Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

How To Be Creative

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rockie

Rockie

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, panic, agoraphobia, bipolar features, IBS
  • Current Meds:Valium 5 mg QD and 5mg PRN, Calcium and Magnesium Supplements

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

This article caught my attention in light of concerns that stability = loss of creativity. Thoughts?

Creativity is a spark. It can be excruciating when we're rubbing two rocks together and getting nothing. And it can be intensely satisfying when the flame catches and a new idea sweeps around the world.

For the first time in human history, it's becoming possible to see how to throw off more sparks and how to make sure that more of them catch fire. And yet, we must also be honest: The creative process will never be easy, no matter how much we learn about it. Our inventions will always be shadowed by uncertainty, by the serendipity of brain cells making a new connection.

Every creative story is different. And yet every creative story is the same: There was nothing, now there is something. It's almost like magic.

Previous Meds
AD's: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, Celexa, Cymbalta, Effexor, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Remeron, Emsam, Imipramine, Nortriptyline,Trazodone, Viibryd, Nefazadone
AED's: Topomax, Trileptal, Klonopin, Ativan, Lamictal, Oxazepam, Triazolam
AP/AAP's: Seroquel
Other: Buspar, Ambien, Nadolol, Propranolol, Pramipexole, Hydroxyzine

"The pink ones keep you from screaming".
- Grandpa Simpson

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 amyra

amyra

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Abilify 10mg

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sometimes Too Long Didn't Read (TL;DR) happens for people with MI who are so interested in their own problems and how to be someone they used to be, rather than opening up their mind to the rest of the beautiful world. I must say, I didn't read it all, but from the looks of it, that's a very nice article and your quote rings true.

For a moment two days ago, while I was exercising, I realized I knew I had to write something down because people would find it highly helpful if I were to share it. However, I stubbornly put it in the back of my mind for later, and lost it afterwards. Currently, I have no idea even the premise of what I was going to write. If the meds do that, and if they change me from a person who is open to the world to a person who is only interested in herself, perhaps I need to change my thinking.

I believe that perhaps creativity can come to me in a more controlled fashion if I am able to allow myself to forget about being medicated in the first place and that there are foreign contaminants in my brain. I need to convince myself that they are there to carefully equilibriate something which is out of balance. I need to convince myself that they are helping. Only then can I open my mind to the world and be truly creative. This is my goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog