Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Photo

Viibryd: Evening Or Morning Dose? Activating Or Sedating?

viibryd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ugh

ugh

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, GAD, hx of TBI, Narcolepsy and other non mental health related junk

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

I'm wondering if I should take my first pill of Viibryd in the morning or evening. I wouldn't want to be awake all night and have to go to work the next day all groggy... but i also don't want to take it in the morning and not be able to stay awake all day.

current meds: Geodon 40mgs, Cogentin 1.5-2mgs, Klonopin 0.5mg x3 daily PRN, Neurontin 300mg x3 daily, Metformin ER 500mg x4 daily, Nexium 40mg x2 daily, Synthroid 25mcg daily, Zyrtec, pain meds, iron, vitamin D and soon- Xyrem.

#2 Depressive

Depressive

DIY Trepanist

• Enabler
  • 16 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD recurrent, ADD, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Viibryd 40mg, Abilify 7.5mg, Adderall XR 40mg

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

I take 40 mg in the morning. Be sure to take it with food. It's not
Sedating for me and I'm pretty sensitive to that....
Past meds: SSRI's Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, SNRI's Effexor, Cymbalta Other: Ritalin, lithium, elavil, remeron, buspar Xanax, temazapam, geodon, Wellbutrin, neurontin, lorezapam, other TCA's

#3 In_Remission_zeleznik136

In_Remission_zeleznik136
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Your reaction to it may change over time too. I've been on Viibryd for a few months now and the initial weeks I was wired constantly. I couldn't sleep worth a damn even if I took it right when I woke up. After about 2 months it seems that have the opposite effect and I feel a strong sensation of profound sleepiness that hits me about 3 hours after I take it. Hope this helps.

#4 ugh

ugh

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, GAD, hx of TBI, Narcolepsy and other non mental health related junk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Well I took the Viibryd at night 2 days ago, and I got the vivid dreams I've been reading about. So the next day, I took it in the morning. I didn't feel sedated or anything. I have been nauseous, and hopefully that subsides soon.

The weird thing... I've been feeling good ever since I started this... I had a good day... I am excited for no particular reason... in the past, this has happened and eventually I got so much anxiety that I had to stop taking the antidepressant. I don't really feel anxious. If things could stay just like this then I think I will have a good life. I'm skeptical though, I know there's a chance I'll crash from this goodness. Pray!!

current meds: Geodon 40mgs, Cogentin 1.5-2mgs, Klonopin 0.5mg x3 daily PRN, Neurontin 300mg x3 daily, Metformin ER 500mg x4 daily, Nexium 40mg x2 daily, Synthroid 25mcg daily, Zyrtec, pain meds, iron, vitamin D and soon- Xyrem.

#5 spellbinder

spellbinder

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Diagnoses:Double depression, ADD and Avoidant PD
  • Current Meds:Clonazepam .5mg, Cymbalta 30mg, Adderall 40mg, Wellbutrin XL 150mg and Rozerm 8mg...

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Oddly, I am on 40mg daily. I take it in the morning, and I feel almost nothing either way. To me it is neither sedating or energizing. The only reason I know it is working is because I sleep better at night, my sleep cycle is a bit more regular and I am not having as many down "thoughts" about my self or the world around me. It is by far the best SSRI (like drug, with buspar) drug I have ever taken. I never had any luck with Zoloft, Paxil or the few others I tried. I am not a real big fan of SNRIs either. Obviously, this is just my atypical experience. Whatever works is whatever works.

#6 Amethyst674

Amethyst674

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP II,GAD, Treatment Resistant Depression, Panic Disorder
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin 75,Effexor XR 75 tapering up,Latuda 40mg,Adderal 40mg,Xanax 0.5mg

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

Are you on viibryd and wellbutrin together? I was on this combo and feeling good.  But the viibryd makes me ravenous at 20mg.  And the wellbutrin gives me awful insomnia.  :(

Other Meds I take: Gabapentin 300-600 PRN, Tramadol 50mg PRN, Zyprexa 2.5 PRN(stopped for now due to weight gain), Levothyroxine 0.137mg, Doxilamine 50mg alternating, Diphenhydramine 50mg alternating,Ambien (emergency only since it puts me in a horrible mood the next day)

Past meds that didn't work or pooped out SSRI/SNRI:  Luvox,Paxil,Prozac (worsening of depression),Cymbalta(sedation, didn't work),Lexapro-(took for 2-4 years: then pooped out),Pristiq,Remeron(mania,hunger)Fetzima(anger,irritable,panic attacks,hypomania)Symbiax.Viibryd (horrible weight gain, stomach looked 6 mos pregnant due to severe bloating, but good for anxiety, ok for depression)Brintellix(hypomania, anger, irritability,agitation)Zoloft (anxiety)

AAP's that failed: Abilify,Seroquel,Perphenazine,Saphris (worked at first. took for 2 and a half years but caused depression)Risperdal(horrible experience)
All time favorites worked best: Effexor XR(pooped out after like 10 years) Trying again after being off for 5 months.

Zyprexa(still my go to prn) but makes me gain weight :(
Mood stabilizers: Lamictal(allergic developed Steven Johnson) Trileptal(manic and bad rash), Depakote(short trial)Topomax(anxiety and panic)
other:  Atarax, Buspar, Trazodone(didn't sleep),Klonopin(didnt work even at 2mg),Ativan,Lunesta,Restoril (didn't work),estazolam(didn't work),valium,melatonin,Flurazepam(daytime tiredness)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viibryd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud