Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Zyprexa For Anxiety Prn?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_RaspberrySplash

In_Remission_RaspberrySplash
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have PTSD stemming from a very recent event, and my pdoc thinks zyprexa will help the anxiety piece of things. I have never tried it, but am afraid it won't help. I'm in a constant state of derealization, along with frequent anxiety attacks, shaking, and racing thoughts.

She told me to give it til Monday, and I will. Has anyone out there had positive experiences with Zyprexa prn?

Thanks!

Laura

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 VAL

VAL

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPII
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Laura,

I'm not sure what you mean by PRN. Are you saying she wants you to take one pill if you feel bad or a short course? I can only tell you my experience which is that it knocked my PTSD symptoms and hypomania on it's ass very quickly (immediate effects) when I experiencing a rather unexpected explosion of both before Christmas. My pdoc gave me a total of 5 10mg pills and I was great and haven't had any problems since.

Edited by VAL, 20 January 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Current Meds: Lamictal 325mg, Wellbutrin XL 450mg, Neurontin 900mg, Klonopin 1.5mg, Saphris 10mg, Trazodone up to 200mg, Prozosin 2mg, Zyprexa 5mg PRN and Inderal 20mg PRN
Past Meds: Siniquan, Elavil, Imipramine, Zoloft, Seroquel, Abilify, Nardil, Emsam, Rozerem and Ambien
Current Non-psych: Soma 350mg PRN, Norco 10mg/325 PRN, Percocet 10mg/325 PRN, Advair, Nasonex, Ventolin PRN, Allegra, Avalide, Dexilant, Levothroxine, Pravachol

#3 In_Remission_qvivian

In_Remission_qvivian
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

When I was first put on Zyprexa it VERY quickly yanked me out of an extremely distressed/anxious/depressed state. Like within a couple days. It wasn't PRN, though - I was taking it daily (10 mg at that time).

#4 Deep Sea Philosopher

Deep Sea Philosopher

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

I take Zyprexa as needed and for short periods of time as an adjunct to my AAP flavor of the day.

It doesn't matter what spectrum the problem stems from.. Zyprexa knocks it on its ass.

DSP
My Kind of Crazy: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Bipolar Type

Meds: 30mg Dexedrine Spansule .. 200mg Lamictal .. 80mg Latuda .. 600mg Neurontin .. 200mg Ultram ER

Some people say the grass is always greener on the other side.
I say be the gardener. Water it. Feed it. Make your own grass grow.
I make the grass greener wherever I am. I'm the gardener.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog