Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Fetzima

30 replies to this topic

#1 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar I

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

My pdoc just asked me today if there had been discussion of Fetzima, a new antidepressant from Forest that's just FDA approved (a long way from his original dismissive attitude towards Crazy Meds). Told him I hadn't seen anything. I'm in the market for a new AD to replace Viibryd. Has anyone heard anything about this new drug?

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Luvox 100mg;  Lamictal 200mg;  

For sleep (rotating):   trazadone 50-100mg;  Lunesta 3mg;  Seroquel 50mg  

Prn: Xanax up to 3mg;

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel, Abilify,  Ambien,  Wellbutrin, Viibryd

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 PlatypusBear

PlatypusBear

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Current Meds:See Signature

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well, there was no difference in incidence of bipolar symptoms appearing between placebo and treatment in their studies (.2% occurrence for both).  It's far too soon to say about most side effects, and they do give a generic warning about bipolar, but I think that stat is more promising than not.

Looks like blood pressure, heart rate, glaucoma, sexual dysfunction, and digestive problems are the main things to look out for.  It's an SNRI, and they are mostly assuming for now to watch out for any common issues that arise on SNRIs, even if their studies didn't show it.  It's too soon for lots of postmarketing reports or case studies.

I haven't looked at any independent papers, just the info they gave on their website.

Current meds: Lamotrigine 225 mg, buspirone 15 mg b.i.d. + 7.5 mg AM, cyclobenzaprine 2.5 mg, zolpidem 5-10 mg PRN, methocarbamol 500 mg PRN, Mircette (OCP), fish oil (800 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA), methylphenidate IR 5 mg or Ritalin LA 10 mg PRN

Past meds: Bupropion XL 150 mg, fluoxetine 40 mg

#3 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Well, there was no difference in incidence of bipolar symptoms appearing between placebo and treatment in their studies a generic warning about bipolar... but I think that stat is more promising than not.

Not sure what you mean by "bipolar symptoms". Are you/they counting depression as a bipolar symptom? Or are you/they talking about drug induced mania?

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Luvox 100mg;  Lamictal 200mg;  

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel, Abilify,  Ambien,  Wellbutrin, Viibryd

#4 PlatypusBear

PlatypusBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Incidences of mania/hypomania.  So within their three studies, it would seem that there was as much placebo induced mania as drug induced mania.  It only has an approval for major depressive disorder, not bipolar, but I think the numbers are tentatively promising.  Since you have a mood stabilizer and (I'm assuming) know all the usual warnings about SSRIs and SNRIs and bipolar, it seems like a reasonable option if other things aren't working.

"Symptoms of mania/hypomania were reported in 0.2% of FETZIMA-treated patients and 0.2% of placebo-treated patients in clinical studies. As with all antidepressants, FETZIMA should be used cautiously in patients with a history or family history of bipolar disorder, mania or hypomania. Prior to initiating treatment with FETZIMA, patients should be adequately screened to determine if they are at risk for bipolar disorder. FETZIMA is not approved for use in treating bipolar depression."

Current meds: Lamotrigine 225 mg, buspirone 15 mg b.i.d. + 7.5 mg AM, cyclobenzaprine 2.5 mg, zolpidem 5-10 mg PRN, methocarbamol 500 mg PRN, Mircette (OCP), fish oil (800 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA), methylphenidate IR 5 mg or Ritalin LA 10 mg PRN

#5 CeremonyNewOrder

CeremonyNewOrder

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective Disorder (bipolar type), Sleep Apnea, Hypothyroidism
  • Current Meds:Lithium ER 1800mg, Zyprexa 10mg, Effexor ER 150 mg Levothyroxine 0.05mg

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

never heard of it until now

Past RX: Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, Resperidone, Haldol, Seroquel, Abilify, Ativan, Valium, Doxepin, Tegretol, Depakote, Latuda, Clomipramine, Restoril, Trazodone, Remeron

#6 korey1015

korey1015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression, Social Phobia
  • Current Meds:check my signature

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

It seems to be an isomer of Savella (milnacipan), which I think is only approved for use in treating fibromyalgia pain in the US but is used for depression everywhere else (under the brand Ixel, I think). I want to say I've seen a few posts here from people who were prescribed Savella off label for depression, but I can't remember if there was a general consensus as to its effectiveness. But I would think if Savella was worth a flip for depression, Fetzima might be worth a look too. I think it's similar to Celexa/Lexapro and Effexor/Pristiq - if the old one worked well for depression but had side effects, the new one should be just as effective (if not more) for depression without the side effects. Or something.

Wasn't it Savella that had the god awful/hilarious adverse incident of causing some guy to ejaculate while crapping? I remember Jared posting that here, and it's not exactly something to forget, lol. I wonder if they tested to make sure Fetzima doesn't cause the same thing or similar. Just think if it caused the same thing but in reverse order - involuntary bowel evacuation immediately post-orgasm. Hah! That would be just wow. Oh god, I need to go to bed.

Current Rx:
Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Eskalith CR 900mg, Luvox 200mg, and Restoril 30mg

Things I have been prescribed:
Lexapro (escitalopram), Zoloft (sertraline), Celexa (citalopram), Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine), Luvox (fluvoxamine), Effexor XR (venlafaxine), Remeron (mirtazapine), Wellbutrin SR/XL (bupropion), Eskalith CR (lithium), Topamax (topiramate), Valium (diazepam), Xanax (alprazolam), Ativan (lorazepam), Tranxene (clorazepate), Ambien (zolpidem), Restoril (temazepam), Rozerem (ramelteon), Desyrel (trazodone), Ritalin (methylphenidate), Adderall (amphetamine salts), Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine), Inderal (propranolol), Lopressor (metoprolol), Thorazine (chlorpromazine), Lamictal (lamotrigine), Abilify (aripiprazole), Depakote (divalproex), Geodon (ziprasidone), Sinequan (doxepin), Somnote (chloral hydrate), ProSom (estazolam)

#7 Onlyme

Onlyme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD, GAD
  • Current Meds:300mg Venlafaxen ER (2-150mg daily doses) 100 mg bupropion , klonopin 2 mg/day, 100 mg seroquel

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

I wonder what kind of discontinuation symptoms it has, if they are as bad as effexor, it being the gold standard for discontinuation symptoms and all.

What? Me worry?

meds tried so far, cymbalta caused SEVERE sweating, wellbutrin + ativan, ativan worked but there was no effect from welbutrin, celexa + ativan, same effect. lexapro, no effect. lamictal, vivid bloody nightmares, fluoxitine was a bad trip.

#8 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

And here I am again. My pdoc gave me a PI for Fetzima (which is in glossy magazine form). Just wondered if anyone had tried it yet. I don't really want to be one of the first to try it.

#9 Akashic Librarian

Akashic Librarian

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100 mg Fetzima 80 mg Wellbutrin SR 150 mg

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Discontinuing Viibryd and starting Fetzima tomorrow. I hope it works - just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I'll post my results.
Current Meds: Viibryd 40 mg Lamictal 100 mg Wellbutrin SL 100 mg Tramadol 200 mg, Remeron 7.5 mg prn

Previous Meds: Saphris, Latuda, Prozac - many others that I took years ago and cannot recall.

#10 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Discontinuing Viibryd and starting Fetzima tomorrow. I hope it works - just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I'll post my results.

I've just started on my Viibryd d/c. Still not sure what I'm going to replace it with (Not knowing makes it seem all new and shiny--like Christmas before morning. No side effects to my unknown Viibryd replacement; just magic.)  I wish you will please for sure let us know what's happening for you with the Fetzima, Akashic Librarian!

#11 windsock

windsock

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Meds:Xanax, Fetzima

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

just started fetzima 5 days ago, got the same card from my pdoc, find out its like a $100 copay for it.  but im gonna try the free months worth and see if i see any improvements. and then decided if it's worth it.  but 1st one's free ;) 

40mg a day

Side Effects: edgyness, constipation... about the same when i started zoloft.  I'll keep ya;ll posted.

-Wind

#12 babba

babba

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar II, depression, anxiety, OCD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Celexa, Xanax, Trazodone

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Is there anything you can report? 

I've been on Viibryd for about three months and it's done nothing for me.  I begin discontinuing Viibryd and start Fetzima tomorrow and I'm hoping for something positive to happen.

Current meds:  Lamictal, Celexa, Xanax 0.25, Trazodone 100mg, Verapamil, Metaxalone, Tramadol, Percocet

Past meds:  Fetzima (anger issues), Viibryd (zero results), Prozac (mania, couldn't pee), Lexapro (pooped out), Ambien (sleepwalking), Remeron (slept most of day, craved sugar, had a zero IQ), Topomax (stomach pain, couldn't sleep, stupid syndrome), Pristiq (got a rash), Cymbalta (got a rash), Gabapentin (weight gain), Zoloft (pooped out), Paxil (pooped out), Lunesta (pooped out), Lyrica (?), Trileptal (disoriented, tired)

#13 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Some little talk about Fetzima experience from Crazyboards here. Seems like pro vs con = energizing vs edginess.

#14 Akashic Librarian

Akashic Librarian

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal 100 mg Fetzima 80 mg Wellbutrin SR 150 mg

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

I've been on Viibryd for about three months and it's done nothing for me.  I begin discontinuing Viibryd and start Fetzima tomorrow and I'm hoping for something positive to happen.

Started at 20 mg for two days, then up to 40 mg. The first day or two I was extremely manic - couldn't sleep, racing thoughts, nausea. I held on because I so wanted it to work. Now it's almost 2 weeks later and I feel more energized. I don't need to sleep 10-11 hours a day.  I've stopped taking my second dose of tramadol in the afternoon as it made me too hyper and I couldn't sleep. Am I less depressed? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm outside of myself - calm and distant. It's an improvement over the blackness so I'll go with it and see how it works out.

Current Meds: Viibryd 40 mg Lamictal 100 mg Wellbutrin SL 100 mg Tramadol 200 mg, Remeron 7.5 mg prn

Previous Meds: Saphris, Latuda, Prozac - many others that I took years ago and cannot recall.

#15 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 400, CLZ 2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.5-1

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ok, sorry about this, but I simply hate marketing departments.

What is the primary market for this drug? Fetzima? Seriously? Are we going for Fatima ( Hispanic or Middle Eastern - two cultures with major MI stigmas) ?

Is it Fet Zuh Ma or Fet Zee Ma ?

I really am interested in this. Because I chase yarn of this sort.

Dymphna

ETA

Ding ding ding - we have a winner! Forest Labs USA has licensed the rights to produce Fetzima from Pierre Fabre, Canada, who developed the molecule:

DEPRESSIVE DISORDERS
Global presence

Our presence in the field of depressive disorders extends over 45 countries, including many European countries (Austria, Finland, France, Portugal, Russia, etc.), as well as Japan, the Middle East, in several Latin American countries (Argentina, Chile, Mexico).

In 2008, we signed a license agreement with the American pharmaceutical company Forest Laboratories, Inc. to develop an antidepressant using a molecule discovered by the Pierre Fabre research teams. Data from Phase III studies, finalized in 2012, has recently enabled us to submit a registration dossier with the US health authorities (Food and Drug Administration).

I might add that France has a HUGE Middle Eastern immigrant population. The other countries? Hell if I know - the drugs in Europe and Japan usually have weird-ass names anyway...

What I *do* know is that the name doesn't have a damn thing to do with the chemical name or what it does. (Wellbutrin, Abilify, Seroquel...)

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#16 Onlyme

Onlyme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Current Meds:300mg Venlafaxen ER (2-150mg daily doses) 100 mg bupropion , klonopin 2 mg/day, 100 mg seroquel

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

My pdoc pronounced it Fet zim a, zim as in Jim.

What? Me worry?

meds tried so far, cymbalta caused SEVERE sweating, wellbutrin + ativan, ativan worked but there was no effect from welbutrin, celexa + ativan, same effect. lexapro, no effect. lamictal, vivid bloody nightmares, fluoxitine was a bad trip.

#17 babba

babba

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Started at 20 mg for two days, then up to 40 mg. The first day or two I was extremely manic - couldn't sleep, racing thoughts, nausea. I held on because I so wanted it to work. Now it's almost 2 weeks later and I feel more energized. I don't need to sleep 10-11 hours a day.  I've stopped taking my second dose of tramadol in the afternoon as it made me too hyper and I couldn't sleep. Am I less depressed? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm outside of myself - calm and distant. It's an improvement over the blackness so I'll go with it and see how it works out.

Thanks for the info, Akashic Librarian.

Yeah, my first two days of the 20mg Fetzima I was on a fast bus to Crankytown.  And constipated. 

More energy and less sleep sound wonderful.

Current meds:  Lamictal, Celexa, Xanax 0.25, Trazodone 100mg, Verapamil, Metaxalone, Tramadol, Percocet

Past meds:  Fetzima (anger issues), Viibryd (zero results), Prozac (mania, couldn't pee), Lexapro (pooped out), Ambien (sleepwalking), Remeron (slept most of day, craved sugar, had a zero IQ), Topomax (stomach pain, couldn't sleep, stupid syndrome), Pristiq (got a rash), Cymbalta (got a rash), Gabapentin (weight gain), Zoloft (pooped out), Paxil (pooped out), Lunesta (pooped out), Lyrica (?), Trileptal (disoriented, tired)

#18 sweettalk2013

sweettalk2013

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major Depression Disorder, OCD, ADHD and PTSD
  • Current Meds:Fetzima 80mg daily, Concerta ER 54 1x daily and Neurontin 400mg 3x daily

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

I discontinued Viibryd after 2 years of the same 40 mg dosage because it lost its luster. I have been on Fetzima now going on week four. My dosage is at 80mg once daily. I am absolutely loving it! I'm focused in every aspect of my life and cannot believe the completed and continual orgasms I'm experiencing again! Sorry if that is TMI but seriously folks, I'm not getting any younger and most of meds in the past kept my body from having one!!! I've been on medications since I was in my late teens. Of all the cocktails I've tried, this one is working with me very nicely. I also take Concerta ER 54 mg once daily. The side effects I'm experiencing are minimal and nothing in comparison to the others I've been on. I'm kicking ass and feeling great! Good luck everyone :-)

#19 babba

babba

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Well I'm officially done with Fetzima after being on it for two weeks.  'Edgy' doesn't begin to describe what I felt.  Pure rage over the smallest things was almost a daily occurence.  And I wanted to tell every person what I thought they were doing wrong.  It seemed as if I lost my filter for good behavior.

Saw my pdoc at the two week mark.  I knew that I was his first patient on Fetzima.  Another doctor in the office had been on the Fetzima 'board' (?) or whatever a doc goes through to have their hands on the drug first.  After hearing what my experience was, my doc consulted with the other doc while I waited.  My doc came back and said that this 'anger' seemed common and that according to the other doc, seems to go away with other patients.  They said the norepinephrine was the culprit.  But my doc said he had never seen me like this and knew this was out of character for me.  So we agreed to stop it - 20mg for two days while I began Celexa 20mg, and Lamictal 25mg for two weeks and then 50mg after that.  I've never been on a mood stabilizer before.

I've been on so many SSRIs with the best result being Lexapro for a year before it pooped on me about six months ago.  The rest didn't seem to work or I had some horrible side effect.  I think my doc is running out of options, thus the SNRI.  He asked me questions about any bipolar experiences I've had.  I'm really not well versed in Bipolar but have been trying to learn about it here on Crazymeds.  The only mania I've had is a recent Prozac induced one.  One day about six months ago I felt like I couldn't buy enough stuff, only one day.  I have days where I need to make lists and do a lot and then days when I'm usually exhausted and down but feel that's because I have a screwed up back.

Can anyone suggest a link or good book for bipolar 101?  Thanks.

#20 GetOffMyLawn

GetOffMyLawn

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Diagnoses:Rapid-Cycle BP2 with Borderline features; PTSD
  • Current Meds:LTG 300mg, BPR XL 450mg, SRT 50mg, TPM 300mg, RIS .5mg

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

A good resource on bipolar, particularly bipolar 2, is Dr. Phelps's site at psycheducation.org

I also appreciated Dr. Fieve's books when I was doing my initial research.

You're already doing lamotrigine. Why is that?

Current Meds: Lamotrigine 300mg, Buproprion XL 450mg, Sertraline 50mg, Topiramate 300mg, Risperidone .5mg
Past Meds: Paroxetine, Escitalopram
Current Non-Psych: Lovastatin, Baby Aspirin

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
Til the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays light fools the way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle!
Life is but a walking shadow,
A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage
Then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot,
Full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

#21 aibelle

aibelle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

after 3 days it has made me super super edgy. I dont know if I continue it will wane or not. It's hard when you have kids.....i can't afford rage around them.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

#22 babba

babba

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

A good resource on bipolar, particularly bipolar 2, is Dr. Phelps's site at psycheducation.org

I also appreciated Dr. Fieve's books when I was doing my initial research.

You're already doing lamotrigine. Why is that?

Thanks for the resources, much appreciated.

I just started lamotrigine, along with the Celexa, two days ago.  They replace the Fetzima.

#23 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

My pdoc says sales rep pronounced it fet ZEE muh. Not really a friendly name. He thinks it's funny that Forest is competing with itself over Viibryd vs Fetzima.

#24 dymphna

dymphna

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Diagnoses:Suck-Ass Epilepsy, Perma-Migraine, Endocrine Hell, Associated Mood Crap
  • Current Meds:LTG 600, TPA 400, CLZ 2, Dostinex 0.5, Zoloft 0.5-1

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

My pdoc says sales rep pronounced it fet ZEE muh. Not really a friendly name. He thinks it's funny that Forest is competing with itself over Viibryd vs Fetzima.

Fetzima is newer in the pipeline. That means its patent will expire later than Vibryd's will. It is just good business.

D

Yes, my name really is Dymphna.

I'm not a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or therapist.

I can find you an answer and I won't blow smoke up your ass.

St. Dymphna is the Patron for brain maladies.

I'm the Enforcer.

eqnmrt.jpg

#25 Demento

Demento

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD, Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Celexa 20 mg, Remeron 45 mg, Lamictal 200 mg, Abilify 30 mg, Carbamazepine 800 mg, Ritalin 30 mg

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Since this could be a med in my future, I have a question. When you say that it makes you "edgy," what do you mean? Irritable? Agitated?

#26 aibelle

aibelle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yes, irritable & agiated. All the above. I have kids so everything is bugging the hell out of me. The trial dose has you go 20mg 2 day then up to 40. I could not do the 40 so I am just pouring half out and doing the 20. I am super sensitive to meds so I may keep it at 20 if I seem to do alright on it. A lot of meds make me agitated though. Lexapro did also.

#27 lonedog123

lonedog123

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:MDD, Panic disorder w agoraphobia
  • Current Meds:adderall, zoloft, geodon, buspar, wellbutrin, neutontin, xanax

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

My doctor put me on this as I have tried everything else and this is supposed to have no sexual side effects.  Fetzima can affect heart rate and I am trying to exercise as I feel it does more for me  than any drug.  Took my exercise class which is circuit training.  After the cool down I asked the instructor to take my pulse as I was curious if the Fetzima had any effect.  It was 120!! I asked the instructor if this was high and he said that he would not expect it to be that high after the cool down maybe I should consider wearing a heart monitor.  Being that I have panic disorder, a high heart rate is not a good thing.  SO, I have stopped the drug. 

Also tried Brintellix which was also approved late last year and is a SSRI but hits more receptor sites than the usual.  So I thought that might be a good thing.  The doc did not have samples so I asked him to only prescribe me a few, knowing how quickly I stop taking new meds.  He prescribed 60 pills which cost me $199 with insurance.  I'm not sure if it was the drug or just the situation I was going through, but I was mood swinging something terrible which I usually don't do.  would feel super good, then drop like a rock, then start freaking out because this drug is so new I knew I was being an FDA guinea pig and decided that wasn't for me.  So off of it I went. 

#28 aibelle

aibelle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

I am on nothing. After the side effects from Fetzima and withdrawal from zoloft. I'm done for now. Trying natural.alternatives. I have heart palpatations still after weaning of the zoloft. It has kind of freaked me out.

#29 PlatypusBear

PlatypusBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Aibelle: If you are super med sensitive, see if you can get your doctor to order and your insurance to cover a genetic test that looks at your liver enzymes.  These tests can show if you have a known variation of liver enzymes which do a lot of drug metabolism, and will give you a good idea which meds you might need tiny doses of and which ones you might be able to take normal doses of.

#30 aibelle

aibelle

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

interesting. i am sensitive to all meds. i will keep that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts