Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Invega For Depression?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Tracy

In_Remission_Tracy
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Anyone taking Invega for treatment resistant depression? The Cymbalta wasn't enough anymore. I was in a major depressive state and wasn't able to pull out of it. Three weeks ago my doc put me on 3mg Invega for a week and then increased it to 6mg. The first two days at 6mg, I had severe brain fog and was a blithering idiot, but then it subsided and has just gotten better ever since. It's the best thing since sliced bread for me! I haven't felt this clear and happy in years!

I had never heard of Invega so when I left my docs ofc, I looked it up on the web. I can only find info on it being prescribed for Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar mania. NOTHING on depression except that it could CAUSE depression. I trust my doc and at the time would have tried anything to feel better, so I took it and now I am sooooooo glad I did.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this or am I the lone weirdo?!? :mad:

#2 FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

interesting, did you feel anything before going up to 6mg?

#3 Serpens

Serpens

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Diagnoses:GAD w/Panic and Major Depression Symptoms
  • Current Meds:Emsam 6mg/24hr, .25mg Xanax prn

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Invega=Risperdal.

And honestly, no, I've never heard of the thing being used for depression.
Hmm. Actually I think one of my doctors mentioned severely atypical depression sometimes responding to AAPs.

#4 Anna

Anna

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, most recent episode Mixed
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Risperdal, Depakote, Provigil, Neurontin.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

Invega=Risperdal.

And honestly, no, I've never heard of the thing being used for depression.
Hmm. Actually I think one of my doctors mentioned severely atypical depression sometimes responding to AAPs.

Invega== rispedal, yes.

Phelps's site mentions that rispedal can have a significant AD effect (with the associated studies). psycheducation.org

I came off risperdal a couple months ago, and had a significant increase in depression. I am now back on 3 m.g. and I find that, yes, it does have a significant ad effect. Much more so (in my opinion) than seroquel, which is also touted for that purpose.

Risperdal to me has this kind of "blunt" ad effect, where I am more functional, overall, and able to manage things. I get into agitated depressions, it is definitely helpful with that. I am functioning better after a couple of weeks on risperdol (before that, I was a big mess, believe me).

I find that the more days I'm on risp., the better I am doing. I was pretty surprised.

Anna
Anna

Diagnosed Bipolar Type I, most recently Mixed.

Current Meds: Seroquel, Risperdal, Neurontin, Provigil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud