Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Oh, How I Love The Onion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bipolar librarian

bipolar librarian

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Not sure if this is the forum for this, but....

New Study Shows People With Panic Disorders Respond Poorly To Being Locked in Underwater Elevators
http://www.theonion....s-respon,20892/

Oh, how I love The Onion

My favorite ever, though, was "God Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder"

Dx Bipolar II 11 years ago
Current meds: Lamotrigine 300mg, lithium 300 mg, latuda 40 mg, xanax .25 mg PRN, synthroid 200 mcg, fish oil
Meds used prior to now: Prozac, Buspar, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, mirapex, abilify, seroquel, NAC

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Sweetest1

Sweetest1

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 rapid cycling , PTSD, Anxiety disorder NOS
  • Current Meds:clonazepam 1.5mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, ativan .5mg prn, Epival/Depakote 1250mg

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

That's hilarious!

I am not a doctor - I am just an !diot.
Nothing I say should be considered as medical advice.
These are merely my personal opinions; of which there is a seemingly inexhaustible supply.

Previous Meds: Zeldox/geodon, risperidone, seroquel, effexor, topamax, lithium, zyprexa, cipralex, trazadone

#3 VAL

VAL

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

One of mine as well...though I think the 9/11 edition was brilliant.

Current Meds: Lamictal 325mg, Wellbutrin XL 450mg, Neurontin 900mg, Klonopin 1.5mg, Saphris 10mg, Trazodone up to 200mg, Prozosin 2mg, Zyprexa 5mg PRN and Inderal 20mg PRN
Past Meds: Siniquan, Elavil, Imipramine, Zoloft, Seroquel, Abilify, Nardil, Emsam, Rozerem and Ambien
Current Non-psych: Soma 350mg PRN, Norco 10mg/325 PRN, Percocet 10mg/325 PRN, Advair, Nasonex, Ventolin PRN, Allegra, Avalide, Dexilant, Levothroxine, Pravachol

#4 Ophelia

Ophelia

Would-be Neurologist

• Illegal
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Bupropion

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

The Onion Radio News:
http://www.theonion....disorder,18242/

And the full article:
http://www.theonion....r-disorder,348/

This explains a LOT! Ah, if God only had Lamictal and Seroquel... or Topamax and Abilify... or.....lithium.

He must be cycling up. The weather is beautiful, at least in California, and the economy is recovering. I've even gotten a few pings on my resume. All definite signs of euphoria and classic symptoms of mania. Also a classic symptom of mania are the sudden outbursts of rage that interrupt the euphoria without warning - look at the thunderstorms and tornadoes.

I think the author is right and that God is a rapid-cycler. Especially lately - it's sunny and clear, then cold and rainy, then sweltering, then cold and rainy - all within a matter of weeks. You just never know what to wear, and you dasn't pack anything away for next year.

Ophelia

Current Diagnosis: Bipolar disorder + PTSD
Current cocktail: Lamotrigine 287.5 mg, Seroquel XR 50 mg, Seroqel IR 50mg & PRN as needed, Wellbutrin SR 225 mg, Abilify 0.5 mg, Estradiol 1 mg, Aspirin 81 mg, Tegretol + Wellbutrin + Celexa, Methylin, Provigil, Depakote, Prozac, Pamelor, Dilantin, Tofranil, Elavil, Stelazine, lithium, Haldol, Desyrel, Valium, Nardil, and fish oil (for crying out loud! It threw me into a mixed episode)....
..........and others I can't remember
Supps: Calcium with Vitamin D, Vitamin D, Iron, Multi-Vitamin, Glucosamine with Chondroitin

#5 bipolar librarian

bipolar librarian

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

He must be cycling up. The weather is beautiful, at least in California, and the economy is recovering. I've even gotten a few pings on my resume. All definite signs of euphoria and classic symptoms of mania. Also a classic symptom of mania are the sudden outbursts of rage that interrupt the euphoria without warning - look at the thunderstorms and tornadoes.

I think the author is right and that God is a rapid-cycler. Especially lately - it's sunny and clear, then cold and rainy, then sweltering, then cold and rainy - all within a matter of weeks. You just never know what to wear, and you dasn't pack anything away for next year.[/size][/font]

He's not on the happy side of hypomania here -- inch and a quarter hail. So much it piled up like snow. Yeesh.

Dx Bipolar II 11 years ago
Current meds: Lamotrigine 300mg, lithium 300 mg, latuda 40 mg, xanax .25 mg PRN, synthroid 200 mcg, fish oil
Meds used prior to now: Prozac, Buspar, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, mirapex, abilify, seroquel, NAC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog