Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Photo

Switch From Zyprexa To Abilify

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elilillypushedmedsonkids

elilillypushedmedsonkids

DIY Trepanist

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

So here I am again trying to figure out what I could take to try to get off Zyprexa. I tried Latuda, that didn't have very good GI effects for me, and I tried Geodon, and I was too sedated. If I go to Abilify would I be able to wean off of Zyprexa? I'm on 5mg now, would it be too much stuff to try to be on Abilify and Zyprexa at the same time? I'm really kind of nervous because each time I do this I set myself back. I'm really sedated on Zyprexa and don't like the weight gain. Thanks for any input.

#2 In_Remission_twinkie

In_Remission_twinkie
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Have you tried Seroquel? I was on a ridiculously high dose of Zyprexa (like more than 15 mg, if my cognitive deficit-ed brain can reckon). My switch to Seroquel wasn't a bad experience. It was a lot of sleeping though, but at the end, I got my weight steady and wasn't damn hungry all the time.

#3 In_Remission_twinkie

In_Remission_twinkie
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

and I got stable enough to go to school without anybody noticing the crazy kid at the back of the classroom.

#4 elilillypushedmedsonkids

elilillypushedmedsonkids

DIY Trepanist

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

I haven't tried that yet, I figured that it would cause the same fatigue and weight gain. I'll keep it in mind though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud