Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Batshit Crazy mug
Batshit Crazy
Photo

Deep Brain Stimulation By Brainsway (Deep Tms)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shelley

shelley

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Diagnoses:depression and insomnia general anxiety
  • Current Meds:Lexapro ambien Omega brite FishOils 7:1 EPA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

There is a newer TMS device developed by a company from Israel. It is considered deeper than TMS and it is more of a helmet device. The company is currently recruiting for a study on bipolar individuals here in the US. It is currently being used in the European Union. Has anyone had any experience with it for depression or bipolar?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 Coloradobr89

Coloradobr89

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

whats the big difference between ECT and TMS? the two consist in shock your brain. doesn't TMS produce seizure too?

#3 martasi2

martasi2

Ready for the MCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

whats the big difference between ECT and TMS? the two consist in shock your brain. doesn't TMS produce seizure too?

No, TMS doesn't cause seizures. It utilizes a system of magnets to produce its effects on the brain. Here's a brief description of TMS from the Mayo Clinic website:

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation

#4 Coloradobr89

Coloradobr89

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think doctors may get confused. I mean, they always studied biological and chemistry related to pharmacology to treat patients. And this is all about physics. Don't get me wrong, I believe everything completes each other, that's technology. But doctors weren't prepared for it. The study is focused on the after-effects, and if it works; oh ok so we should use it. Maybe future doctors (like me :smiley: ) will be more educated in this way. It's like the physicists knows how the damm machine works, but don't know how the brain work, and doctors vice versa. It's too vague

#5 Coloradobr89

Coloradobr89

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

do you have a link for this new device? I don't wanna be counter-productive here.

#6 shelley

shelley

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

I have been accepted in to the deep TMS coordinated from the company Brainsway. It is specifically for people that have Bipolar. I can stay on my meds (lithium and ambien). What is nice is that if I am in the sham group, the study allows me to have treatments with the TMS machine after I have completed the study (5 weeks later) for no cost!!!! I start in a week.

#7 Simba Cub

Simba Cub

Would-be Neurologist

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Diagnoses:Schizoaffective disorder of the depressive type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks
  • Current Meds:Alprazolam, Clozapine, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hope it works for you, shelley! Let us know how it turns out :)

Rich::

Diagnosed with: Schizoaffective Disorder of the Depressive Type; Panic; GAD; OCD; PTSD; Transient Ischaemic Attacks

Experience in: Alprazolam, Aripiprazole, Bupropion, Chlordiazepoxide, Citalopram, Clonazepam, Clozapine, Dothiepin, Duloxetine, ECT, EMDR, Fluoxetine, Imipramine, Lamotrigine, Lithium, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Moclobemide, Olanzapine, Paroxetine, Procyclidine, Propranolol, Quetiapine, Reboxetine, Risperidone, Sertraline, Sodium Valproate, Tranylcypromine, Trifluoperazine, Venlafaxine, Zolpidem, Zopiclone.

#8 shelley

shelley

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

One gal asked me for the website where they are currently performing TMS in a study for individuals that have Bi-polar.

ClinTrials.gov If you type in TMS, it is the 40th study on their list. There are many sites in the US that are recruiting. Even if the info on the website says "Not recruiting" call anyway. My site in NH was delayed in getting the info on the website and they are recruiting now.

#9 Mitsu

Mitsu

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Diagnoses:Depression and mild Anxiety
  • Current Meds:Buspar and Xanax

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Thank you!!

#10 shelley

shelley

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I have just completed my 8th day of treatment with deep TMS. Positives: a sense of calmness I have never felt before, and increased clarity. I now sense that I am receiving the real deal, as I have experienced what I can describe as a little bit of reverberation in my brain, usually at night when I have finished my day, in bed and still for a little while. I am not sure if this is related by did have a whopping headache last night, took tylenol and went to bed. The headache was gone in the morning. More to come.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions