Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Sexual Side Effects

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_doctorgonzo

In_Remission_doctorgonzo
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:06 AM

okay today i just started 3 new meds i was off meds for like 6 months. cymbalta lorazepam and metopol, the metoprol ive not taken yet but i took a cymbalta earlier and a lorazpem.
so anyways im beatin away at my chevy chase (thats wut i call my dick) and i relize i cant ejeculate! it was terrible i finally ejaculated but i had to beat my dick like it owned me money, i swear my head almot popped off, and the orgasm was like pretty pleasureless.
is this because of cymbalta or lorazepam? how can cymbalta already give sexual side effects on the first day!!! :mad:

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Sasha

Sasha

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, ADHD
  • Current Meds:Saphris 10mg, Seroquel 200mg, Wellbutrin XR 450mg

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

Probably Cymbalta.
"I tell you, if there's anything worse than dealing with a staunch woman... S-T-A-U-N-C-H. There's nothing worse, I'm telling you. They don't weaken, no matter what." - Edith Bouvier Beale

#3 creepy

creepy

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD
  • Current Meds:200mg sertraline 300mg lamotrigine

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hehehe, this is WAY off in TMI-land, but yeah medically its a valid question. I think most of these drugs do things to your libido and/or your orgasm.
Maybe try lexapro if you have to mess with serotonin. Or wellbutrin if you want to switch to something that works on dopamine / norepinephrine.
ultimately, Id stick with something that worked.

okay today i just started 3 new meds i was off meds for like 6 months. cymbalta lorazepam and metopol, the metoprol ive not taken yet but i took a cymbalta earlier and a lorazpem.
so anyways im beatin away at my chevy chase (thats wut i call my dick) and i relize i cant ejeculate! it was terrible i finally ejaculated but i had to beat my dick like it owned me money, i swear my head almot popped off, and the orgasm was like pretty pleasureless.
is this because of cymbalta or lorazepam? how can cymbalta already give sexual side effects on the first day!!! :mad:

Zombiez ate my brain
and spat it back out, blecch...

#4 In_Remission_johnmar

In_Remission_johnmar
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Yep. Cymbalta. First day.

#5 anxiousfrog

anxiousfrog

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Diagnoses:Migraines, GAD, Agitated Depression
  • Current Meds:Topamax, Wellbutrin XL, Effexor XR, Klonopin

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

this is entirely TMI (dude, seriously), but my mom takes cymbalta (for depression as well as neuropathic pain), and the poor thing has had a HUGE increase in sexual desire, but she can't actually achieve an orgasm to save her life. kinda made me feel a little icky inside to have a conversation like that with my mother, but oh well, we talk about all things medical, all the time. cymbalta is evil when it comes to sex and i never ever want to try it.
Current Dx: Migraines (+ Tension headaches, chronic daily headaches, & hormonal migraines), Agitated Depression, GAD.
Current Meds: Topamax 50mg BID, Wellbutrin XL 300mg @am, Effexor XR 75mg @am, Klonopin .5-1g @bedtime
Past Meds: Buspar, Inderal, Nortriptyline, Sarafem, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro

#6 quiet storm

quiet storm

• Enabler
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Never had a problem wuth cynbalta in the sex dept But of ocurse everybody is different and it is a big problem for alot of folks with alot of AD's.

It may get better with time.
Next time you think no one cares, try missing a car payment.

#7 In_Remission_johnmar

In_Remission_johnmar
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

Furthermore, Neurontin/Lyrica make blood flow to the penis and provide a nice feeling of a healthy hanging penis throughout the day. As soon as I took Cymbalta, there was an immediate shrivelling feeling (like 20 degree weather might cause) at all time. On the other hand, I got some fibro pain relief from Cymbalta, so I have a choice to make. Better sexual feeling and reasonably achievable orgasms or that fibro pain relief.

#8 dash

dash

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, Anxiety, ADD
  • Current Meds:Wellbutrin SR and Ritalin

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Cymbalta does serotonin reuptake also, doesn't it?

From my SSRI days, well... it does not get better with time. I've had my share of women literally tired of having sex before I could "ooohhh"... I was hornier than ever, I just couldn't go "oooohhh"...

One more for TMI day!! LOL
dash

#9 quiet storm

quiet storm

• Enabler
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

yes, cymbalta is an equal inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake. Guess its just me I never had much of a problem on lexapro either.

Guess I'm just a stallion!!!
Next time you think no one cares, try missing a car payment.

#10 In_Remission_doctorgonzo

In_Remission_doctorgonzo
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

i am happy to report i am now able to achieve orgasms while on cymbalta!!! its harder to 'set the orgasm off' but the orgasm itself seems to last like twice as long and feel really good :mad: its weird my whole body shakes around like i am a spastic patient but i dont mind!!!now my only problem with cymbalta is that when i drink alcohol i act like A total douche! no self control! i might quit drinking... p.s. this forum has cooler people than most forums i was shocked thanks for helpin your boy gonzo!

#11 In_Remission_helloprettycity

In_Remission_helloprettycity
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

i am happy to report i am now able to achieve orgasms while on cymbalta!!! its harder to 'set the orgasm off' but the orgasm itself seems to last like twice as long and feel really good :mad: its weird my whole body shakes around like i am a spastic patient but i dont mind!!!now my only problem with cymbalta is that when i drink alcohol i act like A total douche! no self control! i might quit drinking... p.s. this forum has cooler people than most forums i was shocked thanks for helpin your boy gonzo!

hmm,, sounds like you're havin fun, I've been taking cymbalta for a month and it definitely has major sexual side effects.

#12 In_Remission_helloprettycity

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

hmm,, sounds like you're havin fun, I've been taking cymbalta for a month and it definitely has major sexual side effects.

yeah , since I've been taking cymbalta I have like no interest in sex at all, and it used to be a BIG part of my life,and orgasms are not happening anymore.Oh well guess it's a trade off, depression seems to be improving.

#13 In_Remission_doctorgonzo

In_Remission_doctorgonzo
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

i wana warn u guys about cymbalta and drtinking, here the thing, i always had a drinking problem, but since cybmbalta, its rediculous. last weekend i consumed 2 26ers of vodka and a 24 of beer, and i stole 2 60 ouncers of wine. all was consumed. right now is friday morning. last night i drank a (entirely dif) 60 of wine, stayed up all night, still drunk at 10am i went to the liquor store, i bought a 6 pack of beer, and get this i stole 4 mickeys of vodka. so i had 60$ worth of vodka in my pockets and i boguht 7 dollars worth of beer. ive always been a theif of alcohol, ive never stolen from people, but when it comes to wal mart or 'lcbo' or any big corp, ive always stolen from them, and i dont feel guilty about it. anyways all im saying is if ur on cymbalta dont drink, because youll engage in risky behavior, i didnt tell u all the storys of the shit i did WHILE drunk in the last 3 weeks. i was just nuts in general. not mean, just crazy as in i have no 'hey, watch out, this could have a backlash' <that wasnt there, ive just been insanely not giving a fuck. and i used to get drunk and pass out, since being on cymbalta, i get drunk, binge all night, and want more still the next morning. in other words i do not stop drinking until im fucking raped. i duno wut else to say hell i dont even know wut ive said, just be careful.

#14 In_Remission_helloprettycity

• Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

i wana warn u guys about cymbalta and drtinking, here the thing, i always had a drinking problem, but since cybmbalta, its rediculous. last weekend i consumed 2 26ers of vodka and a 24 of beer, and i stole 2 60 ouncers of wine. all was consumed. right now is friday morning. last night i drank a (entirely dif) 60 of wine, stayed up all night, still drunk at 10am i went to the liquor store, i bought a 6 pack of beer, and get this i stole 4 mickeys of vodka. so i had 60$ worth of vodka in my pockets and i boguht 7 dollars worth of beer. ive always been a theif of alcohol, ive never stolen from people, but when it comes to wal mart or 'lcbo' or any big corp, ive always stolen from them, and i dont feel guilty about it. anyways all im saying is if ur on cymbalta dont drink, because youll engage in risky behavior, i didnt tell u all the storys of the shit i did WHILE drunk in the last 3 weeks. i was just nuts in general. not mean, just crazy as in i have no 'hey, watch out, this could have a backlash' <that wasnt there, ive just been insanely not giving a fuck. and i used to get drunk and pass out, since being on cymbalta, i get drunk, binge all night, and want more still the next morning. in other words i do not stop drinking until im fucking raped. i duno wut else to say hell i dont even know wut ive said, just be careful.

OMG, please consider checking into a rehab,u r not going to have a liver left if you keep this up.The hospital I used to work at had a detox unit which was actually pretty good, they had some pretty cool people that worked there. I think most hospitals have detox units they can get you in through the ER. I hope I don't sound like I'm preaching but your story just sounded so sad and you sound like an intelligent guy that has a lot of potential.By the way, I had to stop the cymbalta anyway cause it aggrivated my migraines, I spent the past 2 days in bed with a pounding migraine, I couldn't even hold down a glass of water. I was so dehydrated and in so much pain, all I did was cry, thankfully I can function today.

#15 In_Remission_johnmar

In_Remission_johnmar
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

So, HelloPC ... are you back in the game not that the Cymbalta is gone?

#16 In_Remission_helloprettycity

• Guests

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

So, HelloPC ... are you back in the game not that the Cymbalta is gone?

unfortunately, my doc convinced me to stay on the cymbalta so I am giving it a few more days,I 'm not in a relationship right now so I probably shouldn't be thinking about playing the game anyways.

#17 In_Remission_SANDRA

In_Remission_SANDRA
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:16 PM

yep cymbalta had that effect on me
but i tell you now i am taking welburtin and man talk about wonderful sex.......lol :)

#18 In_Remission_kdoaktown

In_Remission_kdoaktown
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

My pdoc prescribed buspar to possibly negate any sexual side effects of cymbalta (I had major issues with this on effexor and zoloft). I can still orgasm, but I have no idea if it is because of the buspar changed that or the cymbalta never caused any in the first place...I can say though, as my dose has been upped my libido has gone down.

#19 Nutter 6

Nutter 6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Diagnoses:see sig
  • Current Meds:see sig

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

doctorgonzo: might consider that alcohol is also interfering with sex...just a thought... :mad: "

i have the cymbalta "cruel joke" of increased libido and decreased ability to follow through. after 2 months at 90mg, it started to improve and is now a hit-or-miss kind of thing. hoping it will continue to improve. but as long as cymbalta is keeping the ocd delusions away, i'm not changing.

here's to intensive sexual experimentation with those you love! :)
Dx: OCD, GAD, PD, ADHD, Pain due to jaw injury hyperirritable trigeminal, facial, and spinal accessory nerves following jaw injury (Two Three Four Five months now, and counting...)
Psycho Rx: Cymbalta, 90; Vyvanse, 30; Klonopin, PRN, up to 1.5 x 3;
everchanging Pain RX: Neurontin, 400; Acetaminophen 650 x 3 (sometimes with codeine); Voltaren, PRN; Physio, Upper and lower jaws splinted, Lots and lots of ice...some nutters wear tin foil hats; I like ice hats...

---
'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog