Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Does Lyrica Have Sexual Side Effects?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OverUnderAndThrough

OverUnderAndThrough

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

Such as reduced libido or anorgasmia? If so, how common is it and how bad is it? Did anyone experience sexual SE's at first but then they went away?

Thanks.

Diagnosis: Chronic Pain (back / hips / thighs / buttocks), Anxiety, Depression (in remission), ADHD-I (Predominantly Inattentive Type)

Current Meds (in daily doses): Savella (milnacipran) 50mg AM / 50mg PM; Remeron (mirtazapine) 135mg PM; Klonopin (clonazepam) 1mg AM / 1mg PM (plus up to 6mg/day more PRN); Wellbutrin (bupropion) 150mg; Namenda (memantine) 20mg;  Zanaflex (tizanidine) up to 16mg/day PRN; Nuvigil (armodafinil) occasionally 125mg AM

Past Meds: Lexapro (escitalopram); Cymbalta (duloxetine); Strattera (atomoxetine); Abilify (aripiprazole); Neurontin (gabapentin), Pristiq (desvenlafaxine), Valium (diazepam), Risperdal (risperidone), Adderall (amphetamine salts), Lyrica (pregablin), Opana (oxymorphone), Ultram (tramadol), DXM a.k.a. dextromethorphan 150mg AM / 150mg PM (based off the Brand-name med Nuedexta)

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Angie

Angie

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, panic disorder, agoraphobia, depression, fibromyalgia, BP3 (the meds did it!)
  • Current Meds:Xanax .25mg PRN, Paxil 20mg daily, Flexeril 5mg PRN

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Such as reduced libido or anorgasmia? If so, how common is it and how bad is it? Did anyone experience sexual SE's at first but then they went away?

Thanks.

I was only on Lyrica for about 3 months, but I didn't have any sexual side effects.
"I...am not...a LOONEY!!!!" John Cleese, Monty Python's Flying Circus

#3 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

I was on Lyrica for half a year and did not experience any side effects at all. If you are having sexual side effects, I would most likely assign blame to the mixture of AD's (Pristiq, Remeron, and Savella) mixed in with risperidone and diazepam.

DSP
My Kind of Crazy: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Bipolar Type

Meds: 30mg Dexedrine Spansule .. 200mg Lamictal .. 80mg Latuda .. 600mg Neurontin .. 200mg Ultram ER

Some people say the grass is always greener on the other side.
I say be the gardener. Water it. Feed it. Make your own grass grow.
I make the grass greener wherever I am. I'm the gardener.

#4 basuraeuropea

basuraeuropea

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

old topic but lyrica turned me into a chemical castrate - the worst sexual dysfunction from any psych med i've taken. just in case any new happens to stumble upon this thread. it also lowered my testosterone levels dramatically and messed with my FSH and LH levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog