Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Been On Luvox For A Week..

luvox side effects

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zombiexcandy

zombiexcandy

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

So I've been on luvox for about a week now for my OCD and anxiety..and it has already helped some with my anxiety..but its making me horridly tired. i take it in the AM because when i took it at night i was not sleeping at all and i take saphris which knocks me out completly. soo i was not functioning at all that way so i starting taking the luvox in the morining and its really strange because for the first half of my day im really activated and alert but at about 5-6pm i am exhausted and by 8pm i am ready to be out like a light. this is a problem since i am a second shift worker and am usualy up until at least 11pm or 12am most nights.
Is this going to fade or am i going to be this zonked out forever?
so far it seems to be the only side effect.. i was taking trazadone in addition and that made it worse along with nausea, but i stopped the trazadone and i feel a little better.

also does anyone have any problems with their body temperature dropping? or am i just experiancing a coincidence? because i have been freezing!!

thanks!!

Meds I'm on: Topamax (400mg), Saphris (15mg), Luvox (250mg), Ativan 2mg, Cogentin 1mg, propananol 10mg prn, Vitamin B12, Acidophilis (10 billion), Ortho cyclin (BC)

Meds I've tried: Lithium, Geodon, Abilify, Buspar, Klonapin, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Lamictal, Triliptal, Adderal, Proponalol, Trazadone, Fanapt, Paxil, Depakote, Prozac, Lexapro

(thats all I can remember at this time..)

Everything thats wrong with me: Border line personality disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder, poly substance abuse, polycystic ovarian syndrome, migraines, Bi polar type I w/ rapid cycling and psychosis, asthma, plantar fasciatis, borderline diabetes. fibromyalgia,dystonia

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 gregman76

gregman76

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Diagnoses:ocd
  • Current Meds:fluvoxamine maleate

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hopefully i can help answer some of your questions and put your mind at ease...I have been on luvox for almost 20 years now, i was started on 25mg tablets, and worked up to 300mg a day...I have been on 200mg daily for about 10 years or so...For me it was nice because i never had one side effect from it, and all my ocd symptoms went away...however after being on it all this time, i think it may not be working as well as ive had some symptoms lately...You mention being cold all the time, have a thyroid test done, simple lab work can pick up alot....Luvox may not even be the right approach for you, may make things worse...im here to help though , any questions let me know please!!

#3 AnxietyGirl74

AnxietyGirl74

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Diagnoses:OCD, panic without agoraphobia, general anxiety, depression
  • Current Meds:Zoloft, Abilify, Nuvigil, Wellbutrin, Klonopin

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi. I always took my Luvox CR 300 at night right before bed because it would make me really sleepy. Maybe you could speak with your doctor about trazadone or something to help you sleep when you take your Luvox so that you won't be so tired at work. I hope it gets better for you. Luvox is a good drug and good for OCD. The only reason I switched was that I got put on a med that interacted with it.
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know, right now, you can't tell, .but wait a while and maybe then you'll see, a different side of me." Matchbox Twenty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog