Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Viibryd: Evening Or Morning Dose? Activating Or Sedating?

viibryd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ugh

ugh

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, GAD, hx of TBI

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

I'm wondering if I should take my first pill of Viibryd in the morning or evening. I wouldn't want to be awake all night and have to go to work the next day all groggy... but i also don't want to take it in the morning and not be able to stay awake all day.

current meds:  Abilify 4mg, Cogentin 1.5mg daily, Xanax 0.25-0.5 prn, Lyrica 100mg, Opana ER 7.5mg bid, Metformin ER 1000mg bid, Nexium 40mg bid, adderal IR 5mg 2 daily, Topamax 25mg

the abilify and topamax are the new meds.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Depressive

Depressive

DIY Trepanist

• Enabler
  • 12 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD recurrent, ADD, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Viibryd 40mg, Abilify 4mg, Adderall XR 40mg

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

I take 40 mg in the morning. Be sure to take it with food. It's not
Sedating for me and I'm pretty sensitive to that....
Past meds: SSRI's Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, SNRI's Effexor, Cymbalta Other: Ritalin, lithium, elavil, remeron, buspar Xanax, temazapam, geodon, Wellbutrin, neurontin, lorezapam, other TCA's

#3 In_Remission_zeleznik136

In_Remission_zeleznik136
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Your reaction to it may change over time too. I've been on Viibryd for a few months now and the initial weeks I was wired constantly. I couldn't sleep worth a damn even if I took it right when I woke up. After about 2 months it seems that have the opposite effect and I feel a strong sensation of profound sleepiness that hits me about 3 hours after I take it. Hope this helps.

#4 ugh

ugh

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, GAD, hx of TBI

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Well I took the Viibryd at night 2 days ago, and I got the vivid dreams I've been reading about. So the next day, I took it in the morning. I didn't feel sedated or anything. I have been nauseous, and hopefully that subsides soon.

The weird thing... I've been feeling good ever since I started this... I had a good day... I am excited for no particular reason... in the past, this has happened and eventually I got so much anxiety that I had to stop taking the antidepressant. I don't really feel anxious. If things could stay just like this then I think I will have a good life. I'm skeptical though, I know there's a chance I'll crash from this goodness. Pray!!

current meds:  Abilify 4mg, Cogentin 1.5mg daily, Xanax 0.25-0.5 prn, Lyrica 100mg, Opana ER 7.5mg bid, Metformin ER 1000mg bid, Nexium 40mg bid, adderal IR 5mg 2 daily, Topamax 25mg

the abilify and topamax are the new meds.

#5 spellbinder

spellbinder

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Diagnoses:Double depression, ADD and Avoidant PD
  • Current Meds:Clonazepam .5mg, Cymbalta 30mg, Adderall 40mg, Wellbutrin XL 150mg and Rozerm 8mg...

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Oddly, I am on 40mg daily. I take it in the morning, and I feel almost nothing either way. To me it is neither sedating or energizing. The only reason I know it is working is because I sleep better at night, my sleep cycle is a bit more regular and I am not having as many down "thoughts" about my self or the world around me. It is by far the best SSRI (like drug, with buspar) drug I have ever taken. I never had any luck with Zoloft, Paxil or the few others I tried. I am not a real big fan of SNRIs either. Obviously, this is just my atypical experience. Whatever works is whatever works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog