Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Remeron Plus Valdoxan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Peter Heuer

In_Remission_Peter Heuer
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi,

I don't seem to get enough sleep on Remeron, so I would like to add another drug.
I have tried Remeron plus Seroquel in the past, but this combo gave me a hangover.

Now I'm interested in Valdoxan, since this medicine is said to improve sleep.

Does it make sense to add Valdoxan to Remeron for better sleep?

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

Wellbutrin XL 150 mg
Remeron 45 mg
Lyrica 50 mg
Fluanxol 0,5 mg

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Mr_West

Mr_West

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100mg, Bupropion 300mg

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I don't seem to get enough sleep on Remeron, so I would like to add another drug.
I have tried Remeron plus Seroquel in the past, but this combo gave me a hangover.

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

Wellbutrin XL 150 mg
Remeron 45 mg
Lyrica 50 mg
Fluanxol 0,5 mg

Why not? It is really new, but if you are in a country where its available it might be worth a shot. It's just that new. You may want to try it in place of the Remeron and be patient, because Valdoxan's action is just that different from everything else that's available.
________________________________________________________________________________
Not a medical professional. I have been asked whether I am a magician or scientist. Maybe I am neither, maybe I'm both. Take things I've written more than a year or two ago with more than a couple grains of salt, because people learn. I mean who thinks that when the house cat finally catches that bunny rabbit in the yard the bunny is going to kick the cat's ass, but once you see it you have to reconcile it with your existing view of the world.

CYP 2D6 *10, *39

#3 In_Remission_Peter Heuer

In_Remission_Peter Heuer
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

Hi,

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

Wellbutrin XL 150 mg
Remeron 45 mg
Lyrica 50 mg
Fluanxol 0,5 mg

Why not? It is really new, but if you are in a country where its available it might be worth a shot. It's just that new. You may want to try it in place of the Remeron and be patient, because Valdoxan's action is just that different from everything else that's available.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried Valdoxan in place of the Remeron, but this drug didn't do the trick.
I didn't get the deep sleep that I need on Valdoxan.

Does it make sense to combine Remeron and Valdoxan?
Is the pharmacology right?

Valdoxan is definitely a mild drug, so I can give it a try.
No harm will be done.

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

#4 Mr_West

Mr_West

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100mg, Bupropion 300mg

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

I don't know that the information exists to say anything in the direction of the pharmacology being wrong or right when you are talking about taking these two together.

Give it a whirl. I seems like it should be a great idea. You may need a lower dose of Remeron to avoid an antihistamine hangover, but it sounds like these two could be a math made if heaven.
________________________________________________________________________________
Not a medical professional. I have been asked whether I am a magician or scientist. Maybe I am neither, maybe I'm both. Take things I've written more than a year or two ago with more than a couple grains of salt, because people learn. I mean who thinks that when the house cat finally catches that bunny rabbit in the yard the bunny is going to kick the cat's ass, but once you see it you have to reconcile it with your existing view of the world.

CYP 2D6 *10, *39

#5 In_Remission_BeyondCrazy

In_Remission_BeyondCrazy
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

How did you go with the Remeron and Valdoxan?

#6 In_Remission_Peter Heuer

In_Remission_Peter Heuer
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

How did you go with the Remeron and Valdoxan?

Hi,

I haven't tried Remeron plus Valdoxan yet.
I don't really believe in this combo.

I have googled Remeron+Valdoxan.
This combination of drugs is nonexistent.

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

#7 RleeP2

RleeP2

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD/GAD -latter is primary. Adult ADHD
  • Current Meds:Mirtazapine, 45mg/Diazepam 3mg/day. Adderall XR, 20mg/day

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hi Peter: If you're taking 45mg/day of Remeron and also taking Wellbutrin, I wonder if maybe the combo might be gunning your motor a bit too much, due to the combined effect on norepinephrine, for you to get the sort of sleep you want. I know when I went from 30 to 45mg on Remeron, while it still made me drowsy, it also revved me up a good deal more in the daytime and I'm waking up a good deal earlier. This was fine by me. 30mg was turning me into a drowsy slug. It might be that you'll get better results from a Remeron/Wellbutrin combo if you backed the remeron off to 30 or even 15mg because, as I understand it, the lower the dose of Remeron, the more drowsiness it usually causes. Both of those dosage levels (15 and 30) pretty much pole-axed me and put me to sleep. But 45, while initially allowing me to get to sleep, made me more like a squirrel for much of the time.

Just a thought and perhaps something worth discussing with your P-Doc in the context of your overall meds regimen to see what he/she thinks. I'm certainly not qualified to categorically say what will or will not be best for you.

Best,

Lee

#8 In_Remission_Peter Heuer

In_Remission_Peter Heuer
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

Hi Peter: If you're taking 45mg/day of Remeron and also taking Wellbutrin, I wonder if maybe the combo might be gunning your motor a bit too much, due to the combined effect on norepinephrine, for you to get the sort of sleep you want. I know when I went from 30 to 45mg on Remeron, while it still made me drowsy, it also revved me up a good deal more in the daytime and I'm waking up a good deal earlier. This was fine by me. 30mg was turning me into a drowsy slug. It might be that you'll get better results from a Remeron/Wellbutrin combo if you backed the remeron off to 30 or even 15mg because, as I understand it, the lower the dose of Remeron, the more drowsiness it usually causes. Both of those dosage levels (15 and 30) pretty much pole-axed me and put me to sleep. But 45, while initially allowing me to get to sleep, made me more like a squirrel for much of the time.

Just a thought and perhaps something worth discussing with your P-Doc in the context of your overall meds regimen to see what he/she thinks. I'm certainly not qualified to categorically say what will or will not be best for you.

Best,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried 30 mg of Remeron, but I need 45 mg of this medicine.
But I'm doing okay on Remeron plus Lyrica.

Best regards,
Peter Heuer

#9 melb2010

melb2010

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression, anxiety
  • Current Meds:agomelatine (valdoxan)

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:33 AM

I take valdoxan and i definitely sleep better on it. it helps you get to sleep with no hangover in the morning. definitely better than seroquel for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog