Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Initial Sedation Of Latuda?

5 replies to this topic

#1 CeremonyNewOrder

CeremonyNewOrder

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective Disorder (bipolar type), Sleep Apnea, Hypothyroidism
  • Current Meds:Lithium ER 1800mg, Zyprexa 10mg, Effexor ER 150 mg Levothyroxine 0.05mg

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I was prescribed Latuda 40mg in the hospital last week and it did nothing for me at first. However, two nights ago I took it for the first time with dinner. Ever since I have been massively sedated and have even stopped my sleeping meds and still I just want to sleep all day. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did it go away? So far it hasn't changed my mood.

Past RX: Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, Resperidone, Haldol, Seroquel, Abilify, Ativan, Valium, Doxepin, Tegretol, Depakote, Latuda, Clomipramine, Restoril, Trazodone, Remeron

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 aeydenorion

aeydenorion

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Diagnoses:Major Depressive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder
  • Current Meds:Trazadone

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm new latuda, been in the 40mg a little over a week. And I can say I'm right there with you. I want to sleep all the time and I can't focus on class or school work because I'm so tired.
Can't say I know if it stops but can say you're certainly not alone.

My Things: MDD, GAD, OCD tendencies,SI, Bulimia/EDNOS, possible underlying BPD, and some form of dermatillomania.

Current Meds: Trazadone, Topiramate, Vitamin D-3 (when I take it)

Former Meds: Citalopram (Celexa), Venlafaxine (Effexor),Viibryd, Lexapro, Imipramine HCL, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Latuda, Wellbutrin, Seroquel XR and Nuvigil.

#3 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar I

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't recall ever feeling sleepy from Latuda.

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Lamictal 200mg;  Wellbutrin 150 mg;

For sleep (rotating):   trazodone 50-100mg;  Lunesta 3mg;  Seroquel 50mg  

Prn: Xanax up to 3mg;

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel,  Abilify,  Ambien, Viibryd, Chantix, Luvox

#4 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1 Mixed, Rapid-cycling, C-PTSD, BPD
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

It is a little sedating about two hours after taking it, but that's it for me.
<p>Daily Crazy Meds: Fetzima 80mg, Latuda 80mg, Concerta 18mg, quetiapine 100mg, guanfacine 1mg, Lorazepam 1mg PRN

#5 ctalk

ctalk

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II, GAD, Panic Disorder, Hypothyroidism
  • Current Meds:Lithium ER 750mg, Zoloft 25mg, Seroquel 25mg, Provigil PRN, Ativan PRN, Synthroid

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm having a strange mix of sedation and mild akathisia from Latuda that occur simultaneously. I get really sleepy an hour or two after taking it, but I also get a huge urge to move and specifically use my hands. Currently on only 20mg as I am very sensitive to meds. Had to lower from 40mg because the I was so sleepy, all I wanted to do was lie down, yet akathisia was so bad that I couldn't sit still and was considering knocking myself unconscious. 

The sedation part has been unpredictable. Some nights I get really sleepy very quickly, and some nights not so much. But the akathisia is there and will keep me up all night if the Latuda induced sleepiness is milder on a given night. The nights are so different, I sometimes question if it is the Latuda causing sedation, but I couldn't put a finger on anything else that could cause the remarkable somnolence.

"Some are born mad. Some remain so."

-Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Past:  Zeldox, Latuda, Moclobemide, Mirapex, Saphris, Depakote, Concerta, Modafinil, Tegretol, Abilify, Effexor, Lamictal, Imovane, Luvox, Wellbutrin, Trazadone, Clonazepam, Zyprexa, Celexa, and one full course of bilateral ECT.

#6 PacketPrincess

PacketPrincess

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Diagnoses:Rapid-cycle BPII, PTSD
  • Current Meds:olanzapine 2.5mg PRN

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Try taking it at night. I initially was taking Latuda in the morning because it is supposed to be activating, but I figured out there is a cycle to Latuda, it initially makes me very sleepy, then a few hours later I feel activated. So I switched dosing to bedtime so I sleep through the sedative part. It is sometimes hard to get up in the morning but once I'm up it gives me good energy. 

Current Dx: BP II, PTSD 

Current meds: olanzapine 2.5mg PRN 

Past Dx: Depression, Panic disorder. 

Past Meds: sertraline, lorazepam, tranylcypromine, Seroquel, Abilify, lithium, lamotrigine, valproate, Latuda, oxcarbazepine, risperidone.

"Remember, there is no reliable way to distinguish a catatonic from a mystic" - Sanjay Nigam, "The Transplanted Man"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog