Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

5-Htp And Tegretol Xr

Tegretol XR 5-HTP klonopin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 moonfroot

moonfroot

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Diagnoses:Treatment resistant MDD, PTSD, OCD, GAD, Transgender
  • Current Meds:Listed in signature

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm curious, has anyone advised for or against taking 5-HTP supplements with Tegretol XR 100mg or Klonopin? They are the only crazymeds I'm on, but my sig shows everything I take. Would appreciate some info.

My reason behind the question is, after I started trials on Tegretol, being SSRI's & antipsycotics haven't worked, they figured to try me on anticonvulsant just to see if it would work. I am at an 'even low" now. Would think just a SMALL boost of serotonin would bring me up to an "even medium"? Don't want to take too many meds at once either. Just thoughts & research so far, and here seems like a good place to start. Thank you for your time!

Moonfroot =^..^=

Current friends:
Sertraline 12.5mg; Clonazepam 3mg; Carbamazapine 50mg; Desloratadine (Clarinex) 10mg (antihistamine); Metoprolol 50mg; Flonase nasal spray (allergies); Ketotifen allergy eye drops (allergies), Albuterol inhaler as needed, Symbicort inhaler 2x per day.

Of course (as needed) Allegra 180mg (allergies); Tylenol, Ibuprofen & Aspirin, 99mg Potassium (for leg cramps) & time release B vitamin complex, Benedryl 25mg when needed for sleep and allergies, gelatin to grow my shaved off hair back (long story...).

Things I've tried and failed for one reason or another:

Lexapro, Amitriptyline, Zoloft, Effexor XR, Paxil, Wellbutrin, BusPar, Risperdal, Abilify, Risperdal + Zoloft, Adderall, Xanax, Celexa, Viibryd, Benztropine, Latuda, Amantadine + Latuda, Seroquel, Mirtazapine. Nortriptyline. Imipramine, Prazosin.

(Trying Sertraline and Carbamazapine together now in the hopes of calming the side effects of Sertraline, keep your fingers crossed!!)

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog