Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Effexor Xr Change To Effexor 'regular'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eden

Eden

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Diagnoses:Possible Bi-Polar Type II

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Saw P'Doc. 225mg Effexor XL not really doing what it says on the tin. So changed to 'Regular' version at 300mg per day. (to move up to 375mg in two weeks).

My question is, I note the regular version has a lower half life then the XL version. I have been given a treatment plan of 150mg morning and 150mg evening dose.
I felt the tablet getting to work within a hour of taking it (bit more tremor, a little hyped up). Due to its half life, have you guys and gals got any experience on a 'best' time to take the evening dose, ie should i take it 4/5 pm or should I take it before bed so It works whilst im sleeping.

With the XL version I didnt need to be concerned on the second dose as it was one a day.

Just after experiences really so I can gage the best time.

Thanks all.

"Describe the sunlight, so I can feel it's burn"

Tried - Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Escitalopram, Venlafaxine + XL, Mirtazipine, Buspirone, Seroquel (up to 150mg) Duloxetine 60mg p/d ~ All up to maximum dosages. Concerta 36mg, Ritalin 10mg
Currently on- Diazepam 2mg prn, Zopiclone 3.75mg prn, seroquel 400mg p/d

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Mr_West

Mr_West

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100mg, Bupropion 300mg

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Saw P'Doc. 225mg Effexor XL not really doing what it says on the tin. So changed to 'Regular' version at 300mg per day. (to move up to 375mg in two weeks).

My question is, I note the regular version has a lower half life then the XL version. I have been given a treatment plan of 150mg morning and 150mg evening dose.
I felt the tablet getting to work within a hour of taking it (bit more tremor, a little hyped up). Due to its half life, have you guys and gals got any experience on a 'best' time to take the evening dose, ie should i take it 4/5 pm or should I take it before bed so It works whilst im sleeping.

With the XL version I didnt need to be concerned on the second dose as it was one a day.

Just after experiences really so I can gage the best time.

Thanks all.

I'm not a candidte for this class of medication anymore, but Effexor XR to IR was one of the roughest transitions I ever made. I felt it in an hour and then crashed in three on instant release effexor. How short its effect was actually made it feel more like a drug of abuse than an actual medication, kind of like Xanax in reverse.

I can't offer a best time to take other than suggesting maybe after lunch and going without at night. That probably isn't healthy though. Why not just try 300mg of extended release?
________________________________________________________________________________
Not a medical professional. I have been asked whether I am a magician or scientist. Maybe I am neither, maybe I'm both. Take things I've written more than a year or two ago with more than a couple grains of salt, because people learn. I mean who thinks that when the house cat finally catches that bunny rabbit in the yard the bunny is going to kick the cat's ass, but once you see it you have to reconcile it with your existing view of the world.

CYP 2D6 *10, *39

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog