Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Teva's Generic Klonopin.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_AriellaIsBatty

In_Remission_AriellaIsBatty
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

The generic is just not working on my anxiety or akathesia. I am ticked. I cannot wait till my medicaid card comes in the mail so i can get my real stuff. My generic Klonopin is by Teva. Is the general consensus here that teva's generics bite? Should they just change their name to israeli sugar pill factory.....(hey nothing against israel, i love it, my family is from there).

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Bipolar Bear

Bipolar Bear

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I or II, depending on who you ask
  • Current Meds:Seroquel 200, Ultram, Vyvanse 50 mg, klonopin .5 mg prn

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

Medicaid will pay for brand when generic is available?!

I have generic klonopin (too lazy to go look right now) and it seems to do the trick.

Remember kids, Snape didn't kill Dumbledore, Michael Gambon did.

"Ah, war. God's way of making Americans learn geography." ~ Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

Dx: Bipolar Something (depends on who you ask...), ADHD- inattentive type, some anxiety stuff, PTSD
Alt Dx: "Nutty as squirrel poo." (quote from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Rx:Seroquel- 200 mg at bedtime, Vyvanse 50 mg, Klonopin .5 mg prn

Favorite things: Harry Potter, Seroquel, flannel sheets, my Tempur-pedic bed, pajama pants, massage, music, reading, Coca-Cola, Starbucks, sleep

Dr. Wilson: Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth.
Dr. Gregory House: And triteness kicks us in the nads.

#3 Silver

Silver

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

Medicaid will sometimes pay for brand when generic is available, but will usually require prior authorization.

I can testify that for me, at least, the Teva generic (marked on my bottle as TEV) has been every bit as clonazepam-y as the brand. Actually (and I have taken clonazepam very rarely and for 1-3 days at a time), it seemed to last longer than the brand tablets. Never did a specific comparison test.
Bipolar I

Science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. It is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good. --Terry Pratchett

#4 In_Remission_AriellaIsBatty

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

i guess for everyone its just different and i was getting scared because of other teva stories i heard.

#5 NOS

NOS

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, lots of other things, NOS
  • Current Meds:Klonopin, Adderall and some other stuff

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

I've had a couple of different generic forms of clonazepam, including the Teva, and I've never noticed a difference, other than that they taste different. I'm not lucky enough to have ever been able to afford the brand name Klonopin, so I don't have much to compare it to.

-L
Pertinent and probably some not so pertinent info:

DX: Not sure which of these are current or accurate anymore, but my money's on the last one to account for the symptoms...Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ADD, Depressive Disorder NOS, Bipolar Disorder NOS, Possible Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (doc has suggested this, prescribed accordingly, but has yet to do any sort of evaluation to determine...I'm uninsured), PTSD

RX: Adderall 40 mg, Klonopin 2-4 mg, Trazodone 150-300 mg, Soma up to 3x daily as needed

#6 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 500, CLZ 1.5-2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.25-.5

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

The generic is just not working on my anxiety or akathesia. I am ticked. I cannot wait till my medicaid card comes in the mail so i can get my real stuff. My generic Klonopin is by Teva. Is the general consensus here that teva's generics bite? Should they just change their name to israeli sugar pill factory.....(hey nothing against israel, i love it, my family is from there).

Quite the contrary.

With the exception of their generic version of Wellbutrin (named Budeprion), their generics are normally viewed as exceptional, if not mysteriously like 'copies'.

Dymphna

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#7 In_Remission_AriellaIsBatty

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Quite the contrary.

With the exception of their generic version of Wellbutrin (named Budeprion), their generics are normally viewed as exceptional, if not mysteriously like 'copies'.

Dymphna

you have a point. my hubby notices no difference between their Carbamazepine (spelling?) and Tegretol. Im just a bit upset.

#8 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Epilepsy NOS, Autism, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 250mg, protriptyline 30mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 45mg EPA 600

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

Ariella,

The generic is just not working on my anxiety or akathesia.

You used to take the brand, K-hole Klonopin? (In that real Klonopin has a K punched all the way through it and the pill would be colored to indicate dosage.) Or was it another generic clonazepam? (And I think all the pills are white regardless of dosage from every manufacturer).
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

Wear my Straitjacket     Batshit Crazy Blog

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#9 In_Remission_LostSoul

In_Remission_LostSoul
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

I've tried brand name, TEVA, Caraco, and Purepac. Stay away from Purepac - they suck really bad. Like sugar pill bad. I take TEVA, which seems to me to be the closest to the real thing in terms of keeping anxiety at bay. Not as sedating as the real K, in my experience. The Caraco is almost as effective as TEVA, but I did have a little breakthrough anxiety. Caraco is definitely sedating - almost as much as the real deal. Maybe you could call around and find a pharmacy that carries it and try it out?

#10 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts
  • Current Meds:LTG 200mg, TPM 250mg, protriptyline 30mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 45mg EPA 600

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

I've tried brand name, TEVA, Caraco, and Purepac. Stay away from Purepac - they suck really bad.

From experience with other "Pure"pac products I concur - avoid them. They got me started on my anti-generic crusade. All filler and no thriller as far as I can tell.
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

#11 Cyeic

Cyeic

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

I've taken TEVA mirtazipine and prednisolone, and both were upto the standards of the regular branded stuff.
Useful Journals:

Blackwell Synergy
Science Direct

There's no cure that couldn't kill you.

#12 In_Remission_LostSoul

In_Remission_LostSoul
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Caraco is pale yellow. Purepac (I'm assuming) was pale pink.

Yep, the Purepacs are pink. Avoid like the plague. TEVA and Caraco are both yellow.

#13 NOS

NOS

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, lots of other things, NOS
  • Current Meds:Klonopin, Adderall and some other stuff

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

My 1 mg Tevas are light blue/green, and so are the other generic brand that I get, but can't remember the name of. I can't tell a difference b/w the two.
Pertinent and probably some not so pertinent info:

DX: Not sure which of these are current or accurate anymore, but my money's on the last one to account for the symptoms...Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ADD, Depressive Disorder NOS, Bipolar Disorder NOS, Possible Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (doc has suggested this, prescribed accordingly, but has yet to do any sort of evaluation to determine...I'm uninsured), PTSD

RX: Adderall 40 mg, Klonopin 2-4 mg, Trazodone 150-300 mg, Soma up to 3x daily as needed

#14 Stacia

Stacia

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, ADD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Latuda, Lithium, Klonopin, Adderall

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

My 1 mg Tevas are light blue/green, and so are the other generic brand that I get, but can't remember the name of. I can't tell a difference b/w the two.

Maybe different dose.?

I've had K from both Teva and Eon Labs. Both seem about the same 'cept Eon Labs is less grainy. This is the one med I just suck on. Not sure that speeds anything up, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help it along. :mad:

#15 In_Remission_LostSoul

In_Remission_LostSoul
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

To clarify, I was referring to the .5s (TEVA/Caraco yellow, Purepac pink). I'm not sure about other dosages.

Thanks, jook. Miles is the Man.

#16 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

Or was it another generic clonazepam? (And I think all the pills are white regardless of dosage from every manufacturer).

I should never post anything involving color from memory. Sorry. I can't remember what color the sky is without checking.

#17 Silver

Silver

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

I should never post anything involving color from memory. Sorry. I can't remember what color the sky is without checking.

It's winter. It's black. Easy.
Bipolar I

Science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. It is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good. --Terry Pratchett

#18 jcj

jcj

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Diagnoses:migraine; depression/anxiety
  • Current Meds:Klonopin; Neurontin; Topamax; Effexor

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

Does anybody know anything about Klonopin by company named: DRx

#19 wake me when i'm dead

wake me when i'm dead

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar ii, add
  • Current Meds:lamictal, dexedrine, celexa, klonopin

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

i take teva clonazepam. can't tell the difference between the generic and the real mccoy.

#20 canderson

canderson

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD with Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Klonopin 1mg Prozac 40mg Wellbutrin SR 300mg Trazodone 25 mg/Ambien 10 mg Gabapentin 1800mg

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

My TEVA generic Klonopin 1MG is light green.

#21 panic!

panic!

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Diagnoses:Panic Disorder, GAD, Bipolar NOS, MDD
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin Lamictal Clonazepam Lexapro

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

I am fairly certain that i've never used brand name klonipin.
i have been using a generic with great success (to keep the panic on lock-down) for several years.
don't know the brand however, pale yellow stamped with an odd looking "E" and a number.

#22 In_Remission_CaligulavonKarma

In_Remission_CaligulavonKarma
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

I mistakenly trusted a pharmacist into leading me to believe, though I had done extensive research on the matter, Activis was just as good as any other brand.

Wrong. It was approximately half the strength of the Teva's to me, which to my totally random figure of 85% of people that have tried Teva and Roche reportedly seeing no difference or an extremely minimal one, outside of saving forty dollars, meant that I should make it a point to stick with Teva (I've had brand Roche Klonopin long ago with no tolerance, can't say if they were better or not, outside of the fact it was like finding a little white pill that lifted 17 years of crippling anxiety off of my shoulders). I switched back to Teva, and everything is working fine again (provided I skip the caffeine and stick with my Adderall).

I've never had any other Teva brand products outside the Remeron, which I can't comment on because it was useless (believe it or not medical profession, there is such a thing as providing life-altering therapeutic value via controlled substances which are scheduled too high to start with; no side effects, maximum efficiency, highly flexible and fast acting, who would have thought it?)

The only problem I had with Teva is I was finding it was not putting me out cold or sedating me, which turned out to be the RIGHT thing that was happening, abation of persistent anxiety beats quasi first-month "I feel a little drunk" any day of the week for me.

Weeee, I like to post it up with a vigor the likes of which man cannot fathom, aren't we lucky?

Edited by CaligulavonKarma, 03 June 2008 - 12:53 AM.

#23 In_Remission_not joe

In_Remission_not joe
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

I was prescribed Klonopin, and naturally got the generic on my first fill. It was a big bunch of green pills from Teva. All I can say is wtf! They have no quality control. Pills chipped easily, some weren't well packed and practically disentigrated! The dosage seems to vary from "pez is more effective" to "where am I and what's my name?", despite the fact that they're all allegedly 1mg tablets. Fortunately my insurance plan doesn't force generics. That extra $40 is a small price to pay for consistency and the ability to actually use all the pills I was prescribed. Judging from this forum, I'm not the only one that's disappointed with Teva's products.

#24 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Judging from this forum, I'm not the only one that's disappointed with Teva's products.

Actually the only problem with a Teva product people have had is with the Budeprion XL.

Do the pills look like this?

Posted Image

Pills chipped easily, some weren't well packed and practically disentigrated!

That reads more like something happened during distribution or at the pharmacy. The pills got too hot or even wet.

#25 In_Remission_not joe

In_Remission_not joe
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

Those are indeed the pills.

That reads more like something happened during distribution or at the pharmacy. The pills got too hot or even wet.

I'm beginning to think you're right. I live in the hot, humid south, and air conditioners do break down. I've gotten chocolate and other candy from there that was obviously heat damaged, so I suppose it's not out of the question their shelves of a few hundred thousand dollars worth of prescription drugs got baked as well. After taking this into consideration I switched to The Other Big Chain Pharmacy across the street, so we'll see how the refill of generic clonazepam goes when it's time to refill.

As far as brand versus generic is concerned, I see no difference between the generic Teva pills that were in good shape and name brand Klonopin.

Edited by not joe, 26 August 2008 - 08:20 AM.

#26 Serpens

Serpens

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Diagnoses:GAD w/Panic and Major Depression Symptoms
  • Current Meds:Emsam 6mg/24hr, .25mg Xanax prn

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

As a general rule, Teva is one of the best generic manufacturers out there. They're only big screw(That I'm aware of) up was the Wellbutrin generic, and that's understandable given that drug's strange metabolism. Granted, people can have pretty profound responses to subtle changes in formulation, and god knows we get a lot of those on this site. You might talk to your doctor about upping your dose by a small nudge in the mean time, to see if that can put you up to a place where you're getting the response you need.

#27 In_Remission_800lb gorilla

In_Remission_800lb gorilla
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

As a general rule, Teva is one of the best generic manufacturers out there. They're only big screw(That I'm aware of) up was the Wellbutrin generic, and that's understandable given that drug's strange metabolism. Granted, people can have pretty profound responses to subtle changes in formulation, and god knows we get a lot of those on this site. You might talk to your doctor about upping your dose by a small nudge in the mean time, to see if that can put you up to a place where you're getting the response you need.

i like teva as well and find them a fine substitute for the brand klonopin-however there are so many colors and manufacturers of clonazepam now, they come in blue 1mg and also a light green-the green says 93 over the number 833-who makes it?
also, what exactly is the problem with generic wellbutrin? i've taken it. after years of klonopin, wafers, tablets and generics, my dose has been increased and my doctor is suggesting perhaps an ssri-but i've never reacted well from them or see them as a substitute for a benzodiapene. i have had no real issues with their shelf life either. my doctor once said they're fine even past the exp date-although i do not suggest in any way that anyone follow that. ever. ask your doc.

#28 jill~

jill~

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Diagnoses:mood disorder,depression,eating disorder
  • Current Meds:zoloft,lamictal,topomax,klonopin,ambien

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

Has anyone heard of a generic Klonopin put out by "Curaco Manufacture's?"

#29 elocinintherain

elocinintherain

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Diagnoses:296.42/300.23/migraines
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone heard of a generic Klonopin put out by "Curaco Manufacture's?"

Yes, that's the stuff I get from walmart. It works pretty well, in my opinion. Better than the teva's I get from walgreens.

Current Daily Meds: 150mcg Synthroid, 25 mg topamax x 3 daily (introduced 1/10/13, titration dosage), 100mg Wellbutrin x 2 daily, .25 to .5 mg clonazapam prn.

#30 elocinintherain

elocinintherain

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Diagnoses:296.42/300.23/migraines
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

Oh, before I forget, in regards to the poster who commented on being happy about getting medicaid so they could get the "real deal" kpins, well, choose your advantage plan wisely.
Many insurance (especially Medicare Advantage Plans) will not pay for benzos. So, I'm still stuck with the generics, but I keep them in the veggie drawer and always get them from the same pharmacy, and they seem to do okay. (Caraco) I will not buy benzos of any kind from walgreens in my town, they've got teva crap and it doesn't dissolve the same for me.

Current Daily Meds: 150mcg Synthroid, 25 mg topamax x 3 daily (introduced 1/10/13, titration dosage), 100mg Wellbutrin x 2 daily, .25 to .5 mg clonazapam prn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog