Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Help Getting Off Latuda

5 replies to this topic

#1 neingesicht

neingesicht

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Lithium, Latuda, Effexor, Armour

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

I was trying to get off Zyprexa using Latuda but its messing up my stomach bad... so I'm going back up on Zyprexa. The half life of latuda is 18 hours but I read in another post about another med that had a 60 hour half life that it would be six weeks to clear the system. How is that and how long for Latuda? I'm dropping it 10 mg at a time to be conservative which is probably silly. Thanks in advance

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 inmyhead

inmyhead

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Diagnoses:schizoaffective (BP) type
  • Current Meds:lamictal 300mg qd, latuda 80mg qd, nuvigil 500bid, paxil 80mg,ativan,metformin.
  • Location:small town usa, where everybody knows your name and 'creative living' tactics are necessary.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

I was trying to get off Zyprexa using Latuda but its messing up my stomach bad... so I'm going back up on Zyprexa. The half life of latuda is 18 hours but I read in another post about another med that had a 60 hour half life that it would be six weeks to clear the system. How is that and how long for Latuda? I'm dropping it 10 mg at a time to be conservative which is probably silly. Thanks in advance

i stopped abruptly. at the time i was only on 20mg (now 40mg). i experienced euphoria initially and then anxiety/paranoia.
[I have lived so many lives...all in my head.]
[don't you tell me how i feel........you don't know just how i feel.]

#3 JH6

JH6

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Diagnoses:Stuttering
  • Current Meds:40mg latuda

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

I had a dental procedure and the surgeon did not want me on latuda. He said that according to his research it was 3 weeks to get the medication completely out of your system. I waited 4 weeks then had my procedure, now I am back on the medication.

Are you taking the Latuda with food? It needs at least 350 calories to work properly, and I bet if you aren't eating enough with it then it could cause stomach problems. I was taking it with breakfast, but sometimes it is hard to cram 350 calories into breakfast. Now I take it with dinner instead.

#4 neingesicht

neingesicht

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1
  • Current Meds:Lamictal, Lithium, Latuda, Effexor, Armour

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will have to ride it out a bit then.

#5 Sasha

Sasha

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar I, ADHD
  • Current Meds:Saphris 10mg, Seroquel 200mg, Wellbutrin XR 450mg

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Does your pdoc know you're making this change? How are you reducing latuda by 10mg steps, when the smallest dosage it comes in is 40mg?

When I've had issues with AAP's, or been changing from one to another for whatever reason, my pdoc's been fine with either just making a straight switch, or doing a taper as fast as I was comfortabke with. So you're probably making things mire difficult than they need to be, by not consulting your doctor.

Edited by Sasha, 24 October 2011 - 10:15 PM.

"I tell you, if there's anything worse than dealing with a staunch woman... S-T-A-U-N-C-H. There's nothing worse, I'm telling you. They don't weaken, no matter what." - Edith Bouvier Beale

#6 inmyhead

inmyhead

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Diagnoses:schizoaffective (BP) type
  • Current Meds:lamictal 300mg qd, latuda 80mg qd, nuvigil 500bid, paxil 80mg,ativan,metformin.
  • Location:small town usa, where everybody knows your name and 'creative living' tactics are necessary.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

Does your pdoc know you're making this change? How are you reducing latuda by 10mg steps, when the smallest dosage it comes in is 40mg?

When I've had issues with AAP's, or been changing from one to another for whatever reason, my pdoc's been fine with either just making a straight switch, or doing a taper as fast as I was comfortabke with. So you're probably making things mire difficult than they need to be, by not consulting your doctor.

it is possible to cut it down to 10mg, but it is difficult to keep it at a consistent dose. my pdoc said there isn't a problem discontinuing without a taper.

Are you taking the Latuda with food? It needs at least 350 calories to work properly, and I bet if you aren't eating enough with it then it could cause stomach problems. I was taking it with breakfast, but sometimes it is hard to cram 350 calories into breakfast. Now I take it with dinner instead.

exactly.
i have posted in a different Latuda thread that taking it after dinner worked great for me. i've taken it 30 minutes after dinner without stomach problems.
[I have lived so many lives...all in my head.]
[don't you tell me how i feel........you don't know just how i feel.]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren’t Contagious

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog