anxious thoughts) whereas the lyrica really nails the anxious sensations.

Oh, before switching to Lyrica, I'd been on Neurontin with pretty much the same effect, only I'd have to take boatloads of the pills because of bioavailability issues as someone upthread mentioned. NOTE: I gained about 30 lbs while on Lyrica!!! This has taken about six months. My psychiatrist says 40lb weight gains are not unheard of, so she's going to start me on Topamax rather than switch back to Neurontin. It might also have been that my insurance company wouldn't pay for Neurontin, but would pay for Lyrica? To be honest, I don't remember why she's so anti-Neurontin (relatively speaking), but I think I'd rather just go back to Neurontin than add another med to the mix... On the other hand, I just started Lithium so that might mean a losing battle against the weight gain unless we do use the Topamax.

I also recently experienced a 30+ pound weight gain in 2-3 weeks on a high dose of Lyrica (for leg pain). Though some of the weight could be attributed to an increased appetite/intake from Seroquel, I believe most of the weight gain was water weight due to water retention, as evidenced by feet and ankle edema, which resolved with discontinuation of the Lyrica.

As a side note, you mentioned an anxious sensation in your chest/gut... I suffered from what I can only describe as a burning pit in my stomach/chest last year (a few months before my wedding) and was suprised to learn that it was anxiety which was totally abated with the use of Buspar... which I was able to discontinue shortly after this major life event! :mad:

Hope this was useful to someone. Good luck to all.

#6 cherries

cherries

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Diagnoses:some flavor of craziness

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

I took Lyrica for severe nerve pain .I was having spasms all over my body. Had it not been for Lyrica i could not have survived. I did gain some weight, but had no choice but to take this med. It did cause me to rage. I would just go off on something and find myself walking through the house in a rage . I think it was toward the end at the high doses. I was so scary, My cats were hiding from me . I was frightening them. At the beginning , about 3 weeks into the taking it, I noted a noticeable decrease in my anxiety level. I have serious anxiety levels and when my level came down, it felt like a huge weight off me. I could not believe how NOT feeling anxious felt. It was a feeling I'd never known.
Lyrica is worth a try.
"Well, I take this medicine as prescribed
It don't matter if I get a little tired
I'll sleep when I'm dead"

Warren Zevon

#7 In_Remission_Nuttin-Works

In_Remission_Nuttin-Works
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Lyrica should NOT be allowed on the market. Maybe for fibromyalgia but that's all. Any doctor who prescribes it should have to retake his state boards because he is just listening to the pharmacy rep who never passed either high school chemistry or biology.
Although I didn't realize it, after taking it for a week, every part of my body was numb except for my migraine. I guess that's why we bleed, so we will see it. :mad:

#8 In_Remission_Porter

In_Remission_Porter
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

I was recently moved from Neurontin to Lyrica. I've got to admit I can't feel it doing *anything* for me! Nerontin I could 'feel' working - this stuff I was seriously considering if it's just a placebo!

#9 In_Remission_daisy

In_Remission_daisy
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

I have been taking Lyrica for about 15 months. At first it was a wonderful medication for anxiety and helped with pain but it has since lost it's effect. I tried increasing the dose but all I experienced was an increase in appetite and word recall problems. I can't tell one way or another these days if I have even taken it and it does little for my pain. Too bad as I thought it to be a wonderful drug initially with little in the way of serious side effects.

#10 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 500, CLZ 1.5-2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.25-.5

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

Wow. I guess I'm just a case study for this drug. Neurontin was horrible for me, but Lyrica actually works as advertised (seizures).

I knew I was starting this drug, so I made a conscious effort to track my food intake (I didn't go on a diet, I just started monitoring what was going in my mouth and not "grazing"). I am currently taking 75mg BID for over a month and have gained no weight. I have no edema to speak of. I am on another weight gainer and have more to worry about from it (cabergoline - it is a long, slow, steady climb).

I have noticed that simple carbs make me feel like shit and proteins make me feel better. I have to balance this with the fact I'm on two CAIs and need to keep my kidneys.

Everyone is different.

Oh, once it reached a decent plasma concentration, it did help level my mood. I'm not an anxious person by nature, but I am a manic one, and it quelled that, FWIW.

Dymphna

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#11 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

My Neurologist/Muscle Doctor/Shoulder Doctor/Pdoc are all working together on this. I take it for severe nerve damage in my shoulder/anxiety.. titrating up.. and I can tell that it's working already. I've been reading up on the drug interactions between Lyrica and Topamax.. the pharmodynamic interactions, not the side effects.. and they enhance each other. It's pretty interesting. Way off topic, not meaning to thread jack.
My Kind of Crazy: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Bipolar Type

Meds: 30mg Dexedrine Spansule .. 200mg Lamictal .. 80mg Latuda .. 600mg Neurontin .. 200mg Ultram ER

Some people say the grass is always greener on the other side.
I say be the gardener. Water it. Feed it. Make your own grass grow.
I make the grass greener wherever I am. I'm the gardener.

#12 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:16 AM

My Neurologist/Muscle Doctor/Shoulder Doctor/Pdoc are all working together on this. I take it for severe nerve damage in my shoulder/anxiety.. titrating up.. and I can tell that it's working already. I've been reading up on the drug interactions between Lyrica and Topamax.. the pharmodynamic interactions, not the side effects.. and they enhance each other. It's pretty interesting. Way off topic, not meaning to thread jack.

oooo.... that is good to know. Any cites?

D

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#13 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

I'm sorry.. but no. It's mainly what my doc said. Topa operates mainly in the Calcium Channels, and it makes you really receptive to GABA. Lyrica touches the Calcium, and it really pushes the GABA. Ying Yang.

Meds: 30mg Dexedrine Spansule .. 200mg Lamictal .. 80mg Latuda .. 600mg Neurontin .. 200mg Ultram ER

#14 In_Remission_daisy

In_Remission_daisy
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Well now that's interesting. Now I know little of pharmodynamic interactions but am curious if the Invega that I recently started taking could possibly boost the effects lyrica! Does anyone know about this? I was in the process of tapering off the Lyrica and am down to half a capsule a day. I would willingly resume taking it if I could get the benefits I received when first starting treatment with it 15 months ago. I no longer have private insurance jusy medicare part D so no point in taking expensive meds if not getting any benefits. Initally I was in love with lyrica and recommended it to several people I know....but like I said it's benefits petered out in about a year. I started out taking 50mg 2 times a day. Then went to 100mg 3 times a day which was too much for me. I finally settled at 100mg twice a day which was just right for a while. Lastly I tried 75 mg three times a day....and like I said I got little noticable effect....too bad!

thanks daisy

#15 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Diagnoses: Schizoaffective d/o, bipolar type
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

I tried Lyrica for fibromyalgia. I also have bad anxiety, panic attacks and social phobia problems. Lyrica stopped my anxiety...ALL of my anxiety. It was unexpected.
Current Meds: Lithium Carbonate 900mg, Geodon 85-90mg, Artane 2.75mg, Klonopin 1-1.125mg, Adderral 20mg, Provigil 100mg, Prolixin .33mg.
Dosages are the daily total. Most meds are taken in smaller doses throughout the day.

Past meds: I've tried almost everything except MAOI's, half of the TCA's, Clozaril, Remeron and Serazone.

#16 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

Invega's an AAP.. It hits nothing that Lyrica does. However, like all Crazy Meds, they still accent each other by working on the symptoms that the other meds don't, which results in a symptom-free Daisy. Most AC's, which Lyrica is, sometimes require dosage adjustments, and they can also become duds. They are very similar in SSRI's in how you can move around to other meds in the same class and receive good responses.

Have you tried Neurontin?

#17 In_Remission_daisy

In_Remission_daisy
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:36 AM

Yes, I have tried neurontin Robert and found the side effects to be rather unpleasand as compared to Lyrica. I can't really say if it worked well for pain or anxiety as I never gave it much of a chance! Think I am just going to bite the bullet and try the Lyrica at a higher dose.....so I'll forget a few words in my vocabulary :mad: OH well I guess I have had worse thing happen! I do need to keep a lock on the cookie jar though....

daisy

#18 diagnosed

diagnosed

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:19 AM

I can't really say if it worked well for pain or anxiety as I never gave it much of a chance!

daisy

unfurtunately you have to give it a fair chance..

it only kicks in after about 5-7 days
dx::::PTSD::Bpd Nos
rx:::Carbamazepine 400TID::Risperidone 2mg::Gabapentin 800Qid::Dothiepin HCI 150:

#19 In_Remission_theswan

In_Remission_theswan
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

Hello I'm new here

Daisy! Wow! I've been looking for someone that had the same effect as I did on Lyrica. I used it two years ago and it lasted six months (as effective) It like in your case, wore off. I used it again in August 2008 and it lasted 21 days! Auugh!

I went off for twenty days or maybe a bit like 16 days and I got it filled by accident as I called in all my medications to the pharmacy (including diabetes drugs etc) I said "what the heck" and tried it again. Well here I am at day 3 and I feel great again. I don't feel "high" just normal with a lot of energy. My chronic pain is down as is my anxiety and depression.

Gee whiz, this drug is a darn near wonder drug except that as you said-"peters out" I wonder why and if increasing the dose to over 300mg would be of benefit?

Maybe we should write to the company. My doctor says he is not sure why it works so well other then just plain tolarence. I seem to remember that when I went up from 75mg TID to 150mg BID, it made no difference. It did not start to work again when I increased it.

Maybe just weaning off and going back on is the way to go? Darn it-I'll just enjoy the benefit for now Lol

Glen AKA theswan

#20 horselover

horselover

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression, anxiety
  • Current Meds:Viibryd, Abilify, lamotrigine, levothyroxine

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

Anyone currently using Lyrica for anxiety? Anyone using it for anxiety that has BP and Aspergers/autism? I would love to hear some new responses since these were a while back. Thanks

Edited by horselover, 02 August 2010 - 10:25 AM.

HL

Current meds:
Viibryd 30mg
Abilify 10mg
Lamotrigine 100mg
levothyroxine 0.05mg
Protonix 40mg qam for GERD

Previous meds.:
Lexapro
Pristiq
Ativan

#21 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

Wow. I guess I'm just a case study for this drug. Neurontin was horrible for me, but Lyrica actually works as advertised (seizures).

I knew I was starting this drug, so I made a conscious effort to track my food intake (I didn't go on a diet, I just started monitoring what was going in my mouth and not "grazing"). I am currently taking 75mg BID for over a month and have gained no weight. I have no edema to speak of. I am on another weight gainer and have more to worry about from it (cabergoline - it is a long, slow, steady climb).

I have noticed that simple carbs make me feel like shit and proteins make me feel better. I have to balance this with the fact I'm on two CAIs and need to keep my kidneys.

Everyone is different.

Oh, once it reached a decent plasma concentration, it did help level my mood. I'm not an anxious person by nature, but I am a manic one, and it quelled that, FWIW.

Dymphna

I'm going to update this post.

When I hit 100mg BID all hell broke loose. My electrolytes went to hell. I swelled up like a balloon. I started seizing like there was no tomorrow.

The Ndoc didn't want to hear any of it - he just thought I was being a bitchy woman. I went off of it all at once while in hospital for a Veeg (thank god). No one was ever able to tell me what the hell happened.

Dymphna

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#22 horselover

horselover

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression, anxiety
  • Current Meds:Viibryd, Abilify, lamotrigine, levothyroxine

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Everyone is different.

Dymphna

I'm going to update this post.

When I hit 100mg BID all hell broke loose. My electrolytes went to hell. I swelled up like a balloon. I started seizing like there was no tomorrow.

The Ndoc didn't want to hear any of it - he just thought I was being a bitchy woman. I went off of it all at once while in hospital for a Veeg (thank god). No one was ever able to tell me what the hell happened.

Dymphna

Sorry to hear you had such an bad response. What were you taking Lyrica for? What was your target dose? Just wondering since you had some positive response @75mg BID. Were you taking any other meds at the time? I understand neurontin has more of a drug interaction profile than lyrica.
And thanks for your update.
HL

Current meds:
Viibryd 30mg
Abilify 10mg
Lamotrigine 100mg
levothyroxine 0.05mg
Protonix 40mg qam for GERD

Previous meds.:
Lexapro
Pristiq
Ativan

#23 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Sorry to hear you had such an bad response. What were you taking Lyrica for? What was your target dose? Just wondering since you had some positive response @75mg BID. Were you taking any other meds at the time? I understand neurontin has more of a drug interaction profile than lyrica.
And thanks for your update.

It was prescribed for epilepsy. I don't know what the Ndoc's target dose was going to be. I was also on Diamox CR, Topamax, and Cabergoline.

D

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#24 sc2501

sc2501

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:09 AM

Anyone currently using Lyrica for anxiety? Anyone using it for anxiety that has BP and Aspergers/autism? I would love to hear some new responses since these were a while back. Thanks

I have used Lyrica for anxiety and migraine prophylaxis for nearly a year now. At first it worked miracles for both, but then it either 'pooped-out' or my anxiety and migraines just got worse. I am going to try to up the dosage to 450 mg (higher than the average maximum dose of 300). I experience zero side-effects from it except the "can't remember the right word" and maybe some other forgetfulness, but I'm fine for that, at least until graduate school. I never knew it could cause weight gain! Right now I'm on 200 mg Wellbutrin SR, 10 mg Lexapro (trying to combat sexual side-effects), 350 mg of Lyrica, Xanax XR, and, at the moment, 50-100 mg Seroquel for sleep, and I wish I could gain weight. I've been smoking heavily so that's part of the problem, but at 5'5" and 107 lbs people are starting to say I look sick. (I have a small build though.)

I'm keeping a blog that discussed my dosage upping of Lyrica if you're interested.
"You can not protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."
- Jonathan Safran Foer, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

#25 OverUnderAndThrough

OverUnderAndThrough

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Lyrica should NOT be allowed on the market. Maybe for fibromyalgia but that's all. Any doctor who prescribes it should have to retake his state boards because he is just listening to the pharmacy rep who never passed either high school chemistry or biology.
Although I didn't realize it, after taking it for a week, every part of my body was numb except for my migraine. I guess that's why we bleed, so we will see it. :mad:

@Nuttin-Works, your post makes a broad sweeping generalization that shows a lack of effort on your part to partake in an intelligent discussion of a complex topic. Saying things like that doesn't add anything positive to the discussion and gives people unjustified fear.

Just because a med has a certain effect on YOU does not mean that it will affect everyone like that. Please try to refrain from saying hugely exaggerated things like "Any doctor who prescribes it should have to retake his state boards because he is just listening to the pharmacy rep who never passed either high school chemistry or biology."

To those who are considering trying Lyrica, don't let the fear-mongering posts dissuade you from trying a drug that may change your life for the better. Everyone reacts differently to meds and you won't know for sure how you'll respond to a med until you actually try it.

Diagnosis: Chronic Pain (back / hips / thighs / buttocks), Anxiety, Depression (in remission), ADHD-I (Predominantly Inattentive Type)

Current Meds (in daily doses): Savella (milnacipran) 50mg AM / 50mg PM; Remeron (mirtazapine) 135mg PM; Klonopin (clonazepam) 1mg AM / 1mg PM (plus up to 6mg/day more PRN); Wellbutrin (bupropion) 150mg; Namenda (memantine) 20mg;  Zanaflex (tizanidine) up to 16mg/day PRN; Nuvigil (armodafinil) occasionally 125mg AM

Past Meds: Lexapro (escitalopram); Cymbalta (duloxetine); Strattera (atomoxetine); Abilify (aripiprazole); Neurontin (gabapentin), Pristiq (desvenlafaxine), Valium (diazepam), Risperdal (risperidone), Adderall (amphetamine salts), Lyrica (pregablin), Opana (oxymorphone), Ultram (tramadol), DXM a.k.a. dextromethorphan 150mg AM / 150mg PM (based off the Brand-name med Nuedexta)

#26 In_Remission_2catsmad

In_Remission_2catsmad
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

I have social anxiety with panic, and low mood. I live in dysthymia/ possibly low end BP spectrum territory (I think I have maybe only been hypo twice- and the rest of the time it's varying shades of depression and agitation). I am willing to give it a try. I am pretty functional but I still feel like I struggle on a day to day basis. When my environment is more unpredictable the worse my anxiety is.

I am not anxious all the time. I get social phobia/other phobias, and panic associated with phobias plus Low mood. Would it be bad to start this first and see where it helps?

I am relying on Klonopin PRN, and notice I seem to get my moods set off, if I take it PRN. I can take it daily but I don't want to rely solely on a benzo.

It would be nice to feel a little more even keel, and less anxious.

#27 Halberd of Hope

Halberd of Hope

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP NOS, GAD, migraine, fibromyalgia
  • Current Meds:signature

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

I am taking gabapentin, which is similar to Lyrica. For me it has really made the anxiety manageable; when I'm under some kind of new stress I don't completely freak out anymore. I can deal with it (though I still feel anxious). I take it 3 times a day and rarely need my valium anymore.

I think it'd be worth a shot. It doesn't give you the kind of feeling a benzo does, but for me I just feel a bit calmer and more in control over the anxiety.

As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naive and simple-hearted than we suppose. And we ourselves are, too.
-Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov.

Current Meds: Lyrica 75mg, lithium 600mg daily, Maxalt 10mg PRN, clonazepam 1mg PRN, Reclipsen .15/.03 (OCP)
+ Fish Oil (800mg EPA 400mg DHA),Magnesium Oxide 750mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU

Ex-Meds:
ADs: Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Celexa, amitriptyline, lofepramine (mostly awesome--wish it were in the US), Prozac, Nortryptyline
Benzos: Klonopin, Ativan, Tranxene
AAPs: Abilify
ACs: Lamictal, Neurontin (great for anxiety), Topamax (3 days)
Triptans: Zomig, Imitrex, Treximet
Others: Midrin, Nadolol, Propanolol, Clonidine, Strattera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog