Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

My Last Generic Adderall Refill Feels Weak!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_jennifereverhouse

In_Remission_jennifereverhouse
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

I just picked up my monthly adderall. This month I got Barr/Teva generic 30mg IR tablets. They seem really weak. I had the Eon brand last month and those seemed to work much better. Has anyone else had issues with the 30mg Barr/Teva 30mg pills or I am just crazy????

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 bengaltiger

bengaltiger

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Diagnoses:mdd, gad, ocd
  • Current Meds:Pristiq 100mg lamictal 150mg, klonopin 0.5mg, adderall 60mg, seroquel xr 50mg (sleep) abilify 5mg

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hai a,

So eon treats you well? 30mg IR? How much do you take total per day?

I've actually had good results with Barr, although finding it has been a nightmare. I get the 20mg IR..... take 60mg total. 10mg spread throughout the day to keep the level constant.

May I ask what pharmacy carries the eon? btw, what do you make of Effexor? Good results?

(love the sig!)

Edited by bengaltiger, 06 January 2012 - 04:26 PM.

The truth has no friend

#3 In_Remission_doakleaf

In_Remission_doakleaf
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

To make adderall work harder and last longer take a tums for each adderall you take. Trust me this is what I do and it works.

#4 Mr_West

Mr_West

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100mg, Bupropion 300mg

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

To make adderall work harder and last longer take a tums for each adderall you take. Trust me this is what I do and it works.

This is true, but it isn't a good habit to get into...
________________________________________________________________________________
Not a medical professional. I have been asked whether I am a magician or scientist. Maybe I am neither, maybe I'm both. Take things I've written more than a year or two ago with more than a couple grains of salt, because people learn. I mean who thinks that when the house cat finally catches that bunny rabbit in the yard the bunny is going to kick the cat's ass, but once you see it you have to reconcile it with your existing view of the world.

CYP 2D6 *10, *39

#5 bengaltiger

bengaltiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Diagnoses:mdd, gad, ocd
  • Current Meds:Pristiq 100mg lamictal 150mg, klonopin 0.5mg, adderall 60mg, seroquel xr 50mg (sleep) abilify 5mg

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lol... true and true.

The truth has no friend

#6 Beana77

Beana77

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, ADD
  • Current Meds:Prozac 20 mg, Wellbutrin SR 100 mg, Abilify 2mg, Remeron 15 mg, Vyvanse 50 mg

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

My Adderall feels weak too! I'm assuming it's because of the shortage and they are rationing the active ingredient. It's messed up if that's what they are doing. I'm going to ask my doc to switch me to Vyvanse 70 mg so I don't have to deal with the shortage drama and inconsistent drug strength (I'm currently taking an Adderall/Vyvanse combo).

#7 Beana77

Beana77

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, ADD
  • Current Meds:Prozac 20 mg, Wellbutrin SR 100 mg, Abilify 2mg, Remeron 15 mg, Vyvanse 50 mg

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

I got the Teva pills - forgot to mention that.

#8 In_Remission_kylixer

In_Remission_kylixer
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

You ain't crazy. I'm looking at how much addy I got left in my bottle, and realizing I've been taking more than I normally would. Two weeks, only 20 pills left.... damn, there are going to be some not-so-fun/productive days in my near future....

I'm prescribed 30 mg IR Generic Adderall, at four per day. My manufacturer of choice has always been Barr/Teva, and there's no doubt my last script (filled 1-25-2012) is weaker. I was just talking to my brother, and he has noticed the exact same thing - much weaker, particularly in regards to effect on mood (he uses it more as off-label for treatment-resistant depression).

I'm just starting to look into this, but if you find any more information on the topic, do share Jenn.

I'm located in VA btw and the pharmacies we both went through were Farm Fresh - same chain, different locations.

#9 notfred

notfred

Emergency Second Opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Diagnoses:see signature
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

My Adderall feels weak too! I'm assuming it's because of the shortage and they are rationing the active ingredient.

That is not the case.

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvanse 70 mg, (Dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal), Ondansetron 16 mg (Zofran)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D-3 2,000 IU, Omega-3-acid ethyl esters 4 g (Lovaza), Fish oil 1-4 g.

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#10 Larkspur

Larkspur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar ii, OCD, GAD, social phobia, attention deficit
  • Current Meds:Latuda, Lexapro, Wellbutrin XL, clonidine, PRN: Xanax, Restoril

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

my theory is that because the new 2012 quota for amphetamine won't be fully processed and on pharmacy shelves until march or april, pharmacies are in the meantime buying it anywhere they can get it, like lesser-known generic manufacturers without big contracts with pharmacy chains. it may have been shelved for longer, preserved differently (i.e. using cheaper-quality inactive ingredients, like the solvents, etc) and lost some perceived efficacy because of those factors.

however, if it's 20mg IR, it contains 20mg of the racemic amphetamine salts. they can't scrimp on the pharmaceutically active chemical or the FDA will have their butts fined faster than you can say jack robinson. no way.

larkspur

Dx: bipolar ii; social anxiety disorder/social phobia, GAD, OCD, insomnia

#11 ScreaminSalmon

ScreaminSalmon

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, ADD, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
  • Current Meds:Adderall, Lamictal, Effexor XR

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

i get the 10mg generic adderall IR, 5x a day, i get the barr brand, and i also feel like they are weaker. i was prescribed the 20mg IR's and those did absolutely nothing for me, also the barr brand

#12 erebus

erebus

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADD/Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Adderall. Prozac

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

The Barr/Teva brand generic Adderall actually made me feel worse. I felt confused and irritable while I was on them. When i get prescription refills, i have to specifically ask them to refill it with anything but Barr/Teva.

I was under the assumption that the quality of the materials they use to manufacture the Barr/Teva generic brand are of less quality. Sandoz and Global work better for me.

#13 Blue Heron

Blue Heron

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts
  • Diagnoses:epilepsy, bipolar 2, GAD, asthma/allergies, Raynaud's (primary), sensitive to medication
  • Current Meds:lamotrigine, paroxetine, asthma/allergy meds, med for Raynaud's

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

The Barr/Teva brand generic Adderall actually made me feel worse. I felt confused and irritable while I was on them. When i get prescription refills, i have to specifically ask them to refill it with anything but Barr/Teva.

I was under the assumption that the quality of the materials they use to manufacture the Barr/Teva generic brand are of less quality. Sandoz and Global work better for me.

Some Teva generics are better than the other options for other drugs, so this isn't across-the-board, though it may be true for this med. The particular fillers (inactive ingedients) used can make a big difference in some cases.

#14 ScreaminSalmon

ScreaminSalmon

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, ADD, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
  • Current Meds:Adderall, Lamictal, Effexor XR

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

with the shortage of adderall, my local pharms only have barr/teva. only a few times ive gotten different brands, never checked the manufacturer, but overall got a better effect out of them. kinda makes me want to write barr/teva a letter lol

#15 gangam932

gangam932

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADHD
  • Current Meds:Adderal 10mg

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I know this thread is kind of old. But the same thing has just happened to me. I take 10mg Aderrall per day. Most days only 5mg is enough. I had been off for about 2 weeks, because of you know the ADHD and I'm not great scheduling, organizing, making phone calls, picking up scripts, bringing them to the pharmacy, and then picking up the medication at the pharmacy. Well anyways, after 2 weeks I figured my tolerance would be lowered however I had the opposite. It seems like this batch is basically weak/not working, I've tried it with Tums/Antacid as well. I feel none of the benefits I previously felt. I've been prescribed adderrall, the same dose, for about 3 years now. I'm hoping this is only a fluke.

Edited by gangam932, 19 September 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#16 notfred

notfred

Emergency Second Opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Diagnoses:see signature
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

My Adderall feels weak too! I'm assuming it's because of the shortage and they are rationing the active ingredient

That is not happening and illegal. You can't sell a pharmaceutical and advertise it is 30 mgs of active ingredient unless it does contain 30 mgs. And then there are bioavailability issues that need to match the original brand within some tolerance.

Anyway, the outage is over, at least for me, and has been for months.

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvanse 70 mg, (Dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal), Ondansetron 16 mg (Zofran)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D-3 2,000 IU, Omega-3-acid ethyl esters 4 g (Lovaza), Fish oil 1-4 g.

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#17 iiaii

iiaii

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Diagnoses:2003:Drug Induced Psychosis Current: BPII, ADHD Other: Ulcerative Colitis
  • Current Meds:30mg prozac, 200mg lamictal, 5mg Abilify, 30mg Adderall 2x/day, 2.4g Lialda (colitis)

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I was taking 20mg IR 3X day and got switched to 30mg 2x/day. Before doing so I did 1.5 pills of the 20s for a couple of days. The 20mg were sandoz.
That very first day of taking the 30s there was a difference. I then looked at the bottles. The 30s were Teva and the 20s Sandoz. I called my pharmacy and they said next time I can request Sandoz. It's been three weeks and I still feel they aren't as therapeutic as I need. I'll be putting that request in for Sandoz on my next fill to see.
it is as it is
Or at least I like to think so

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden." RWE

#18 chipmunk

chipmunk

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, ADHD, Ehlers-Danlos, WED/RLS

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Taking an antacid will cause the adderall to be absorbed more quickly, but it won't last longer. It still has the same amount of med in the pill, you're just changing the delivery timing.

It's not like other drugs which genuinely potentiate the effects of adderall.

Edited to Add: and back on topic, pink (Teva?) generics suck big time. My doctor writes my RX for "brand-name-only", thankfully, and I switched to XR for the most part, which is 1000x better than the pink ones.

Edited by chipmunk, 11 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#19 diyentomologist

diyentomologist

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar
  • Current Meds:risperdal, zoloft, adderall

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I have also found this to be true. The pink ones are much weaker then the generic orange pills. Sorry I don't have a clue on the manufacturers involved just know them by sight. The best generic adderall I have found to be are the flat orange pills. I take them in 20mgs once a day or split the pill for half in the morning and half around noontime. The generic XR pills are also weaker and seem to poop out alot faster then the name brand ones.

#20 MarvinGardens

MarvinGardens

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Narcolepsy, potential dysthymia
  • Current Meds:Xanax,Celexa, Provigil, Adderall

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I take the 20 mg IR. Every fill I've gotten except the last was Teva. The last fill was Sandoz - my regular pharmacy was out (this was near the end of December) .. and I had a REAL hard time finding someone with 20mg IR). Personally, I prefer the Teva although it's not a strong preference. Wonder if we all interact with the inactive ingredients a little differently?
Fiction Over Fact Always Gets My Vote
Wrinkles Only Go Where the Smiles Have Been

#21 bounce

bounce

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADHD
  • Current Meds:Adderall 30mg x 3 day

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

WOW!  I have been feeling that my meds haven't been working on me for the past 2 months , so today I started searching online and found this thread.

Here's a quick summary of me.  

In May 2010,  I was diagnosed with ADHD and at the time was prescribed to Vyvanse 50mg.   It was working great.. fully focused and motivated  me to start my business.

By October 2010, was prescribed to Vyvanse 70mg.   Worked great until this past summer 2012.    I was up and down on certain days.  Some days I felt like it wasn't working, then on other days I was fine.

In November 2012, I told the doctor that I wanted to change my medication.  He started me off with Adderall 20mg @ 3 times a day (not sure of the manufacturer, orange pill).   Wasn't really feeling that it was working for me.

In December 2012, I told the doctor that and he prescribed Adderall 30mg @ 3 times a day (orange pill).   Well here I am 2 months later, feeling the same way I did before Vyvanse in May 2010.   

Here I am doing research online on Adderall and wondering if I have built up a high tolerance so it doesn't affect me or am I abnormal?!?     I'm somewhat relieved that others are experiencing these issues as well.  I will be paying close attention to this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog