Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

New To Seroquel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst674

Amethyst674

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP II,GAD, Treatment Resistant Depession, Panic Disorder
  • Current Meds:Effexor112.5mg, Valium 5mg bid,Synthroid 137mcg,Tramadol 50mg,Gabapentin 300mg bid, Prosom 2mg

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi All,

For any of you who have read my previous posts, it's been a long bumpy road. After being on AD for over 12 years, I was finally diagnosed as BP 2. I went though symbyax and also abilify (both tried separately, along with lamictal 50mg (still titrating up to 150) at nighttime. The Symbiax was too sedating due to the zyprexa it contains and it made me very groggy the next day and also gave me a very heavy feeling. It was as though someone had shut off a light in my head. The Abilify gave me the opposite effect. Even when I took it in the morning. I could not sleep for more than 3 hours strait and was extremely hyper. I also got a bad swelling of my face, which became very HOT and RED and a mild fever . So even though my PDOC wanted to me to stay on it I was firm and he decided to try the SQ. So far so good. I notice my intrusive thoughts have ceased. it didn't knock me out like the zyprexa (symbyax did) but when I did fall asleep I slept an interrupted full 8hrs! This hasn't happened ever. And that was only on 25mg! I hope this is finally the right cocktail for me. I still am taking 18.5 of Effexor which is a ridiculously small dose, but I haven't been able to get off completely as I find it gets me going during the day. With Seroquel, I feel so far as though I have more patience, am less impulsive, less angry and reactive, These are all good things :mad: I hope it helps to kick my alcohol habit as well. Does anyone know it is better to take the immedtiate release as opposed to the XR? The Dr. Gave me the XR(50mg), yet still told me to cut it in half at 1st few days. I wonder if the immediate release would get me to sleep faster and help me have less tiredness during the day? Just a thought. Once I get though my sample pack I will pose this question to him.

Thanks for listening :)

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Rockie

Rockie

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, panic, agoraphobia, bipolar features, IBS
  • Current Meds:Valium 5 mg QD and 5mg PRN, Calcium and Magnesium Supplements

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

It depends on the type of extended release mechanism of the pill, but it's likely that splitting the 50mg XR's make them IR's. The daytime sedation should lessen or pass within a few weeks once you're at your targeted dosage.

It could also be the Lamictal kicking in, the good sleep, or the combo that's improving your overall condition. Try to monitor yourself as you're titrating up (on both meds), just to make sure you're not feeling *too* good. In any case, glad the cocktail is working for you.

Edited: Because I can't complete my thoughts on the first go.

Edited by Rockie, 27 March 2012 - 11:03 AM.

Previous Meds
AD's: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, Celexa, Cymbalta, Effexor, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Remeron, Emsam, Imipramine, Nortriptyline,Trazodone, Viibryd, Nefazadone
AED's: Topomax, Trileptal, Klonopin, Ativan, Lamictal, Oxazepam, Triazolam
AP/AAP's: Seroquel
Other: Buspar, Ambien, Nadolol, Propranolol, Pramipexole, Hydroxyzine

"The pink ones keep you from screaming".
- Grandpa Simpson

#3 sircuit

sircuit

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 and ADD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 300mg, Seroquel 50mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 200mg

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Just a couiple of observations:
Effexor is the worst shit to get off
Zyprexa is indeed the drug from Hell
Your Lamictal doseage could be low
(I'm at 400mg but I'm probably crazier than you)
Seroquel is the drug from the angles
(these are my subjective rants about these drugs, others might differ, but sucks to be them)
  • Tried; Parnate, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Pristiq, Nardil, Manerix, Tegratol, Lamictal, Seroquel, Lithum, Zyprexa, Tofranil, Cipralex, Serzone, Remeron, Norpramin,Luvox, Pamelor, Topamax, etc., etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?" George Carlin

#4 Amethyst674

Amethyst674

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP II,GAD, Treatment Resistant Depession, Panic Disorder
  • Current Meds:Effexor112.5mg, Valium 5mg bid,Synthroid 137mcg,Tramadol 50mg,Gabapentin 300mg bid, Prosom 2mg

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yes, I am still stuck on 18.5 of effexor it's ridiculous, but I can't seem to skip the dose. It somehow gets me going. My Lamictal is going up tomorrow to 100mg and my Seroquel to 50mg so maybe I can try to start doing the effexor every other day. My Pdoc thinks I am off it but it's so hard. So yeah. I feel good but not "too good" lol. For the 1st time in YEARS I am feeling normal. I can relax and watch a movie. The racing thoughts are gone.

#5 bengaltiger

bengaltiger

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Diagnoses:mdd, gad, ocd
  • Current Meds:Pristiq 100mg lamictal 150mg, klonopin 0.5mg, adderall 60mg, seroquel xr 50mg (sleep) abilify 5mg

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

@Amethyst ... What do you think stifled your racing thoughts.... Seroquel or Lamictal?

@Sircuit ... May I ask what your dose of seroquel is? XR or IR?

The truth has no friend

#6 ci317

ci317

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Diagnoses:Ultradian Rapid Cycling Bipolar, Insomnia, Hypersomnia
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Abilify, Ritalin IR

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

I would keep adjusting the doses very slowly of your seroquel and lamictal to see if you can get your correct amount. Not saying it will work gauranteed, everyone is different and they may not be the drugs for you. Also, you have to cut out the drinking. You may have positive reactions to your medication, but the alcohol could keep you depressed and not let you see that. Plus benzos and alcohol can be VERY bad, ex Whitney Houston, not something to mess with. Last, BP + Effexor could be bad, maybe consider removing that.

#7 sircuit

sircuit

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 and ADD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 300mg, Seroquel 50mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 200mg

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Sorry for the delay:
My rdoc lets me play around with the doseage so the script says from 2-6 (100mg) IR. I take 200 which seems tto work for now.
  • Tried; Parnate, Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Pristiq, Nardil, Manerix, Tegratol, Lamictal, Seroquel, Lithum, Zyprexa, Tofranil, Cipralex, Serzone, Remeron, Norpramin,Luvox, Pamelor, Topamax, etc., etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?" George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog