Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

I Can't Take Anti-Depressants From Bad Reaction To Efexor, But My Doc Put Me On Remeron For Sleep.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_HelloNico

In_Remission_HelloNico
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

I'm on neurontin for anxiety and it is really helping, and I take a Xanax when I feel a panic attack coming on but I rarely get a good nights sleep and did not want to take the Xanax since it can become addictive if taken every day so my doc put me on remeron just for sleep (1 tab at bedtime 15mg). I found out that the remeron is listed as an anti-depressant so now I'm scared to take it since I had a horrible reaction from efexor that lasted for days and prohibited me from having any creative thoughts or a good nights sleep. What to do?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Halberd of Hope

Halberd of Hope

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP NOS, GAD, migraine, fibromyalgia
  • Current Meds:signature

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Just because one antidepressant does not agree with you certainly does not mean they will all be that way. And while both categorized as antidepressants, Effexor and Remeron are different classes of drugs (Effexor is an SNRI, Remeron is a tetracyclic). Some drugs, such as Remeron, have multiple applications. I would try the Remeron; it's good for anxiety as well as sleep.

What dose/frequency of neurontin are you on? It may be possible to increase it at bedtime as well.

Edited by hammer of dusk, 09 October 2011 - 09:06 PM.

As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naive and simple-hearted than we suppose. And we ourselves are, too.
-Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov.

Current Meds: Lyrica 75mg, lithium 600mg daily, Maxalt 10mg PRN, clonazepam 1mg PRN, Reclipsen .15/.03 (OCP)
+ Fish Oil (800mg EPA 400mg DHA),Magnesium Oxide 750mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU

Ex-Meds:
ADs: Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Celexa, amitriptyline, lofepramine (mostly awesome--wish it were in the US), Prozac, Nortryptyline
Benzos: Klonopin, Ativan, Tranxene
AAPs: Abilify
ACs: Lamictal, Neurontin (great for anxiety), Topamax (3 days)
Triptans: Zomig, Imitrex, Treximet
Others: Midrin, Nadolol, Propanolol, Clonidine, Strattera

#3 drewinthebu

drewinthebu

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Remeron and Effexor are completely different types of antidepressants. Not all are the same, and not all are gonna effect you the same. Have you taken the Remeron yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog