Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Best Time Of The Day To Take Latuda

latuda

32 replies to this topic

#1 goexplode

goexplode

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder
  • Current Meds:Zyprexa, Tegretol, Imipramine, Serax, Cytomel, Synthroid, Hyoscyamine, Dexilant, Nadolol, Nifedipine

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been on Latuda for a few weeks now, and my psychiatrist just recently increased my dose to 120mg/day. I know that the medication needs to be taken with at least 350 calories to be effective, so that is no problem. But I was wondering what the best time of day to take the medication was. I know it has a half-life of 18 hours, so if I take it at night, will it poop out on me the next day? What are your experiences with it?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 akpotter

akpotter

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Latuda, Lunesta, Melatonin

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have been on 80 mg Latuda for about a month now. I have been taking it at dinner time and haven't had any problems with the effectiveness wearing off the next day. So far all my experiences are positive...very few side effects, and it has done a good job controlling my paranoia, delusions, and suicidal impulses.

#3 bipolar librarian

bipolar librarian

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

18 hours, eh? That would explain the not so good moods in the morning.

I take mine at breakfast because it seemed to interfere a bit with sleep. I take my lamictal in the mornings for the same reason. I can also get 350 calories in me at a more consistent time in the mornings than in the evenings. I wasn't aware of the 18 hour half-life, so THAT might explain waking up a bit low. I'll ask my pdoc next time I see him. I've just started less than a month ago, so can't really give much more assessment than that.

Dx Bipolar II 11 years ago
Current meds: Lamotrigine 300mg, lithium 300 mg, latuda 40 mg, xanax .25 mg PRN, synthroid 200 mcg, fish oil
Meds used prior to now: Prozac, Buspar, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, mirapex, abilify, seroquel, NAC

#4 goexplode

goexplode

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Meds:Zyprexa, Tegretol, Imipramine, Serax, Cytomel, Synthroid, Hyoscyamine, Dexilant, Nadolol, Nifedipine

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Talked to my psychiatrist, she said that it really doesn't matter what time of the day I take the Latuda, as long as I take it with a full meal.

#5 AnxietyGirl74

AnxietyGirl74

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, panic without agoraphobia, general anxiety, depression
  • Current Meds:Prozac, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Klonopin

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

I have been on 40 mgs for 2months and found the best time to take it was dinner time.
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know, right now, you can't tell, .but wait a while and maybe then you'll see, a different side of me." Matchbox Twenty

#6 goexplode

goexplode

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I tried taking it at night and woke up like raging Godzilla the next morning. Looks like I'll be sticking with it in the morning for the calming effect.

#7 Scout12

Scout12

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar Disorder 2
  • Current Meds:Latuda 80mg, Lexapro 20mg, Depakote ER1000mg, Trazodone 25mg, Cogentin 0.5mg bid, levocarnitine

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Dinner time works for me. Some mild nausea in the am when I wake up, which resolves with a light breakfast.
What a long strange trip it's been.

#8 baseru

baseru

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar I

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yes, and dinner time for me too. Besides the consistent 350 calories, I like to take my sleeping pill on an empty stomach since it's supposed to work better that way.

Latuda 60mg;   propranolol 80mg;  benztropine 0.25mg (akathisia);   Lamictal 200mg;  Wellbutrin 150 mg;

For sleep (rotating):   trazodone 50-100mg;  Lunesta 3mg;  Seroquel 50mg  

Prn: Xanax up to 3mg;

Efffexor,  Cymbalta,  Zoloft,  Valium,  clonazepam, Seroquel,  Abilify,  Ambien, Viibryd, Chantix, Luvox

#9 rogue

rogue

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar & ADHD

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hey all, just found this website so I made an account. Seems like a great place!

I was just put on Latuda 40 mg, Doc suggested I take it at night with dinner. Latuda is replacing Seroquel 150mg. But I'm staying up all night! I wake up every hour or so on the dot. I thought Latuda was supposed to have a calming effect? 

I don't know if my body is missing the Seroquel, or if it's the Latuda that's making me antsy. 

#10 Larkspur

Larkspur

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar ii, OCD, GAD, social phobia, attention deficit
  • Current Meds:Latuda, Lexapro, Wellbutrin XL, clonidine, PRN: Xanax, Restoril

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Dinner time for me. It doesn't make me crash like Seroquel did (I can still stay up and do things), but I sleep generally pretty well and I'll take temazepam every few nights if I'm having trouble.

When I first started Latuda, I had some early awakenings, but those have trailed off in the last few months. 

larkspur

Dx: bipolar ii; social anxiety disorder/social phobia, GAD, OCD, insomnia

#11 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 1 Mixed, Rapid-cycling, C-PTSD, BPD
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I just started it yesterday, and was prescribed to take it at night with the 350 calories. Specifically because it should help with my sleep disorder. Didn't sleep great, but that's not surprising. Will update when I have more info. I cannot yet tell what's going on.
<p>Daily Crazy Meds: Latuda 80mg, Fetzima 80mg, Vyvanse 50mg, Intuniv 2mg, quetiapine 100mg, Lorazepam 1mg PRN

#12 Mjs190

Mjs190

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hey all, just found this website so I made an account. Seems like a great place!

I was just put on Latuda 40 mg, Doc suggested I take it at night with dinner. Latuda is replacing Seroquel 150mg. But I'm staying up all night! I wake up every hour or so on the dot. I thought Latuda was supposed to have a calming effect? 

I don't know if my body is missing the Seroquel, or if it's the Latuda that's making me antsy.

Hey rogue, I too switched to Latuda this week from 150 mg of Seroquel. I was done with the constant oversedation from it's antihistaminergic effect! Anyways, I have a pretty good feeling that your sleep issue from stopping Seroquel and not necessarily from Latuda. The same thing happened to me, and within 2 nights I was much more normalized. I still feel weird going to sleep because I'm used to being sedated from Seroquel, so this is a new but welcome feeling. Good luck with Latuda! It has been really great for me thus far (6 days) and I hope it continues to be. I am rx'd it as an add-on to my AD for very obsessional OCD

Dx: OCD, ADHD-PI, "MDD - Moderate, Recurrent" (aka BP II?)

Rx: Seroquel XR 300 mg, Intuniv 4 mg

Past Rx: Zoloft, Effexor, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Concerta, Provigil, Klonopin, Abilify, Brintellix, Latuda, Risperdal, Prozac, Vyvanse, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Pristiq

#13 erbiumfiber

erbiumfiber

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression recently changed to Bipolar I
  • Current Meds:latuda 60mg klonopin 2mg wellbutrin 150mg fish oil

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

I was worried about Latuda intefering with sleep and also worried about possible akithisia so I got the OK to split the dose- half in the morning, half at night.  It's been a couple of weeks and so far, so good but I wake up early (hence this post at 5 AM and my reading these message boards...).

Drugs I used to take: Cymbalta, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Geodon, Abilify, Prozac, Effexor, Xanax, Lithium, Saphris, Lamictal, Pamelor, Seroquel, Zyprexa and probably some I forgot due to ECT.  Ask me about withdrawal, been through some serious bad times with some withdrawals...

#14 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Day Four.

I have been taking it with dinner around 630-730. I sleep maximum 3 hours/night, AS MY NORMAL ROUTINE. I awaken at 530am every day, if I have slept. I find every subsequent day I begin to notice I'm tired at around 130pm, then between 2-3pm I crash hard, and am done for the day. Still not sleeping. At the same time I started Latuda, I started 10mg Doxe-Pin, and haven't noticed a change in my sleep patterns. So. Not sure what that means to anyone.

But, from the time I awaken, until about 2pm, I have notched positive changes in those hours: less dwelling/spin-cycling on negative topics - they were out of control before, pulling me like a six-horse stagecoach. I get stuff done around the house. I hold it together in DBT group and am productive with the time instead of melting down. Most importantly, my anger/rage is less overwhelming, encompassing, isn't going to consume me. Don't get me wrong, it is there, just dulled. Sharper focus/concentration - I can track a thought from start to finish once in awhile and...maybe I am still smart and haven't actually lost my mind, nor have all my brain cells turned white, nor have I had a series of strokes that have made me dumb. A glimmer of hope maybe?

I have NOT noticed a lift in depression. I have had an increase in some public crying outbursts, and lower frustration threshhold in public. I have had four weepy crisis meltdowns in public and haven't had any before this med in many months.

Does any of that help you know when to take the pill? I'm crashing about 19 hours after I take the pill, and I start to feel the crash at 18 hours...exactly the half-life of the med. It seems to give me good performance 11-19 hours after taking it. So perhaps I'm taking it too early, and ideally this would be an evening-with-dessert, or a 350-calorie-snack-2-hours-before-bed pill. I'm going to try, starting tonight, to take it later, and see what happens.

I will report again :)

Edited by Moody, 11 September 2013 - 07:16 PM.

<p>Daily Crazy Meds: Latuda 80mg, Fetzima 80mg, Vyvanse 50mg, Intuniv 2mg, quetiapine 100mg, Lorazepam 1mg PRN

#15 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Reporting again, Day 7, now at 80mg of Latuda.

I can count on the 19-hour gap between when I take Latuda, and when I will begin to crash.

If I take it with dinner at 630pm, the next day at 130pm I will start to crash, and by 230-3pm, of no use to anyone. pooped out.
Same scenario,,,dinner @ 730pm, next day crash begins @ 230pm, by 330-4pm I'm pooped.
Again...dinner @ 830, crash next day from 330-5p.

Seems like a late dinner keeps me awake longer the next day, and also makes me tired as I enter evening, which I hope will help me sleep more.

I will report if any changes.

#16 mood_swing_schmood_schwing

mood_swing_schmood_schwing

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:bipolar depression, asperger's syndrome, gender identity disorder
  • Current Meds:latuda (varying dosage, still trying to find one that works)

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm on a 20mg dose for bipolar 2 and I take it a couple of hours before bedtime, since I'm an awful insomniac and the Latuda makes me sleep like I got hit in the head with a brick. I've read on here that it sometimes interferes with people's rest, and I've had the totally opposite reaction, I haven't slept this well for my entire adult life to date. It's also helped reduce the severity of my mood swings, so I'm pretty pleased with the drug overall.

So for me, between 8 and 10 pm is my ideal time for taking it.

#17 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Reporting again on Day 21, now at 120mg/day.

I find Latuda/Lurasidone has a mild sedative effect about 2 hours after taking it, and it is not interfering with my sleep.

I am absolutely confident of the 19 hours I have after taking it before I crash hard. So, 930-10pm would be ideal, to have the next-day crash start around 5pm. But that doesn't work out for me with dinner scheduling and other meds, so I take it between 7-8pm and take advantage of the sedative effect to assist me to sleep, along with Seroquel;) it does mean that the next afternoon I am super tired earlier than I wanted, around 3pm, but that's an okay trade-off for me for the benefits I'm getting.

#18 alliejay

alliejay

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression/anxiety/paranoia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I read that it has a sedating effect so I take it at night with 350 cals of dinner but for those of you that take it in the morning, what does it do for you that it doesn't do at night? just getting some suggestions

currently on Amoxapine (splat) and Abilify Maintena

#19 acorales

acorales

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Diagnoses:BPI, anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia
  • Current Meds:Lithium 1200, Halcion .5, Latuda 80, Paxil 40 Lorazapam1mg

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

I WAS TAKING MY 80 MG AT NIGHT BUT INTERFERED WITH SLEEP. I STARTED TAKING IN THE MORNING. I THINK SO FAR IT'S BETTER THAT WAY, FOR ME ANYWAY. I AM STILL HAVING A PROBLEM SLEEPING AND I WAKE UP AT 6 A.M AFTER WAKING UP SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE NIGHT. NOT SURE WHAT THATS ABOUT. I ALSO TAKE ATIVAN AND TRIAZALOM FOR SLEEP BUT NOT HELPING. THINK I NEED TO TALK TO MY DR ABOUT CHANGING SLEEP MED TO SOMETHING STRONGER.

#20 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm taking it 630-8pm, after dinner. Mildly sedating two hours after taking it. I don't sleep through the night, not Latuda's fault, just my way. The next-day crash has gotten less impactful, but I generally fade out early these days. My lights start to dim around two hours after dinner. Before Latuda, I either didn't go to bed until after midnight or 3:30am, and only stay there three hours, either way (so I was up at 3:30am on the early nights), so if anything, it has helped regulate my sleeping pattern by taking it at dinner.

#21 imbonkers

imbonkers

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 2 maybe w/psychosis?
  • Current Meds:None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

I, too, was having crash at about the 18 hour mark so pdoc has me taking 20 mg mid day to get over that hump. This is day 4 of trying that and it seemed to work. Last 3 days not so much. Checked with doc and he said to give it 5 days to work. I'll keep y'all posted if you like. I take 60 mg at around 7 pm.
Current Meds:
None for Bp, waiting for latuda to clear system before trying something else
Synthroid 112 mg
Bromocriptine 5 mg
Inderal
Xanax .5 mg as needed for sleep

Past meds:
Latuda
Wellbutrin
Nortryptilin
Prozac
Paxil
Cymbalta
Lamictal
Abilify
Depakote

#22 brooklyncrazies

brooklyncrazies

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:depressive bipolar with adhd

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

Was just prescribed Latuda recently (as an add-on to my antidepressant). This change came after a week stint on Abilify which would not allow me to sleep at night. I would lie awake or wake up every half to an hour and was forced to nap from 9-12 every morning so I wouldn't pass out. The problem is that I take care of my 11 month old during the day (and 5yr old) one day) and I just can't nap when I need to. So, I switched to Latuda after the pdoc suggested, but for some reason I still can't sleep at night. I take it with my other night time meds, which includes at least 1mg of xanax (but even 2mg does nothing). 

So, I was wondering how this would affect me if I took it in the morning? Since it seems to keep me awake, I can't see it making me tired in the morning if that's when I took it, but then again I seem to have the opposite effects from what meds usually have. Any suggestions? Thanks kindly 

#23 imbonkers

imbonkers

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 2 maybe w/psychosis?
  • Current Meds:None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

Had to stop latuda due to allergic reaction. Sigh.
Current Meds:
None for Bp, waiting for latuda to clear system before trying something else
Synthroid 112 mg
Bromocriptine 5 mg
Inderal
Xanax .5 mg as needed for sleep

Past meds:
Latuda
Wellbutrin
Nortryptilin
Prozac
Paxil
Cymbalta
Lamictal
Abilify
Depakote

#24 Mjs190

Mjs190

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

I have done two trials with Latuda. The first time I ever took it, it was at night. But when I did that I couldn't sleep; I found it pretty activating, so I switched to the morning.

The second time I tried Latuda I knew to take it in the AM, but it caused me a lot of akathisia, and my pdoc isn't a fan of adding a med to treat the side effects of a different med, so I switched to 0.5 mg of Risperdal, which I find very helpful. I think it has similar binding affinities for 5-HT2a and D2, so maybe thats why.

Dx: OCD, ADHD-PI, "MDD - Moderate, Recurrent" (aka BP II?)

Rx: Seroquel XR 300 mg, Intuniv 4 mg

Past Rx: Zoloft, Effexor, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Concerta, Provigil, Klonopin, Abilify, Brintellix, Latuda, Risperdal, Prozac, Vyvanse, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Pristiq

#25 Persephone

Persephone

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Chronic Fatigue, C-PTSD
  • Current Meds:Latuda 40mgs, Xanax 3mgs

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

I have been on this med for several months now and have been all over the goddamn place. Started at 20mgs and am now at 60, though am reconsidering that since I now sleep like there's no tomorrow. It is totally fucking with my daily routine of getting up at 5am and working for several hours, then doing yoga/pilates. For a while, it gave me energy and motivation like I've never had but did interfere with sleep. Now, I can't seem to stop sleeping. Am considering lowering the dose to see if that helps. 

When to take it is also an issue. Since I only eat once a day, in the afternoon, I would take it then. But I noticed that I would crash several hours after taking it, get irritable and lose all motivation. Someone else on here mentioned that effect, so i started taking it at night. Really not sure what to do now and just saw the doc. Won't be seeing him again for a month and can't call to discuss this. Ah, the joys of crazymeds :(

Previous meds
AD's: Prozac, Wellbutrin, Elavil, desipramine, Paxil, trazadone, Zoloft, Tofranil, Effexor, Nardil, Parnate
AC's: Tegretol, Depakote, Lamictal

AAP's: Geodon, Abilify, Seroquel
Other: Lithium, Ambien, Modafinil, Cytomel, Adderall

Supplements: Fish oil, Magnesium and B Vitamins

#26 Skyja

Skyja

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar 2, ADHD, GAD
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, lurasidone, effexor

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

I find for myself that if I take it (40mg) around 11 pm it with some ensure & a piece of fruit it works better for & doesn't poop out until around 6 pm. If I take it around supper time, a few hours later I get a strange restless feeling of panic and I start pacing about. It's not severe but annoying. This way I sleep through it. It's been a wonderful med for my depression, suicidal thoughts and anger.

#27 Moody

Moody

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Posting an update, now that I've been on Latuda for 9 months. I still get tired about 2 hours after taking it. I am no longer noticing the crash at the 18-hr mark - I think I have a steady level in my bloodstream. I take 80mg usually around 730pm - makes me nicely tired for bedtime, and no problems the next day. So for anyone starting the med, if you can keep with it, things seem to level out.

#28 liliae

liliae

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, PTSD, some kind of anxiety issue as well
  • Current Meds:Latuda 80mg, Wellbutrin XR 150mg, lorazapam .5mg PRN, trazadone 50mg PRN

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

I get terrible akathisia from latuda so I absolutley must take it right before I go to bed in the evenings. Ive been taking it this way for nearly a year and its been going well to avoid the akathisia this way. I dont know how all of you take it at all times of the day. I wish I could try taking it earlier in the day because from what I remember it made me feel pretty awake after a couple of hours, now I just sleep through all that. On the positive though the latuda doesnt let me sleep in. I wake up before my alarm clock every morning.

#29 acakes

acakes

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:Mood Disorder or Depression/Anxiety (two different docs opinions)
  • Current Meds:Lamictal / Zoloft

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Anyone else here take Latuda without food at bedtime? I never eat at a consistent time and I want to take Latuda at bedtime so I can sleep through any side effects. I'm not about to eat 350 calories at bedtime! And I'm too inconsistent with food anyways. I assume that taking 40mg without food is like taking 20mg with food. I am receiving the benefits from Latuda so it's working. I told my doc that I don't take it with food and he says it's ok becuase everyone metabolizes it differently. I just want to know if anyone else doesn't take it with food either, like me?

#30 acakes

acakes

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diagnoses:Mood Disorder or Depression/Anxiety (two different docs opinions)
  • Current Meds:Lamictal / Zoloft

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

I have been on this med for several months now and have been all over the goddamn place. Started at 20mgs and am now at 60, though am reconsidering that since I now sleep like there's no tomorrow. It is totally fucking with my daily routine of getting up at 5am and working for several hours, then doing yoga/pilates. For a while, it gave me energy and motivation like I've never had but did interfere with sleep. Now, I can't seem to stop sleeping. Am considering lowering the dose to see if that helps. 

When to take it is also an issue. Since I only eat once a day, in the afternoon, I would take it then. But I noticed that I would crash several hours after taking it, get irritable and lose all motivation. Someone else on here mentioned that effect, so i started taking it at night. Really not sure what to do now and just saw the doc. Won't be seeing him again for a month and can't call to discuss this. Ah, the joys of crazymeds :(

So you don't take yours with food either? I don't because I'm like you, I don't eat too many times a day. The latest might be 5:30 or 6pm. I cannot take the Latuda at dinner time or I will get tired and start to get side effects the rest of the evening. I want to take it at bedtime only and I'm not about to eat food with it. I think taking it without food is like taking half the dose. So I therefore take 40mg instead of 20mg. And it works. You might like sticking to the 40mg dose. Once I quit playing around with my doses and I settled on the right does, something just snapped a few days after that and it finally felt ok and noticed it working well. I also didn't feel yucky anymore.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: latuda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog