Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Ambien And Hallucination

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 laursmd

laursmd

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Diagnoses:docs cant decide between BP II or Persistent Depression w/MDD, also PTSD, possibly OCD
  • Current Meds:Zoloft 50 mg, Remeron 15 mg, Requip 0.5 mg, Klonopin 0.25 mg QAM, 0.5 mg QHS

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Is this normal? I normally go to bed around 11:30 or midnight. Still out of work and doing the partial hospitalization thing until the end of this week. DH wakes up UNGODLY early...around 5 am (I know his isnt necessarily ungodly, but it is to me, Ive always been a night person) and I always wake up with him long enough to feed the dogs and take them out. They'll pee and poo on the carpet if I dont. I will then wake up around 7 and feel awake and alert. But dont ask me to remeber taking the dogs out. I remember bits and pieces but not much. Like this AM I woke up thinking, now why in the hell does me knee hurt so bad........and then I vaguely remeber that my one dog took me down when we were outside (take her out an a leash because she escapes the yard, but pulls LIKE HELL on the leash). I asked my DH later if Molly had really taken me down....he said "Yeah, I heard you fall out there, it was so loud I thought you had broken something.......that and the insanely loud cussing. And a few days ago, I remember thinking that I saw a small monkey sitting on the chair next to the door outside, and when I was bringing the dogs back in, I thought for a good minute that one of my dogs who was standing on the back porch was a baby deer. So...normal? Freakish?
dx: who the f knows? I've been told BP II or Persistent Depressive D/O with MDD.  Everyone agrees on PTSD and possible OCD, RLS, essential hypertension
ncurrent rx: Lamictal starter pack, Zoloft 50 mg, Remeron 15 mg, Klonopin 0.25 mg QAM, 0.5 mg QHS, Requip 0.5 mg Diovan HCT 160/25 mg, Atenolol 50 mg BID, Amlodipine 5 mg, Vit D 2000 IU, Omega 3,6,9, Calcium, Magnesium, prenatal vitamin, and the oddest of odd 12-24 oz coconut water daily the week of the full moon (something about water-lyte balance in the brain
past meds: Prozac, Wellbutrin XL, Effexor XR, Lexapro, Abilify, Paxil CR, Ambien CR, Trileptal, Cymbalta,Amitriptyline

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 400, CLZ 2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.5-1

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

Psychogeezer had a couple of years of hell on ambien due to horrific nightmares. I'd do a search for his posts, if I were you (other people commiserated).

Dymphna

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#3 NicScraps

NicScraps

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar II???
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Prozac, BuSpar, Ambien

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

I think it would make sense for you to try regular Ambien rather than the Ambien CR. The CR version gives you more of the drug later in the night versus the regular version. If you absolutely have to get up 5 hours after taking it, you want to have as little as possible still in your system.

You're really not supposed to be getting up before 7-8 hours have passed since the Ambien was taken. That's per the PI sheet. It's a sleeping med -- weird stuff tends to happen if you try to do waking activities while under the influence of a sleep med. People also report sleep walking, sleep talking, sleep eating, and even sleep driving while on Ambien, but the risk of that is much lower if you just go to bed and stay there after you take it.

I get along quite well with Ambien, but I take it immediately before bed and stay in bed until I've slept 8-9+ hours. I did have one evening where I got back out of the bed to tell my husband something important, and he ended up carrying me back to bed after I sort of slid down the wall in the hallway. I vaguely remember telling him that I thought I might need a bit of help getting back up. LOL

Anyhow, I suggest that you ask the doc about trying 5mg of regular Ambien rather than the 6.25 of the CR. Or 10 mg, but that could mean too much is still around after 5 hours.

ETA: I see you are on 12.5 of the Ambien CR. Did you try 6.25?

Nicole

Edited by NicScraps, 23 January 2008 - 09:20 AM.

Dx: Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, possibly bipolar II ???, plus hypertension
Rx: Lamictal 150 mg, Prozac 20mg, BuSpar 20 mg, Ambien 5 mg, plus Benicar for hypertension

"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." Mignon McLaughlin

#4 laursmd

laursmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Diagnoses:docs cant decide between BP II or Persistent Depression w/MDD, also PTSD, possibly OCD
  • Current Meds:Zoloft 50 mg, Remeron 15 mg, Requip 0.5 mg, Klonopin 0.25 mg QAM, 0.5 mg QHS

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

I tired regular Ambien when I was hospitalized in the psych unit. I took it, fell asleep and then three hours later my eyes flew open like windowshades and I could not get back to sleep. After 2 days of that, doc put me on CR and I started sleeping through the night again. Maybe I should just have DH take the dogs out when he wakes up, since I dont really have to be up at that time, I have to be up 7, 7:30
dx: who the f knows? I've been told BP II or Persistent Depressive D/O with MDD.  Everyone agrees on PTSD and possible OCD, RLS, essential hypertension
ncurrent rx: Lamictal starter pack, Zoloft 50 mg, Remeron 15 mg, Klonopin 0.25 mg QAM, 0.5 mg QHS, Requip 0.5 mg Diovan HCT 160/25 mg, Atenolol 50 mg BID, Amlodipine 5 mg, Vit D 2000 IU, Omega 3,6,9, Calcium, Magnesium, prenatal vitamin, and the oddest of odd 12-24 oz coconut water daily the week of the full moon (something about water-lyte balance in the brain
past meds: Prozac, Wellbutrin XL, Effexor XR, Lexapro, Abilify, Paxil CR, Ambien CR, Trileptal, Cymbalta,Amitriptyline

#5 In_Remission_aftermath

In_Remission_aftermath
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

i hallucinated on ambien all the time but it wasnt ever involving me going outside... normally id just lie in bed and hallucinate, occasionally i got out of bed thinking i was an animal, stalked around the room, and then got back in bed and went to sleep...

#6 avis

avis

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, social anxiety
  • Current Meds:paxil, seroquel, ambien; klonopin

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

10 years on Ambien

Here's the deal. You must take it and go directly to bed - no reading, TV or anything and then you must sleep for 7-8- hours. If you take it and try to stay up all kinds of amazing little things will creep into your vision! If you try to operate while still under it effects you will get more creepies. I am also a night owl but I now have to go to bed at 10pm (bummer) and get up at 7am (and drag around a bit). Then I am off to work. I do sleepwalk sometimes but that is mostly due to stress and I have been doing it all my life.

You really have to be regimented when taking Ambien. (I still miss staying up at night - well I do stay up on Friday and Sat nites and then sleep in the next morning)

Regards, Avis

#7 Artemisia

Artemisia

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression
  • Current Meds:sertraline, cetirizine, zolpidem

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

For what it's worth, I've heard on TV that hallucinations are a common side effect of Ambien, but other commenters have much better stories!

Edited by Artemisia, 11 April 2008 - 01:56 PM.

Current meds: sertraline 100mg, cetirizine 5mg, zolpidem 2.5 mg

#8 jcj

jcj

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Diagnoses:migraine; depression/anxiety
  • Current Meds:Klonopin; Neurontin; Topamax; Effexor

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

My Dad used to hallucinate on Ambien. They would give it to him the first night of any hospital stay, even though we told them not to. After the first night of him being up all night, with no sense of reality, time (he would often go back in time) they always got it straight. Luckily for him, he never remembered anything of it.

#9 quiet storm

quiet storm

• Enabler
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

If you take ambien and stay awake you WILL be fucked up. Dont take until you are ready to go to sleep.

1)take ambien

2)Turn off the light and go to sleep.
Next time you think no one cares, try missing a car payment.

#10 In_Remission_southernbell

In_Remission_southernbell
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

If you take ambien and stay awake you WILL be fucked up. Dont take until you are ready to go to sleep.

1)take ambien

2)Turn off the light and go to sleep.

Hello everyone :)
I'm new to this board & have a question for you all. I've been taking ambien for several months now & I love it! I've only had a couple of episodes of hallucinating & they were mild. I use to struggle to "remember" what all I did before going to bed however @ the time I didn't realize I was out of my head or that anything was wrong. I think that "Take ambien, turn off the light and go to sleep" is the BEST advice especially with all the crazy things I've read about this med & personally seen my parents go thru.
My question is about "dosage" rather than effects of. Let me say that I've had insomnia for apprx. 20 yrs and used OTC meds until last oct. Over the yrs I had to increase my dosage to a riduculous amount that i won't post here. :mad: And that's what it took to get me to sleep but @ such a high dosage I had so much trouble waking up the next morning and would feel very "heavy-limbed" and hung over. It literally took hours for me to wake up.
With Ambien I wake up feeling rested and unmedicated.......so I really like it! :) But here's the problem- about jan. the 1 10mg ambien stopped working for me, I then added a couple of tylenol pm's to that dose but soon ended up taking 2 ambien's each night. This of course runs me short each month since I'm only prescribed 1x daily........
Has anyone else dealt with this? Would a doctor consider giving 2 per night? I'm new to my city & am in with a brand new doctor and since i have several chronic disorders going on I'm scared to discuss this with my doctor in fear that he may "stop" my ambien or something.
Any suggestions????

#11 In_Remission_Kellie

In_Remission_Kellie
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:33 AM

Ambien caused horrible hallucinations for me as well. I swore the plant was dancing and that my ex had 3 heads... I think everyone thought I was crazy until my mom took it one night without telling us and we were all freaked out because we found her in the kitchen eating cookie dough (she is diabetic) straight from the container. After her falling on the floor my sister sat her up and asked what was going on... My mom burst out laughing claiming she had smoked pot. Well, my mom is extremely straight laced and has never even drank. We put her to bed and the next day she came out proclaiming she had the best nights sleep ever.... she didn't remember anything.

Needless to say.... you are not alone. I won't take it anymore.

#12 In_Remission_Lou

In_Remission_Lou
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

Any sedating drug can have the same effect.
Benzos, APs, Trazadone.

jook

Jook is right this effect can happen with other sleep meds besides Ambien. AND it doesn't always happen during the first hours after taking it. They're not whistling Dixie when they warn folks to plan on 8 hours of sleep.

My Mom takes Restoril/Temazapam 30mg. She takes it 30 minutes before she lies down - she rarely stays up past 9:30 10 pm. Not long ago she got up to put the cat out at 6 am and the cat was already outside. She asked my step-dad if he had put the cat out and he said no, "you did it at at 4:30". She thought he was pulling her leg. She had absolutely no recollection of the event.

#13 sg2028

sg2028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Diagnoses:major depression, severe, recurrent

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

I've been taking ambien off and on for years - dependent on which antidepressant I was taking at the time and how much it increased insomnia. Always had some sort of hallucinations, but were never particularly harmful - sometimes I'd wake up and found I wrote things, or rearranged parts of my room; other times I'd have dreams that were so realistic I didn't realize they were dreams - but never anything important, just conversations, or trips to the store, or whatever - until I'd refer to them a few days later, when the other person in my "conversation" would tell me we'd never actually had that conversation.

I'd also answer my phone when it rang and have full conversations - 10, 15 minute conversations - with friends that I had no recollection of the following morning. I got into the habit of checking my outgoing calls when I woke up and asking the person the next morning what we'd talked about!

It was a weird and slightly unsettling side effect, but ultimately a harmless one, and one that I decided was well worth the 6, 7, 8 hours of sleep it bought me.

#14 In_Remission_defoke

In_Remission_defoke
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

one evening on ambien cr i had a dream i was in my cellar
going thru books with spirits
each book would help strengthen you in some way

when i awoke there was a box of books in my kitchen
one was this 1920's chemistry book
naked lunch, and a gods of the greeks book
among others that i have forgotten

when i went into my cellar there was 4 piles of other books
i musta picked for the spirits

never tried a sleep aid again

#15 firewatcher

firewatcher

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, PTSD, OCD (BD?, PMDD?, Borderline?)
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100mg, Seroquel 100mg

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

I've never had hallucinations, but I did have sex while I was under the influence of Ambien once. I had no idea that my girlfriend at the time (now ex) and I had had sex until she mentioned it a few days later. I don't know how it was brought up, but I didn't believe her. I questioned her for a good 5 minutes or so. I would think I would remember that, but apparently not.

Amber

*edited for unnecessary sexual details and humor
*edited again for spelling of unnecessary

Edited by firewatcher, 11 February 2009 - 05:46 PM.

FWIW, other Dx include: GERD (chronic acid reflux), Dysautonomia/POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
other Rx include: Metoprolol (beta blocker for tachycardia), Florinef (steroid for water/salt retention), Aciphex (for chronic acid reflux)

#16 papertrees

papertrees

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective
  • Current Meds:Saphris 10mg, Lamictal 200mg,Topamax 200mg, Valium 10mg

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

hypnagogic hallucinations? but what if you're completely awake when you have hallucinations after taking ambien? I took it last night, then woke up, completely woke up, talking to my friend who was seated beside me, only she wasn't real... it took me 5 minutes of conversing with her to realize that it wasn't real. Then I hears stuff breaking in my room, and obviously there was non. I was completely awake. Is that hypnogogic? But the effects lasted longer.. I can hear voices now still..

Edited by papertrees, 03 March 2009 - 11:26 PM.

The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.
To him
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating. -Pearl S. Buck

Visit my blog: http://paperskyscrapers.wordpress.com

#17 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 400, CLZ 2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.5-1

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

hypnagogic hallucinations? but what if you're completely awake when you have hallucinations after taking ambien? I took it last night, then woke up, completely woke up, talking to my friend who was seated beside me, only she wasn't real... it took me 5 minutes of conversing with her to realize that it wasn't real. Then I hears stuff breaking in my room, and obviously there was non. I was completely awake. Is that hypnogogic? But the effects lasted longer.. I can hear voices now still..

I'm not qualified to say jack, but if I had spent 5 minutes talking to someone who wasn't there, I'd be voting for a psychotic episode.

We all tend to think of psychosis as something that either accompanies mania, or follows it, but the reality (pardon the pun) is that it can manifest whenever it wants to.

I would call my Pdoc.

Dymphna

(Conversely, when I was in hospital being taken off of Topamax, I had a dream SO real that if the video techs hadn't been able to show me that it didn't happen, I wouldn't have believed them - I was convinced I had been awake, but I had, apparently, been fast asleep.)

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#18 papertrees

papertrees

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:12 AM

SO it may be a true psychotic episode? Not hypnagogic? even if i was asleep before it happened?
The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.
To him
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating. -Pearl S. Buck

#19 GoldCoin

GoldCoin

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

...other times I'd have dreams that were so realistic I didn't realize they were dreams ...

I'd also answer my phone when it rang and have full conversations - 10, 15 minute conversations - with friends that I had no recollection of the following morning. I got into the habit of checking my outgoing calls when I woke up and asking the person the next morning what we'd talked about!

I have had this to, and i have driven, and i have talked to people that were not there. Scariest was when my sister asked me who i was talking to and i said it was my brother who passed away many years ago.

I never thought of it as being a physchotic episode, as i would not have put it in that real, as i have never had one. just a hypnagogic episode.

I never thought of myself as being asleep or awake... Maybe this is another for the pdoc.
Past Diagnosis - MDD, Cluster A or B personality traits (doctors can not decide), cyclothymia and Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar 2,GAD, SAD.
Current Diagnosis - schizoaffective disorder

Past Medication- Lexepro, Effexor, Prozac, Diazepam, Mogodon, Temazepam, Sodium Valporate, Endronax, Seroquel, Lamactil, Ativan, Abilify, Zoloft, Thorazine, Halaparadol
Current Medication - Clozapine (400mg), Allegron (100mg), Xanax (prn), Clopixal (40mg)

#20 papertrees

papertrees

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

Well, my pdoc thinks it's a psychotic episode. So now I'm on 6mg invega, 5 mg abilify and titrating up lamictal and titrating down topamax.
To him
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.

#21 coverto

coverto

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

I've long taken Ambien well before bedtime because taking it right at bedtime isn't sufficient. Only time I've had trouble with it is when I get side-tracked from bedtime and start drinking (I'm an alcoholic). Adventures have ensued in those cases... generally they are recounted to me, as I have no idea. I am, by the way, seeking treatment for the alcoholism, lest ye think I'm glorifying it, or advocating it.

#22 In_Remission_mathattack

In_Remission_mathattack
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have a friend who apparently (he didn't remember) got up, went outside, started talking to a tree, and then got into a verbal confrontation with said tree. I'd be afraid of what I'd do on Ambien, as I do weird things in my sleep anyways.

#23 classactrachael

classactrachael

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bi-polar, OCD, Social Phobia
  • Current Meds:Lithium 900, Lamictal 100, Seraquel 50, Ambien CR 12.5, Ativan 1 mg as needed

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

I knew about the don't do anything after you take Ambien rule - I have taken it in the past without many adverse reactions, but now I'm on CR. I thought a little reading in bed would not count. I was reading (having a hard time) when I looked up to see a picture on my bedroom wall was moving. It's a picture of my husband and I that we had taken professionally. We are all dressed up and in the picture he's dipping me, it kind of looks like we were dancing. Well I saw him dipping me over and over the whole time laughing and chatting with each other. The whole thing was in rapid jerky movements kind of like from an old projector. No sound, just the mouthing motion of speaking. I watched it for a minute then called my sister to tell her. She told me I was hallucinating and to get back in bed. I informed her I knew I was hallucinating and I would go right to sleep. Well instead I got up, and went around the house to see if any of the other pictures were doing this because I thought it was really funny. Somewhere in there I realized what I was doing and got right into bed without further incident. No more reading for me. Lay in bed, swallow pill, close eyes from now on.

I have slept well on it these first two nights I've taken it.

#24 In_Remission_Ianpeterson

In_Remission_Ianpeterson
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

I have heard that Hallucination is very common for the people who are on the Ambien medicine. A Visual hallucination can come in a few forms; seeing a mixture of colors with your eyes opened or closed. Because of it you will be seeing people and objects that are not actually there and even you can see moving people and lot of weird things that you wont have ever thought about.

#25 In_Remission_Jhon1965

In_Remission_Jhon1965
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hi I also take Ambien, and I have been taking it since February but thank goodness I have not had the problems that you all are describing. I have always had nighmares or nighthorses as my wonderful father use to say, and I had those long before I started taking I wish you all the best of luck and I hope things get better for you.

#26 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Diagnoses:depresion, anxiety, tourette syndrome, insomnia,add
  • Current Meds:Geodon, celexa, klonopin,amitriptyline, vit d,

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

I have had hallucinations on ambien, The floor tile colors were dancing. One time of extended insomnia, past twenty four hours, I had taken ambien and posted the effects on a forum I belong to. You couldn't make sense of the last post. I startled some people. But during that time, I heard people talking to me and seen a bit of image of them out of the corner of my eye. I felt people push me down into the bed when I would try to sleep, then heard people tell me to get up, so I would get up. It was kind of scary.
I have beaten on my husband in my sleep, talk in my sleep, raise my hand in the air and leave it there. Wake my husband to have conversations that make no sense. Call work the next morning and ask where the staff meeting is, and she told me to stay home, the meeting is the same place every month. Called her a few days ago, after working a second and a third double shift and not being able to sleep. Had taken and ambien after getting home, so I could try to work the second shift that day. She said you all ready called me. I was like what did I say? No memory but bit's and pieces after she said that. Didn't work that day. I have my husband dole them out to me, or I have taken 5 over the course of the night, not remembering. I still have insomnia, it takes more than one, and If I take more than one I can't function the next day. We try to do 1 and a half, now and then. My husband keeps them hid, and I demand one each night. Addictive maybe? Ya think? The memory stuff is bad. And yes the car has been driven after taking ambien and it didn't go well, ran over a stop sign. Take it and stick to playing on the internet like me, no, kidding, take it and go to bed and have watchfull partners

#27 In_Remission_Brina

In_Remission_Brina
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

I have a very close friend who was started on Ambien just this year, and she told me that it pretty much made her schizophrenic. She was having active audio/visual hallucinations and they stopped happening as soon as she was taken off of the Ambien. But I also know people who are taking it without any side effects. So I don't think everyone will have that effect. It could be worth trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts