Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Support Crazymeds. Download the FREE App to read Kindle books on your computer, tablet, or phone.

Anyone Taking Trazodone With Their Maoi?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 egodystonic_James

Would-be Neurologist

• Enabler
  • 1,744 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar 2 and bpd
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Is it safe to take them together,? I'm in my washout period before taking nardil and I would love to take my trazodone. However, it it is contraindicated, (as drugs.com says), I'll be screwed if I take it now. It would reset my washout. Any advice appreciated!

-Bipolar 2 (mostly depressed phase)

-Somatoform Pain Disorder

-Cotard Delusion (in partial remission)(No longer in the DSM, but I sure as hell have it and have been dx'd with it)

Seroquel XR (brand-name quetiapine extended-release) 300 mg once daily in the evening

BuSpar (generic buspirone) 15 mg four times daily

Remeron (generic mirtazapine  15 mg once daily at bedtime 

trazodone (generic) 150 mg as needed once daily at bedtime 

Additional meds

-Lpitor (brand atorvastatin) 20 mg daily

-Vitamin D 5000 IU

-Folic Acid 400 mcg

*****In the hospital the last week. Doing better on Zyprexa, Remeron, and especially Paxil.*****

#2 VAL

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

Try calling a pharmacist and see if they know anything...be warned though...my pharmacist was an idiot when I tried to get information about Nardil but in general, they should know.

Current Meds: Lamictal 300mg, Wellbutrin XL 450mg, Neurontin 900mg, Klonopin 1.5mg,  Trazodone up to 300mg and Inderal 20mg PRN
Past Meds: Siniquan, Elavil, Imipramine, Zoloft, Seroquel, Abilify, Nardil, Emsam, Rozerem, Celexa and Ambien
Current Non-psych: Soma 350mg PRN, Norco 10mg/325 PRN, Percocet 10mg/325 PRN, Advair, Nasonex, Ventolin PRN, Allegra, Benicar, Dexilant, Levothroxine, Pravachol and Nexium. 

#3 Kay8

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major depression, recurrent
  • Current Meds:Parnate, Lamictal

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

It's offline so I can't check to be sure, but I think your answer is here: http://www.thecarlat...general/TCR.pdf

(The answer being, yes, small amounts of Traz for sleep are okay.)

#4 tw0nk

DIY Trepanist

• Enabler
  • 195 posts
  • Diagnoses:Refractory Depression, OCD, derealization, IBS-C
  • Current Meds:Lexapro 20mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Provigil 200mg

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hi James,
I take 90mg Nardil and was prescribed Trazodone for sleep. Can't find the bottle right now but it was a fairly low dose.
I love the smell of Nardil in the morning. The smell, you know that chemical smell. Smells like victory. Some day this war's gonna end...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud