Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

I Am Currently Taking 9 Medications

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hello everyone. I was just wanting to see if anyone is on similiar medications as I am.

I take Celexa 40mg, Remeron 30mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Trazodone 200mg, Geodon160mg, Buspar 60mg, Vistaril 150mg, and Cogentin 2mg, Depakote 1500mg.

I just got put on Depakote a month ago and it now caused me to have shaking hands and trembling. My doc just added Cogentin today.

Anyone on these meds?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

The combo was working great for me for about six months. My Pd added Dipakote to it and made me shake with trembles. So the doctor just added Cogentin to stop the shakes. I've been on Depakote for a month now. I just started the Cogentin last night.. The other medications have been working great for a year now. I do notice with the Depalote that I am in a normal mood. I was just if there was anyone out there taking as much as me.

#3 notfred

notfred

Emergency Second Opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • Diagnoses:check out signature
  • Current Meds:check out signature

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

Well, I take 10 meds (includes PRN's and Lovaza, ie fish oil). I think it is important to not fixate on the number. The real question is are you better, do the meds cover your symptoms. Then ask yourself if every med is needed.

nf

Edited by notfred, 06 October 2011 - 07:48 AM.

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvance 70 mg, (dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D 2,000 IU, Fish oil 7.2 g

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#4 Demento

Demento

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD, Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Celexa 20 mg, Remeron 45 mg, Lamictal 200 mg, Abilify 30 mg, Carbamazepine 800 mg, Ritalin 30 mg

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

I take: Celexa, Remeron, Abilify, carbamazepine (Tegretol), Ritalin, and Lamictal. Also atenolol prn. I find the Celexa + Remeron combo particularly helpful.

I was taking Wellbutrin before it got switched to Celexa. Several years ago I took Wellbutrin, Celexa, and Remeron together. My current pdoc doesn't want me on 3 AD's.

#5 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Thank you for changing my perspective. I was stuck with it going through my mind. This. The medictions work great for me. I am happy tp see that there is group of people like me. I don't feel so awkward now.

#6 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I take: Celexa, Remeron, Abilify, carbamazepine (Tegretol), Ritalin, and Lamictal. Also atenolol prn. I find the Celexa + Remeron combo particularly helpful.

I was taking Wellbutrin before it got switched to Celexa. Several years ago I took Wellbutrin, Celexa, and Remeron together. My current pdoc doesn't want me on 3 AD's.

I started out on Celexa and Remeron but my list kept growing everytime I talked to my pdoc. I do agree that that is a wonderful Combo.

#7 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Well, I take 10 meds (includes PRN's and Lovaza, ie fish oil). I think it is important to not fixate on the number. The real question is are you better, do the meds cover your symptoms. Then ask yourself if every med is needed.

nf

I realized I am happy with my meds and it works for me. Thanks for the advice.

#8 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

I've been on Remeron, Wellbutrin, Trazadone, Geodon, Vistaril and Depakote. Is the med combo working for you?

I think it is a good combo. It was working for me but I had other situations(bipolar). I did still crash on the combo but usually not long. He added Depakote to chill me out because I was flopping mania then depression same day. Go to bed hyper as heck. Wake up dead and not having the motivation to move.

#9 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I was having mixed states so he put me on the Depakote. Started staying depressed for long periods and mania so bad I couldn't lay down at night. I'm glad to find I am not alone. So you have been on more than 9 medications before, cool.

Edited by Daeshim, 06 October 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#10 In_Remission_Daeshim

In_Remission_Daeshim
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Anyone done depakote with cogentin?

#11 peteysmom

peteysmom

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Diagnoses:ADD, MDD, PTSD, HYPOTHYROID
  • Current Meds:Adderall, Remeron, Pristiq, Wellbutrin,Latuda, Mirapex, Synthroid,Topamax, Traz, Sonata

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

I can't even count how many I am on, I will have to look at my signature to count them all ! 13

Edited by peteysmom, 17 October 2011 - 03:41 PM.

My DX ARE: Hypothyroid, Gerd, Plantar Faciitis, MDD, ADD, PTSD

AM MEDS ARE; Synthroid 200mcg, Adderall XR 40 mg, Remeron 60 mg, Meloxicam 15mg, Toporol 50mg, Wellbutrin 300 mg, Pristiq 100mg,

2pm Med ; Adderall XR 40mg

9pm Meds; Trazadone 600mg, Sonata 10mg, Toporol 50mg, Mirapex titrating up from 0.125 to 0.75, Latuda 80mg, Topamax 75mg,

PRN: Hydrocodone 10/500 mg, Klonopin .05mg up to 4x a day

#12 drewinthebu

drewinthebu

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hello everyone. I was just wanting to see if anyone is on similiar medications as I am.

I take Celexa 40mg, Remeron 30mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Trazodone 200mg, Geodon160mg, Buspar 60mg, Vistaril 150mg, and Cogentin 2mg, Depakote 1500mg.

I just got put on Depakote a month ago and it now caused me to have shaking hands and trembling. My doc just added Cogentin today.

Anyone on these meds?

Hey, we're semi-med buddies. I'm on traz and depakote. I've been, at one point or another, on all your other meds too (except vistaril and cogentin). Haven't had problems with tremor (yet) thankfully, but cogentin works fabulously on that I've heard. I'm glad to read you're benefiting from your meds! I know it can be disconcerting (understatement) to take handfuls of pills every day, but when it works, it works.

I was having mixed states so he put me on the Depakote.

Mixed states are what brought me to Depakote, too. It's been a literal lifesaver for me, along with Zyprexa.

Edited by drewinthebu, 17 October 2011 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog