Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Invega For Depression?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Tracy

In_Remission_Tracy
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Anyone taking Invega for treatment resistant depression? The Cymbalta wasn't enough anymore. I was in a major depressive state and wasn't able to pull out of it. Three weeks ago my doc put me on 3mg Invega for a week and then increased it to 6mg. The first two days at 6mg, I had severe brain fog and was a blithering idiot, but then it subsided and has just gotten better ever since. It's the best thing since sliced bread for me! I haven't felt this clear and happy in years!

I had never heard of Invega so when I left my docs ofc, I looked it up on the web. I can only find info on it being prescribed for Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar mania. NOTHING on depression except that it could CAUSE depression. I trust my doc and at the time would have tried anything to feel better, so I took it and now I am sooooooo glad I did.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this or am I the lone weirdo?!? :mad:

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

interesting, did you feel anything before going up to 6mg?

#3 Serpens

Serpens

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • Diagnoses:GAD w/Panic and Major Depression Symptoms
  • Current Meds:Emsam 6mg/24hr, .25mg Xanax prn

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Invega=Risperdal.

And honestly, no, I've never heard of the thing being used for depression.
Hmm. Actually I think one of my doctors mentioned severely atypical depression sometimes responding to AAPs.

#4 Anna

Anna

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, most recent episode Mixed
  • Current Meds:Seroquel, Risperdal, Depakote, Provigil, Neurontin.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

Invega=Risperdal.

And honestly, no, I've never heard of the thing being used for depression.
Hmm. Actually I think one of my doctors mentioned severely atypical depression sometimes responding to AAPs.

Invega== rispedal, yes.

Phelps's site mentions that rispedal can have a significant AD effect (with the associated studies). psycheducation.org

I came off risperdal a couple months ago, and had a significant increase in depression. I am now back on 3 m.g. and I find that, yes, it does have a significant ad effect. Much more so (in my opinion) than seroquel, which is also touted for that purpose.

Risperdal to me has this kind of "blunt" ad effect, where I am more functional, overall, and able to manage things. I get into agitated depressions, it is definitely helpful with that. I am functioning better after a couple of weeks on risperdol (before that, I was a big mess, believe me).

I find that the more days I'm on risp., the better I am doing. I was pretty surprised.

Anna
Anna

Diagnosed Bipolar Type I, most recently Mixed.

Current Meds: Seroquel, Risperdal, Neurontin, Provigil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog