Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Good Experience With Viibryd

viibryd

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ugh

ugh

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, GAD, hx of TBI

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

I've been searching the forum and I see plenty of questions and negativity about Viibryd.

But has it helped anyone, in any way?

Since I have never been able to tolerate an AD, I figure this might work. Just like Geodon is the only med that helps me... weird brain, i have.

current meds:  Abilify 4mg, Cogentin 1.5mg daily, Xanax 0.25-0.5 prn, Lyrica 100mg, Opana ER 7.5mg bid, Metformin ER 1000mg bid, Nexium 40mg bid, adderal IR 5mg 2 daily, Topamax 25mg

the abilify and topamax are the new meds.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Depressive

Depressive

DIY Trepanist

• Enabler
  • 12 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD recurrent, ADD, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Viibryd 40mg, Abilify 4mg, Adderall XR 40mg

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've been taking Viibryd since June. It helped lift me out of a deep depression without too many side effects. The AD effects came on slowly.

Personally, I think that SNRI's are more effective for my depression but my pdoc disagrees and waned to try something different.

The honeymoon period has passed and I would drop the Viibryd if I could find a better alternative.

Good luck to you.
Past meds: SSRI's Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, SNRI's Effexor, Cymbalta Other: Ritalin, lithium, elavil, remeron, buspar Xanax, temazapam, geodon, Wellbutrin, neurontin, lorezapam, other TCA's

#3 spellbinder

spellbinder

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Diagnoses:Double depression, ADD and Avoidant PD
  • Current Meds:Clonazepam .5mg, Cymbalta 30mg, Adderall 40mg, Wellbutrin XL 150mg and Rozerm 8mg...

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've been searching the forum and I see plenty of questions and negativity about Viibryd.

What are the negatives that you are hearing about? I am just curious. I have been on the drug since last July and it seems to have for the most part at least helped a bit.

#4 schulajess

schulajess

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression, anxiety
  • Current Meds:viibryd

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I've been on Viibrd since early December. Started with 10mg and worked up to 40mg. The digestional effects were the worst in the beginning and each time the dose was increased.
I do feel like it (along with Cognitive Behavior Therapy) has really helped my depression.
Side note, I believe this has actually increased my libido (probably also because of the reduced depression), but has made it more difficult to orgasm.
Good luck to you all.

#5 nerd

nerd

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:severe depression, recurrent; chronic pain; anxiety disorder; other physical problems
  • Current Meds:Prozac, Levothroid, Lortab, Flexeril, Lomotil, Klonopin, Fenofibrate

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I would encourage you to keep researching Viibryd on the internet... i came across LOTS of positive reviews, one person said that he could feel a difference after only one pill! Of course, it is a new drug, and therefore there is some risk involved, as we don't know the long term effects yet, but as soon as i see my dr. next week, i'm going to try it. I was feeling hopeless cuz i've been depressed all my life and i tried every AD and the only one that ever worked was prozac. Now the prozac is no longer working, and i basically see the viibryd as my only hope. The main side effect people complain of is some diarrhea, but i already have dumping syndrome (chronic diarrhea) anyway and take medication for that, so i don't care. I am just really mad at my psychiatrist because he knew i was on the prozac for over 10 yrs, and no one ever told me that it could become ineffective after awhile. I had to find out through my own research. I've been complaining for months about the bad depression, and he just kept telling me to focus on my counseling! Goodbye to that doctor! You have to be persistent, do your own research and take charge of your own healthcare. Good luck!

#6 poopout

poopout

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression
  • Current Meds:lexapro, lamictal

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I am thinking of trying viibryd. I have pooped out on every ssri and ssnri's. To NERD: a lot of drs. still don't believe in poop out. I too am wondering since ssri's were never that great for me if viibryd could be right for me. I tryed that supplement that supposed to increase serotonine in your body 5 htp -- but it didn't seem to do anything (Jerod writes about poop out on the site.) does anyone know if there is a greater risk of seizures with Viibryd than SSRIs

Edited by poopout, 03 May 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#7 fairymonkey

fairymonkey

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Diagnoses:PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Migraines, Severe Memory Loss
  • Current Meds:Adderall 10mg,Valium 10mg, Klonopin .5 mg ,Melatonin 1.5, Rozeram 8,Atarax 50, Maxalt, Celebrex

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

The main side effect people complain of is some diarrhea, but i already have dumping syndrome (chronic diarrhea) anyway and take medication for that, so i don't care.

May I ask what kind medication you are on for chronic diarrhea aka IBS? My doctor prescribed me omeprazole for GI issues but I really am curious about an alternative drug for IBS.
My actual diagnosis: It's still a debate. Psychologists can't seem to diagnose me. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder w/ Depression and anxiety. co-dependency issues.
Past meds: Effexor, Lexapro, Fluoxetine , Bupropion XL ,Klonopin, Ativan, Nortriptyline ,Remeron
Supplements: Melatonin
Diet: Strictly Vegetarian

“Sometimes fate is like a small sand-storm that keeps changing directions. You change direction, but the sand-storm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before death. Why? Because this storm isn't something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

#8 trazz

trazz

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Current Meds:In Sig

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I started viibryd + saphris + ativan mellarill. The first day taking viibryd i had extreme anxiety however it could be from stopping klonpin so fast idont know however, with the aniexty attacks i felt some releif of my depression I had anxiety didnt mind to much of it because is had a burst of energy i hadnt had in years and was not a placebo. Day 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 were the same, high anxiety huge amounts of energy that made me go out and do normal stuff with my wife. After day 6 i was having terrible gi amd anxiety still remained. Day 7 from 10 mg to 20 mg things went down hill. I went to walmart to experiance the worst of the wors experiance, phantom smells. I litratly smelled everthing in walmart as a amonia smell, smelled people perfumes that passed me, i was parnoid at this point and told my wife , LETS GO. I had to take an ativan to cool things down. quitall my meds cold turkey, dumb shit to do but i was housbaound paranoid with phantom smells that would come and go and still have it but has subsided a bit. Just because this has happened to me it might not happen to you but i do feel that viibryd is a bad at least for me but everybody id diffrent. I do miss the extreme energy boost, but stuck with phantom smell that still haunts me. Also had acouple days of suicidal ideations . this med wasnt for me but can work for others.

Edited by trazz, 01 July 2012 - 07:19 PM.

RX: Curent Meds -Klonopin 3mg - Celexa 20mg -  Haloperidol 10-30mg
PAST: RX- AD AND AP- Prozac-Buspar-Lithium-Rozerem-Paxil-resoril-thorazine-mellaril-saphris-depakote-seraquel-lexapro-Wellbutrin xl-Ativan-xanax-Viibryd-straterra-topamax-geoden- Ritalin -Dexadrine - Vyvanse - Adderal-Lunesta-Abilify -Remeron

Left to try- Lamictal - cymbalta -Zoloft -Pristiq -Elavil -lunesta -Tegretol - nuvagil - provagil -Concerta - all MAOi's .

Boy would i love to wake up feeling good one day, I forgot how that is.

#9 itsfae

itsfae

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder
  • Current Meds:Xanax, Viibryd

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I began taking Viibryd about two weeks ago.  This medication has probably saved my life, and I say that with the most sincerity I can muster.

Here's my history: When I was 13, I was prescribed Elavil and it made me literally insane.  I have no idea what happened in my life while I was on that drug (which was prescribed to me by a pediatric neurologist who told me I could take it like skittles... I didn't take it like skittles, though.  Followed the dosage instructions to a T.)  except flashes of anger, throwing glass things at walls, slamming my head repeatedly into the brick siding of my home, along with other self-destructive behavior.  One night, my mother asked me if I'd taken my pill yet.  I opened the pill bottle of Elavil.  Had it in one hand, an open Pepsi in the other, and I literally chugged the entire bottle of newly-refilled Elavil without even thinking.  I wasn't suicidal.  I didn't want to die.  I did this without even realizing I had.  It was not until I'd made it all the way through my house to my bedroom that I realized what i'd done, and I was completely apathetic regarding the possible consequences.  I did not tell anyone what I'd done, and I do not remember ever making it into my bed.  I woke out of a coma 3 days later in a hospital 3 hours from home.

After that, the hospital personnel sent me to a mental institution for "suicide watch" (Mind you, I was in no way, shape, or form suicidal.) where I was prescribed Effexor XR and forced to take this pill daily against my will.  It only sent me into a more crazed state than the Elavil.  Once I was released, I stopped using the antidepressants completely.  I was tired of living in a personal Hell on earth, and unless you've been through it yourself, you cannot begin to imagine nor would you want to imagine what I went through on a daily basis.

When I turned 16, my family doctor pressured my mother into putting me back on Elavil with the logic that I was older and it would not affect me as it had before.  Within the first week of taking it (My mother refused to tell me what she was giving me.  She just put the pill in my hand and forced me to take it nightly.), I could tell that something was not right.  The self-destructive, angry, hellish feelings were returning.  I accused her, and she admitted finally that she had in fact been giving me Elavil.  I refused to take any more of it after that.

At 19, I went to a boarding-school type trade school where I was prescribe Tryazodone to help me sleep.  I knew nothing about this drug.  Once again, within a week, those horrid feelings were creeping back up on me.  I made it a point to march myself right down to the nurse's station and demand to know what I was taking.  She admitted it was a low-dose antidepressant that was commonly used for patients with insomnia.  I refused to take any more of it, frightened to ever reach the point I did years ago.

I am 23 now.  I have two children.  My relationship with their father was about as unhealthy as it gets.  He was, and still is, a crack addict.  He made my life hell.  Living with him made me suicidal.  Seeing our possessions disappear from our home for his crack sent me spiraling down.  Knowing he was breaking into homes and stealing valuables from his family and others made me angry, depressed, insanely anxious.  I never knew if or when he would come home.  I never knew if "today would be the day" I got the call that he was dead, or that he'd killed someone.  My first pregnancy was hell because of him, but I did not seek help.  My second pregnancy--he had been sober for 7 months and relapsed once again when I was 7 months pregnant.  I finally spoke to my doctor.  I finally asked for help, because I simply couldn't handle anymore.  I was prescribed Celexa (sp?) and Xanax.  The Celexa did nothing for me.  It didn't hurt me, but it didn't help me, either.  I was plagued with thoughts of death, suicide, and self-mutilation from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep.  Every single day.  And I knew that if something didn't change soon, I would not live to see any more birthdays.  Anymore sunrises or sunsets.  Anything.

That's when my doctor prescribed me Viibryd.  It is the best possible thing he could have done for me.  I still take xanax when necessary, but much less now than before Viibryd.  I have had no more thoughts of death, suicide, or self-mutilation.  I have had not a single bad side effect, besides feeling the need to sleep all day, every day, and that is something I can learn to cope with.  I can learn to wake up.  I can learn to live my life normally.  I have had no digestive side effects.  No nausea.  No diarrhea.  No body aches.  No manic episodes.  No sadness--at least nothing I am unable to deal with rationally.  For the first time in years, I am smiling again.  I am happy to wake up and see the sun every morning.  I am happy to go to work.  I am finding joy in things I used to find joy in.  For once, I feel free.  I feel motivated.  I no longer feel like a hollow shell just looking out at the world wondering what the point in living is.  I feel alive.  And I am glad to be here.  No other medication has helped me.  I have had horrible psychotic reactions to most anti-depressants.  And I am so thankful for Viibryd.  I am so thankful to feel that I want to, and will live to see my next birthday, my children's birthdays.  Playing in the snow.  Nature trails.  Laughing, living, and loving.  Two weeks may seem too early to tell if it will continue to work for me, but so far it has more than anything ever did, and now i feel I have a fighting chance in my own life.  Antidepressants all affect people differently.  What works for some may not work for others, but Viibryd works for me.  It really, really does work.

#10 slolita

slolita

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, OCPD, GAD, MDD, dermatillomania
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin SR, Prozac, Adderall IR, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I've been on Viibryd for a little over two months, at a conservative dose of 20mg. Prior to that I had been on Prozac for a while, which seemed to help a little at the time. However, like every other SSRI I've been on, it stopped working. My pdoc kept increasing the dose, reaching 80mg. This didn't help. I stopped getting out of bed, going to class, sleeping all day, etc. I am super sensitive to all medication side effects, it seems. I can't tolerate SNRI's, tricyclics, and a few SSRI's. At this point my pdoc decided this would be a good switch, because it has less side effects (comparitavely) than some of the other remaining options.

I definitely have a lot more energy on viibryd, especially in the first month. I felt like a new person. I felt emotions, could get out of bed, and all the things normal people can do. Lately, I've been experiencing these crashes, at least once a week, where I  break down and cry for no reason. I've been pretty moody and unstable and my anxiety is pretty high. I am seeing my pdoc about this tomorrow...The only side effects I've experienced on this are night terrors, and diarrhea.

Everyone is different. I think for me, the positives outweigh the negatives. I think it's worth a shot.

Current Meds: Prozac, Wellbutrin SR, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Adderall IR.

Experience with: Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Paxil, Paxil CR, Anafranil, Propranolol, Adderall XR, biofeedback therapy.

#11 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar I

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Luvox lifted me out of emotional depression, but didn't help with energy, motivation, all those good things, so my pdoc suggested Viibryd (Unless he suggested Viibryd because he has a closetful of free samples which he plies me with). I titrated up very slowlly (2 wks on 10, then 20, 30, and 40). Avoided the GI problems.  Once I hit full strength I could get out of bed happy and do things again. It's been 3 months now. I wouldn't call myself joyous, but I also haven't run into any downside. Viibryd pushed me into doing the healthy things I should have been doing all along, but really couldn't,

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Lamictal 200mg;  Wellbutrin 150 mg;

For sleep (rotating):   trazodone 50-100mg;  Lunesta 3mg;  Seroquel 50mg  

Prn: Xanax up to 3mg;

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel,  Abilify,  Ambien, Viibryd, Chantix, Luvox

#12 Blinkered

Blinkered

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression
  • Current Meds:Viibryd, Ativan,

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

I've been severely depressed for over a year. I have tried Paxil, lexapro, cymbalta, Zoloft, and Wellbutrin. Nothing has helped my depression and the Wellbutrin made me weepy and suicidal. Four weeks ago I started Viibryd. I started with ten for 2 weeks, then 15 for a week, and am now on 20. I feel GREAT. Like a human being again. Doc says stay at 20 for now.

I started feeling better on day 5.

Side effects are minimal for me - some gut pain in the evening, constipation, a bit of jitters for an hour or so halfway through the morning. And I am energetic in the evening, but I'm a night owl anyhow. I take an Ativan to sleep. No sexual side effect ( female).

I do feel more forgetful, like I walk into a room and forget why I came there, but I figure it out. I have been so miserable for so long that a bit of forgetfulness is ok. I actually woke up happy today. If you have intractable depression, you know what a big deal that is.

My doc gave me two starter packs so I could cut pills and increase slowly. I think this made a huge difference. Also, I eat half my breakfast, take the meds, then finish breakfast. I try to take them at the same time each day.

So far so good. I have not had this response from any other med. I feel hopeful enough to start therapy now. Doc wants me stable for a year. I hope this holds up for me.

Best of luck to all of you. Depression sucks so much.
Blinks

#13 Alexis01

Alexis01

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression anxiety PTSD
  • Current Meds:Viibryd seraquel

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Is anyone here still on vibryd

#14 Ithapsych

Ithapsych

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar-mixed; GAD, ADD
  • Current Meds:Lithium1500mg; Viibryd40mg

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

I've been taking Viibryd for a couple months now and it seems to help and the side effects are almost non-existent.  The GI problems were intense during the first couple weeks, but now they're not a problem.  Sexual side effects are basically zero for me.  I have a new pdoc who doesn't typically use Viibryd, but it seems to be effective, especially since I'm well-stabilized by lithium.

Good luck.

Past meds: Prozac; Wellbutrin; Zoloft; Ativan; BuSpar; Remeron; Cymbalta; trazodone

#15 Lauren Anne

Lauren Anne

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, MDD, Anxiety
  • Current Meds:wellbutrin, abilify, cymbalta, xanax

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

I have been taking viibryd for 1 week now, at the 10mg starter dose, and my suicidal ideations are worse than ever. My doc prescribed it as a supplement to cymbalta, because i have had a hard time finding anything like regular energy (meaning the energy to get out of bed), and he said it can help with that. So..... i'm not sure if i should keep on the started pack and let myself get used to it, or mash the pills up and make some art. I am beginning to dispair of ever finding something that will make me feel halfway human, and i'm not sure how much longer i want to be on the old emotional rollercoaster.......  ideas? suggestions? Interestingly, i seem to have no stomach/intestinal reactions. I'd take those side effects over the mood swings any day.

past meds: prozac, lexapro, effexor, pristiq, serquel, ambien, zoloft, probably more.............

#16 tangerine

tangerine

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression, mild cycling mood disorder
  • Current Meds:wellbutrin, lamictal, xanax/klonopin.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

alexis, i am. pls see my other posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog