Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Amitriptyline And Chest Pain.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Diagnoses:depresion, anxiety, tourette syndrome, insomnia,add
  • Current Meds:Geodon, celexa, klonopin,amitriptyline, vit d,

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

Having chest pain after taking my twentyith or so amitriptyline. Over twenty days that is, 10 mg, small dose. But I took an ambien with it and two klonopin. I take the amitrptyline for sleep issues and pain issues and it wasn't working, I was taking ambien and I am having a hard time giving it up, and the two together knock me out. I know I shouldn't take them both, but I did, what can this do to me. I am also on a whole list of other meds for brain cooties, including two other antideppressants.

Edited by snapdragon928, 07 May 2011 - 05:01 AM.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

I stopped the amitriptyline after finding out it's not combatible with Geodon thanks to the drug checker site I looked at. I was taking that at the same time. So the ambien and klonopin probably had nothing to do with it.

#3 notfred

notfred

Emergency Second Opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Diagnoses:check out signature
  • Current Meds:check out signature

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

I stopped the amitriptyline after finding out it's not combatible with Geodon thanks to the drug checker site I looked at. I was taking that at the same time. So the ambien and klonopin probably had nothing to do with it.

It is compatible provided you do not have an existing heart condition. All of these interaction checkers have a disclaimer telling users not to stop or change their meds based on the info presented in the checker. Wise advice.

nf

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvance 70 mg, (dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D-3 2,000 IU, Fish oil 7.2 g

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#4 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

It is compatible provided you do not have an existing heart condition. All of these interaction checkers have a disclaimer telling users not to stop or change their meds based on the info presented in the checker. Wise advice.

nf

The only heart condition I have is a beneign murmer. So I should keep taking it until I talk to the doctor. MY appointment is on the 20th. I have read that the med could cause tachacardia for example. That kind of worried me about the chest pain.

#5 notfred

notfred

Emergency Second Opinion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Diagnoses:check out signature
  • Current Meds:check out signature

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

nf

The only heart condition I have is a beneign murmer. So I should keep taking it until I talk to the doctor. MY appointment is on the 20th. I have read that the med could cause tachacardia for example. That kind of worried me about the chest pain.

I would call my doctor Monday if I had chest pain.

nf

I am in full remission (296.36) from Depression. Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, and the Pseudoparkinsonian tremor are well controlled.

Psyc Meds: Forfivo XL 450 mg (Wellbutrin XL), Abilify 15 mg, (Aripiprazole), Eszopiclone 6 mg (Lunesta), Vyvance 70 mg, (dextroamphetamine) Levetiracetam 2,000 mg (Keppra), Propranolol ER 60 mg (Inderal)
PRN: Lorazepam 1-4 mg (Ativan), Alprazolam 1-2 mg (Xanax), Dextroamphetamine 10-40 mg (Dexedrine), Propranolol 20-40 mg (Inderal)

Supps: Multi-vitamin/mineral, Vitamin D-3 2,000 IU, Fish oil 7.2 g

Dx: Depression, Insomnia, ADHD-PI, Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Tremor

I also take allergy and diabetes + it's complications meds.

All doses are a daily total.

#6 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

I plan to call her on monday.

nf

I would call my doctor Monday if I had chest pain.

nf

#7 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

How did the conversation with your Pdoc go? Personally, I think combining Geodon, Welly, and a TCA is just asking for cardiac problems. Then again, I am not a Medical Doctor.

DSP
My Kind of Crazy: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Bipolar Type

Meds: 30mg Dexedrine Spansule .. 200mg Lamictal .. 80mg Latuda .. 600mg Neurontin .. 200mg Ultram ER

Some people say the grass is always greener on the other side.
I say be the gardener. Water it. Feed it. Make your own grass grow.
I make the grass greener wherever I am. I'm the gardener.

#8 Brainbeard

Brainbeard

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, non-Asperger, a bit of schizo-affective disorder, hypochondria, depression.
  • Current Meds:Check signature.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:06 AM

To throw in my 550 cents, Geodon affects QT-interval, and formally shouldn't be combined with another QT-interval prolonging agent - such as amitriptyline. I myself have combined low doses of Geodon with dito doses of amitriptyline and am still alive, however YMMV.
Current meds: Zoloft (sertraline) 250mg, Neurontin (gabapentin) 2400mg or more, Concerta (methylphenidate XR) 18mg + methylphenidate 5mg as needed, 1 Deanxit (flupentixol 0,5mg + melitracene 10mg).
Have used before: alprazolam, oxazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, buprenorphine, amitriptyline, modafinil, fluoxetine (Prozac), imipramine, trimipramine, lorazepam (Ativan), flurazepam, amisulpride, piribedil, ziprasidone (Geodon), buspirone, tramadol, ondansetron, risperidone, tianeptine, amineptine, nortriptyline, codeine, paroxetine (Paxil/Seroxat).
-Some of the magic syrup was preserved.

#9 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

nurse took my message, no call back. It was a low dose of amitriptiyline. My appointment is the twentyith or so. I am told that half my meds,combined together, should cause me seizures too, but none so far. I don't know.

Edited by snapdragon928, 14 May 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#10 snapdragon928

snapdragon928

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I did restart the amitriptyline and stopped the ambien. No more chest pain. It's not great on sleep but it does work for the pain issues. That was after talking with the doctor. Now she bumped it up to fifty mg.but hasn't called it in for a week, two calls, still not called it in. But less pain. Is allways good. I stopped the wellbutrin too. Doctor said that was the sleeping issue, but sleeping issue still there. But my head is more quiet. Not so much chatter.

#11 My Caribe

My Caribe

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Diagnoses:A sad anxious ocd/ptsd/aspergersish insomniac w pain, pituitary & possible seizure issues
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin, Naproxen, loraz/temaz/alprazolam prn, tylenol w codiene

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Im on 10mgs amitriptyline+ 300 wellbutrin xl. Had palpitations since starting the amitriptyline, but unsure of whether or not its panic or 'actual' palpitations. Hows it going for you? Anything since upping the dose? Im kinda scared to up it...
Edited
I also ended up getting random nasty scary chest pain before I quit. Long after I figured a side effect like that would kick in though so who knows what it was.

Edited by My Caribe, 12 April 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Current:
Wellbutrin XL 300mgs, Temaz/Loraz/Alprazalam prn, Naproxen, Tylenol, Sometimes codeine.

Previous: Too many. See profile list.

Don't wait till people are dead to give them flowers.
Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Insomnia, Migraines, PTSD, OCD(ish), Aspergers'(ish), Cyclothemia'(ish), ED'(ish), Fibromyalgia'(ish) ...
Possible sleep seizures(ish) Pituitary growth, Undiagnosed tiny 'cyst' in left tempporal lobe. ADA is borderline (1:80) & ESR is 30 "So theres some sort of connective tissue disorder going on"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog