Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Has Anyone Tried Generic Geodon Yet?

geodon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sickart

sickart

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:Geodon, Lithium

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

My pharmacist mentioned generic Geodon was now available. Has anyone tried it yet? It's a lot cheaper, but I am concerned it might work differently the brand. I have had a better experience with brand Wellbutrin over generic in the past.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 facelessbelief

facelessbelief

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features with Rapid Cycling.
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin SR 400mg, Zoloft 200mg, Latuda 160mg, and Abilify 20mg

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm about a week into starting Generic Geodon. One thing I have to say, if you don't have insurance. Even the generic is scary expensive. (Was 300+ dollars, so glad I had insurance). Never took the Brand name, so I don't have a way to compare it. Hope it works well enough for you, if you go to the generic.

Also, not sure if it is all pharmacies, but mine had to order it. So I think it may be really really new.
Good news. The only scientific ways I know of to spread my brain cooties are for you to become my child.

This is my fight. The disorder may have won a few battles. But I will and have to win the war. For it is a war against the worst kind of enemy..... Myself.

Previous Meds: Lamictal 200mg, Tegretol 200mg, Paxil, Trazodone 200mg, Wellbutrin, Prozac 20mg, Geodon 120mg.

#3 apetasticaL

apetasticaL

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar NOS
  • Current Meds:abilify, lamictal, topamax

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

i'm getting prescriptions for free through the local CSB, and they give me generic geodon. i started it about a month ago. i have not really noticed a difference between the brand-name and the generic.
smiling despair. no solution, but constantly exercising an authority over myself that i know is useless. the essential thing is not to lose oneself, and not to lose that part of oneself that lies sleeping in the world. -albert camus

axis I dx: bipolar NOS
rx: lamotrigine 200, aripiprazole 15, topiramate 100

past rx: lithium carbonate, divalproex sodium, gabapentin, levetiracetam, paroxetine, fluoxetine, doxepin, trazodone, quetiapine, paliperidone, ziprasidone, risperidone, olanzapine, trifluoperazine, methylphenidate, phenobarbital, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, buspirone, hydroxyzine, zolpidem, ramelteon

#4 cassilynn1728

cassilynn1728

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bi-polar, GAD, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Current Meds:geodon, trileptal, Topamax, Lamictal

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

I was switched by insurance so the my morning dose of 40 was geodon and my night dose of 60 was generic for a short time. I didn't notice a diffence, but of corse geodon at that dose made my a living zombie so it's hard to tell.

#5 diablaroja

diablaroja

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar mixed, GAD, depression, insomnia
  • Current Meds:Geodon, Lamictil, Zoloft, Neorontin, Ambien, and the occasional Xanax

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I haven't noticed a difference; I'm on my second month of the generic. I have gone down on my dose from 80mg to 40mg since January (and going down to 20 this coming week!), so I don't know if any of my changes are related to the generic or are only from the lower dose.

Getting less and less zombie-like now...I might even be able to cry soon.

#6 apetasticaL

apetasticaL

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar NOS
  • Current Meds:abilify, lamictal, topamax

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Getting less and less zombie-like now...I might even be able to cry soon.

i wish geodon kept me from crying. it does barely anything for me mood-wise besides keeping my mania just enough in check that i don't get hallucinations or severe paranoia.
smiling despair. no solution, but constantly exercising an authority over myself that i know is useless. the essential thing is not to lose oneself, and not to lose that part of oneself that lies sleeping in the world. -albert camus

axis I dx: bipolar NOS
rx: lamotrigine 200, aripiprazole 15, topiramate 100

past rx: lithium carbonate, divalproex sodium, gabapentin, levetiracetam, paroxetine, fluoxetine, doxepin, trazodone, quetiapine, paliperidone, ziprasidone, risperidone, olanzapine, trifluoperazine, methylphenidate, phenobarbital, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, buspirone, hydroxyzine, zolpidem, ramelteon

#7 facelessbelief

facelessbelief

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin SR 400mg, Zoloft 200mg, Latuda 160mg, and Abilify 20mg

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

My dosage is going to 120. From 80. Really wondering if it a good controller medication. Time will tell.
Good news. The only scientific ways I know of to spread my brain cooties are for you to become my child.

This is my fight. The disorder may have won a few battles. But I will and have to win the war. For it is a war against the worst kind of enemy..... Myself.

Previous Meds: Lamictal 200mg, Tegretol 200mg, Paxil, Trazodone 200mg, Wellbutrin, Prozac 20mg, Geodon 120mg.

#8 Classically_James

Classically_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • Diagnoses:see signature
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Been on Greenstone ziprasidone 80 mg for a week after about six months off of brand Geodon, and to me it feels identical (although I think it literally is, b/c Greenstone is Pfizer's generic company).

James

Diagnoses:

1. Major Depressive Disorder (MDD - atypical type)

2. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

3. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)(in partial remission)

4. Cotard's Delusion (removed prior to DSM IV in 1994(in partial remission)  

Medications:

1  Cymbalta (duloxetine) 60 mg QAM

2. Abilify (aripiprazole) 10 mg QAM 

3. Wellbutrin SR (bupropion) 150 BID

4. Xanax (alprazolam) 2 mg TID

5. Desyrel  (trazodone) 150 mg QHS 

6. Lunesta (eszopiclone) 3 mg QHS

7. Soma (carisoprodol) 350 mg TID

#9 facelessbelief

facelessbelief

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

That is where my generic was from to was Greenstone.

#10 Classically_James

Classically_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

I ended up not staying on the ziprasidone b/c of sedation. However, now I'm going back on it.....but of course this time I got a different brand than Greenstone (damnit!! ;). Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Apotex brand ziprasidone?

James

Diagnoses:

Medications:

#11 veronicadolittle

veronicadolittle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar rapid cycling, Panic attacks, agoraphobia, C-PTSD
  • Current Meds:2.5 mg prolixin, 20 mg lexapro, 2 mg artane, 3 mg ativan, and a service dog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Mine is from Lupin, so can't help you there. Never been on the brand, so can't compare them, but the generic seems to be working fine for me.
Failed mood stabilizers/anti-psychotics/anti-convulsants: Depakote (twice), Valproic Acid, Lamictal, Abilify, Lithium (twice), Risperdal, Zyprexa, Tegretol, Topomax, Trileptal, Geodon, Saphris

#12 Classically_James

Classically_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thank you for the reply.....I'm not expecting anyone to say any generic version of Geodon is awful or anything. I'm just like a kid at Christmas with a new toy when I get a previously untried generic (I KNOW - isn't that pathetic of me ;)) and I just like to know lots of details. Especially when I've takenFrom what I've experienced, Apotex is a pretty solid generic manufacturer anyway. I do pretty much buy the FDA line that generics are the same (or as good as) brand, with the exception of some drugs with a low margin of tolerance like anticonvulsants, as well as very specific crazymeds such as with the unfortunate case of Teva's Budeprion XL. However, anecdotes can be a valuable tool with which to form a more informed opinion.

In the course of taking many, many psych drugs over the past 15 years, I cannot recall an instance in which I found a generic drug to be ineffective or less tolerable, compared to it's brand-name version, which cannot in retrospect be attributed to placebo effect.

James

Edited by egodystonic_james, 17 August 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Diagnoses:

Medications:

#13 CaughtintheMiddle

CaughtintheMiddle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Paranoid Schizophrenic
  • Current Meds:Geodon, Wellbutrin

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I have tried the generic before and I noticed no difference from the name brand at all.

#14 xTHENKx

xTHENKx

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I Disorder, PTSD, Anxiety, Migraines
  • Current Meds:Ziprasidone, Lamotrigine, Alprazolam, Zolpidem, Propranolol

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

I've been taking generic Geodon for two months now. No issues. It's the same to me!

Current Diagnosis: Bipolar I Disorder, cluster migraines
Past Diagnosis: PTSD, General Anxiety

Current Prescriptions: Lamotrigine (Lamictal) 100mg, Ziprasidone (Geodon) 120mg, Alprazolam (Xanax) .5mg, Propranolol (Inderal) 80mg, Zolpidem (Ambien) 10mg
Past Prescriptions: Citalopram (Celexa), Bupropion (Wellbutrin), Risperidone (Risperdal), Acamprosate (Campral), Venlafaxine (Effexor XR), Aripiprazole (Abilify)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: geodon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog