Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Buspar And Erection Problems/sexual Dysfunction?

buspar erectile dysfunction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 musicguy86

musicguy86

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:paranoid personality disorder/depression
  • Current Meds:buspar

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Over the past three years I have been on numerous drugs. I had decided for a while not to try anything anymore because most antidepressants (ssri's) and anti psychotics create sexual side effects (i.e. can't keep an erection)

Well my doctor suggested Buspar, that it was pretty tolerable and that it would help with my anxiety. he said that it wouldn't cause sexual dysfunction and it might even BOOST my sex drive.

Well, it's day 3 of taking buspar. Getting and maintaining an erection is difficult. Buspar is FOR SURE causing erection problems.

My pharmacist says that there is strong chance that it will go away in a week or two, that my body is adjusting.

Have any of you guys out there ever dealt with this problem with buspar? Did it go away? How long?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 40windmills

40windmills

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizophrenia, Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Latuda 40mg, Buspar 15mg, Klonopin .5mg, Propranolol PRN

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I have had ED problems ever since being diagnosed a couple of years ago and being put on antipsychotics/antidepressants. I just recently switched from Risperidone to Geodon, hoping this type of problem would be resolved, as my PDoc insists that Buspar couldn't be the culprit.

Since the switch to Geodon I basically still have the same problem as before -- I don't know where to place the blame. Theoretically Geodon could be causing some transient prolactin, but more and more I wonder if Buspar is just too good to be true (It's done wonders for my anxiety).

Has your ED improved in the last few months?

#3 basuraeuropea

basuraeuropea

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

same thing happened to me on buspar - which is odd because it's not touted as having many side effects. it also really doesn't do much at all, at least it didn't for me.

#4 Mr. Weatherbee

Mr. Weatherbee

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

there are other meds you can try if you are facing prob with ED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog