Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs
Photo

Sc Senate Bill S. 1015

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nurse Ratched

Nurse Ratched

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar, Migraines
  • Current Meds:See signature

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

The South Carolina legislature is considering Senate Bill S. 1015 and House Bill H. 4569.

The Bills are very simple.

Healthcare providers/institutions will be required to offer the Patient a Release to permit sharing of information at the same time they provide their privacy policies. -- A "health care partner".

Can anyone explain these in further detail and offer opinions? NAMI website has youtube vid link about a suicide and encourages bills to be passed.

Current Meds: Lexapro 10 mgs, Topamax 300 mgs, Seroquel XR 200 mgs, Wellbutrin 300 mgs, Vistaril 50 mgs x4, Klonopin .5 mgs x3.

Former meds: Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Abilify, Lamictal, Geodon, Zyprexa, BuSpar, Xanax, Depakote, Trazodone, Ambien, Lithium, Risperdal, Doxepin,  Cogentin, Haldol, Saphris, Latuda, Neurontin.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 arieswmn

arieswmn

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP NOS
  • Current Meds:Zoloft 50 mg. Lamictal 150 mg. Fish Oil.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

I've always been happy that my information is private, seeing as my family and I don't see eye to eye on whether or not meds are acceptable. But I suppose if people want to sign a release, and it's their choice, it's ok.

However, I can envision situations where someone might sign a release and later regret it. If initially the patient and designated "healthcare partner" were getting along, and later the parents, spouses or whoeve didn't agree with the patient on their course of treatment.

previous drugs
Lexapro, Buspar, Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Keppra, Trileptal, Prozac.

#3 martasi2

martasi2

Ready for the MCAT

• Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP, GAD, OCD, asthma, migraine
  • Current Meds:keppra, ambien, QVAR

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

When you say "a Release to permit sharing of information" do you mean a release to allow a friend, family member or other authorized person to view patient medical records? This is pretty standard and is optional. I haven't read these bills, but this is probably being offered because it's not currently available in your state, or your legislature wants to clarify who has the right to patient medical information. There may have been unauthorized disclosures (to family members, friends or others) and it's necessary to have some laws that regulate disclosure of information.

Privacy policies usually contain disclosure information relating to the institution - for instance, billing clerks, LVNs and other employees may have access to personal information in order to perform their jobs. This is different from allowing a family member or friend to view medical records. If you have medical insurance (including Medicare), you also sign an authorization to allow access to certain medical records in order to process the claim. This usually doesn't include "therapy notes," and psychiatric records may require a separate authorization.

You an always call the offices of the state senators or representatives who sponsor these bills and ask for more info.
"I don't spend more than five minutes a month in the past. The past really is a
foreign country, and they do things differently there." (Raymond Carver)

#4 Nurse Ratched

Nurse Ratched

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Will allow info such as whether a person is hospitalized and where, what meds they're taking, whether or not they're still taking them, be able to talk to pdoc or tdoc. Seems invasive but maybe reassuring in the case of severe MI. Also seems like it could easily be abused. I'm not sure. It isn't my state, I live in a neighboring state, but it does interest me.

Current Meds: Lexapro 10 mgs, Topamax 300 mgs, Seroquel XR 200 mgs, Wellbutrin 300 mgs, Vistaril 50 mgs x4, Klonopin .5 mgs x3.

Former meds: Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Abilify, Lamictal, Geodon, Zyprexa, BuSpar, Xanax, Depakote, Trazodone, Ambien, Lithium, Risperdal, Doxepin,  Cogentin, Haldol, Saphris, Latuda, Neurontin.

#5 Nurse Ratched

Nurse Ratched

Would-be Neurologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

When you say "a Release to permit sharing of information" do you mean a release to allow a friend, family member or other authorized person to view patient medical records? This is pretty standard and is optional. I haven't read these bills, but this is probably being offered because it's not currently available in your state, or your legislature wants to clarify who has the right to patient medical information. There may have been unauthorized disclosures (to family members, friends or others) and it's necessary to have some laws that regulate disclosure of information.

Privacy policies usually contain disclosure information relating to the institution - for instance, billing clerks, LVNs and other employees may have access to personal information in order to perform their jobs. This is different from allowing a family member or friend to view medical records. If you have medical insurance (including Medicare), you also sign an authorization to allow access to certain medical records in order to process the claim. This usually doesn't include "therapy notes," and psychiatric records may require a separate authorization.

You an always call the offices of the state senators or representatives who sponsor these bills and ask for more info.

Forgot to say thanks for checking it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts