Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Circadian Rhythm, The Underrated Cause

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 racingmind

racingmind

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

How many of you find that, no matter what meds you take, your mood just seems to relapse if your sleep cycle is thrown off? I'm going to see if taking melatonin while I'm supposed to sleep would help artifically "induce" the onset of the sleep cycle for that night so that my rhythm remains relatively normal, and my mood/focus/etc doesn't get so jacked up

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 bipopular

bipopular

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP II
  • Current Meds:lithium, lexapro, ambien, flax oil

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

My mood is definitely effected by lack of sleep. I am prescribed Ambien CR 6.25 nightly because of this. When I recently lost a lot of sleep due to jet lag I got very anxious and blue. I guard my sleep like a pitbull now.

#3 apetasticaL

apetasticaL

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar NOS
  • Current Meds:abilify, lamictal, topamax

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

my moods and psychotic features [mostly visual hallucinations] go haywire when i start to mess up my sleep cycle. 60mg of geodon at night plus my restoril usually helps me sleep at least 6 hours. melatonin would also help me before i was on this current regimen.
smiling despair. no solution, but constantly exercising an authority over myself that i know is useless. the essential thing is not to lose oneself, and not to lose that part of oneself that lies sleeping in the world. -albert camus

axis I dx: bipolar NOS
rx: lamotrigine 200, aripiprazole 15, topiramate 100

past rx: lithium carbonate, divalproex sodium, gabapentin, levetiracetam, paroxetine, fluoxetine, doxepin, trazodone, quetiapine, paliperidone, ziprasidone, risperidone, olanzapine, trifluoperazine, methylphenidate, phenobarbital, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, buspirone, hydroxyzine, zolpidem, ramelteon

#4 VAL

VAL

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

For me, too much sleep =depressed mood. Six hours or less means a better mood even if I were depressed previously...doesn't cure it but makes things easier if I sleep a little less than I need than too much. Four hours or less and don't feel tired and do it for a few days...hypomania and not good. Fortunately, hypomania is a rarity for me.

Current Meds: Lamictal 325mg, Wellbutrin XL 450mg, Neurontin 900mg, Klonopin 1.5mg, Saphris 10mg, Trazodone up to 200mg, Prozosin 2mg, Zyprexa 5mg PRN and Inderal 20mg PRN
Past Meds: Siniquan, Elavil, Imipramine, Zoloft, Seroquel, Abilify, Nardil, Emsam, Rozerem and Ambien
Current Non-psych: Soma 350mg PRN, Norco 10mg/325 PRN, Percocet 10mg/325 PRN, Advair, Nasonex, Ventolin PRN, Allegra, Avalide, Dexilant, Levothroxine, Pravachol

#5 Kodos

Kodos

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Diagnoses:dysthymia, OCD
  • Current Meds:Emsam 12 mg; Provigil 300 mg

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Sure. Mood disorders often screw up your sleep - and vice versa. Insomnia - especially terminal insomnia where you wake up early and can't fall back asleep - is diagnostic for depression.

Depressed people often experience diurnal mood variations as well. I feel better at night.

Sleep deprivation is known for it's antidepressant qualities.

Check out this link on circadian rhythms and moods
http://neuroskeptic....e-to-laugh.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts