Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Panic Attack With Residual Strange Effects

Anxiety Panic dizziness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dd123

dd123

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Diagnoses:Anxiety & Panic Disorder, OCD, PTSD, MDD
  • Current Meds:Anafranil 100mg,Paxil 10mg, klonopin .5mg as needed

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

I have not posted on here in a while but have reacenly had a severe Panic attack immediately following a Chiropractic neck adjustment. this is what happened:

Neck adjustment
Severe head ached that went away after two minutes but had immediate diziness afterward
Panic Attack with in one hour (lasted 1-2 hours) of adjustment
Residual affects have lasted 3 days include dizziness, out of body feeling,vision issues (distortion) headaches, crying, Nausea with dry heaves, ISB, lack of hunger, peeing alot, generally just don't feel right.

I have not had a Panic attack since last year & most of these symptoms were associated with it. The feeling I hate the most is the out of body feeling/lack of concetration & exteme fatigue. it makes me almost go into a depression. I just feel so weird.

I have had this happen before & lasted for 1- 3 months each time! It scares me to death that this could last that long again. It's like my mind & body get stuck in this position or something.

Has anyone ever had these lasting effects happen to them after a panic episode? it just seems abnormal that especially the dizziness would linger.

Is this normal?
How long will it last?
Will this ever go away?

I did go to the urgent care & they said neurologically i seem fine & the do breathing exercsies, but I am not in full panic mode. I just feel really weird like i'm not me anymore or something.

I got up an went to work this morning. I took an ativan & now I feel stoned on top of the underlying wierdness - what should i do?

Help!
Tried in the past:
Topomax
Verapamil
Prozac
Zoloft
perphenazine
Propranolol
Adderall
Lexapro
Ativan
Chiropractor - will never go again

Currently on:
Anafranil 100mg
Klonopin .5mg per day as needed
Paxil 10mg
B12 - 1000mcg perday
Magnesium 250 per day

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 500, CLZ 1.5-2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.25-.5

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I have not posted on here in a while but have reacenly had a severe Panic attack immediately following a Chiropractic neck adjustment. this is what happened:

Neck adjustment
Severe head ached that went away after two minutes but had immediate diziness afterward
Panic Attack with in one hour (lasted 1-2 hours) of adjustment
Residual affects have lasted 3 days include dizziness, out of body feeling,vision issues (distortion) headaches, crying, Nausea with dry heaves, ISB, lack of hunger, peeing alot, generally just don't feel right.

I have not had a Panic attack since last year & most of these symptoms were associated with it. The feeling I hate the most is the out of body feeling/lack of concetration & exteme fatigue. it makes me almost go into a depression. I just feel so weird.

I have had this happen before & lasted for 1- 3 months each time! It scares me to death that this could last that long again. It's like my mind & body get stuck in this position or something.

Has anyone ever had these lasting effects happen to them after a panic episode? it just seems abnormal that especially the dizziness would linger.

Is this normal?
How long will it last?
Will this ever go away?

I did go to the urgent care & they said neurologically i seem fine & the do breathing exercsies, but I am not in full panic mode. I just feel really weird like i'm not me anymore or something.

I got up an went to work this morning. I took an ativan & now I feel stoned on top of the underlying wierdness - what should i do?

Help!

Have you considered not allowing someone to continually injure you?

Seriously - it sounds as if whomever you are going to for "adjustments" is actually physically hurting you in some manner somewhere along your spinal column.

Given what you have described, it would probably be a very good idea if you went and saw a board certified neurologist to have your neck, brainstem and general neurological health checked out. Urgent care isn't going to know their ass from a hole in the ground in this arena.

Dymphna

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#3 dd123

dd123

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Diagnoses:Anxiety & Panic Disorder, OCD, PTSD, MDD
  • Current Meds:Anafranil 100mg,Paxil 10mg, klonopin .5mg as needed

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

This was the first time I had ever gone & yes, I have made an appointment with a Neurologist to get checked out. I will never go back to the chiropractor again!
Tried in the past:
Topomax
Verapamil
Prozac
Zoloft
perphenazine
Propranolol
Adderall
Lexapro
Ativan
Chiropractor - will never go again

Currently on:
Anafranil 100mg
Klonopin .5mg per day as needed
Paxil 10mg
B12 - 1000mcg perday
Magnesium 250 per day

#4 needanswers

needanswers

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hello, I have been experiencing the same thing lately after an adjustment.. Was wondering what your Doctor said. Did they find out what was going on? Please let me know don't know how to get this treated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog