Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Seroquel & Alcohol - Jerod's Page.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bela Lugosi's Dad

Bela Lugosi's Dad

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Diagnoses:After 8 years; maybe you're not Bipolar after all, I'll have to make a diagnosis.
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Diazepam

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

On the main site I remember that Jerod wrote an as always excellent page about the combination of Seroquel and alcohol, one which showed an example of someone posting on a forum while combining the two.

I have tried all the search terms I can think of & I cannot find it. Does anyone know where it could be?

If this is not the correct place to post this question, then please could you point out where I should ask this & i'll delete the thread, if a mod doesn't beat me to it.

Edited by Bela Lugosi's Dad, 26 March 2012 - 09:23 AM.

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road. Stephen Hawking

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 fairymonkey

fairymonkey

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Diagnoses:PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Migraines, Severe Memory Loss
  • Current Meds:Adderall 10mg,Valium 10mg, Klonopin .5 mg ,Melatonin 1.5, Rozeram 8,Atarax 50, Maxalt, Celebrex

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm trying to find Wellbutrin and alcohol and can't find it. Like I know it is bad but HOW does it affect the person itself.
My actual diagnosis: It's still a debate. Psychologists can't seem to diagnose me. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder w/ Depression and anxiety. co-dependency issues.
Past meds: Effexor, Lexapro, Fluoxetine , Bupropion XL ,Klonopin, Ativan, Nortriptyline ,Remeron
Supplements: Melatonin
Diet: Strictly Vegetarian

“Sometimes fate is like a small sand-storm that keeps changing directions. You change direction, but the sand-storm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before death. Why? Because this storm isn't something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

#3 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Epilepsy NOS, Autism, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 250mg, protriptyline 30mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 45mg EPA 600

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

The forum search tool searches only the forum, which puts the onus on the user to remember where the information is. Plus the damn thing flakes all the time. So I brought back the Google search bar. Which has its own set of problems, such as not crawling the entire site every day, not crawling all posts on the forum no matter what, and including the meds and conditions in your profile in the results. So let's see how it works...
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

Wear my Straitjacket     Batshit Crazy Blog

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#4 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 250mg, protriptyline 30mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 45mg EPA 600

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Seroquel & Alcohol return 490 results, and it will show you the top 100. I don't know if I can control that anywhere, but I doubt anyone is going to slog past the tenth page. The first page has 9 forum posts and the Seroquel side effects page. The side effects page has no information about Seroquel and side effects, just a shitload of ads for alcohol rehab centers. The page that illustrates how Seroquel makes booze more potent shows up on the fourth page of the search. Better search terms would probably bring it up to page one.

Wellbutrin & Alcohol returns 530 results. The first page starts with four topics with nearly identical titles of Wellbutrin and/+ Alcohol. Now you see why I'm so anal about redundant threads. Searching is difficult enough as it is. The Wellbutrin page is returned, of course, but so is the main page, again due to all the alcohol rehab ads. I must be getting those because I live in Montana. Other topics or posts returned either have "Wellbutrin and alcohol" in the post or near each other, or Alcohol in the title and Wellbutrin keeps showing up in posts and med lists. The answer to your question is: The main interaction is Wellbutrin masks how drunk you are, so you tend to drink more. It's not as bad as a stimulant, but it can still make enough of a difference if you're driving, or you have an existing liver problem, or you're on your way to having a liver problem. On the up side, if you smoke it might reduce how much you smoke while you drink, because people generally smoke more when they drink alcohol than when they don't.
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#5 fairymonkey

fairymonkey

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Diagnoses:PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Migraines, Severe Memory Loss
  • Current Meds:Adderall 10mg,Valium 10mg, Klonopin .5 mg ,Melatonin 1.5, Rozeram 8,Atarax 50, Maxalt, Celebrex

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

God Jarod this confuses me greatly lol. Well it worked for me. I mean it display the threads that had the question in it, so it worked. I just ignored the other junk thats in it. Also, this is probably a stupid question but how do these tags work, if search through the own site doesn't work? I know the tags are handy by keeping it within the thread but not so much by searching for a specific thread via search bar.

Edited by Fairymonkey, 26 March 2012 - 12:23 PM.

My actual diagnosis: It's still a debate. Psychologists can't seem to diagnose me. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder w/ Depression and anxiety. co-dependency issues.
Past meds: Effexor, Lexapro, Fluoxetine , Bupropion XL ,Klonopin, Ativan, Nortriptyline ,Remeron
Supplements: Melatonin
Diet: Strictly Vegetarian

“Sometimes fate is like a small sand-storm that keeps changing directions. You change direction, but the sand-storm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before death. Why? Because this storm isn't something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

#6 Bela Lugosi's Dad

Bela Lugosi's Dad

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Diagnoses:After 8 years; maybe you're not Bipolar after all, I'll have to make a diagnosis.
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Diazepam

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Jerod, thanks for this. I appreciate you are very busy and have your Toxoplasmosis ordeal and experiment going on, I didn't expect you to hunt it down yourself.

Now I know with a little effort we can find things with Google Site Search. Another thank you for pointing out how.
I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road. Stephen Hawking

#7 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Also, this is probably a stupid question but how do these tags work, if search through the own site doesn't work? I know the tags are handy by keeping it within the thread but not so much by searching for a specific thread via search bar.

The question is vastly less stupid than how the tags are currently implemented.

The problem I have with them is the tags for both the blogs and the forum show up on both the blog and forum tag clouds. So if you click on a popular tag with no entries in the forum (e.g. Cats, Drivel), it comes back with no results and is confusing. Whereas in the blogs it doesn't matter what you click on, because all the results returned are from the forum and is confusing in a different way. You have to select blogs for the content type after you get any topics from the forum with the tags you wanted, or nothing at all because no topics in the forum have that tag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog