Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious
Photo

Pmdd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LosingIt

LosingIt

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Diagnoses:PTSD, GAD, Panic Disorder, PMDD, Chronic Insomnia, OCD
  • Current Meds:Buspar, Xanax, Ambien

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Is there anyone else out there with PMDD? Not just PMS but PMDD? What do you know about it? What are you doing to treat it? I have the diagnosis; however, due to an issue with my liver I cannot take hormones so the BC pills that are used to treat it are out of the question. Also, I want to avoid any meds that have weight gain as a side effect. Any thoughts?

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 In_Remission_bluelamb

In_Remission_bluelamb
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

My doc prescribed Prozac for my PMDD - I take it for only 10 days - the week before my period - and it seems to help.

#3 lizziegoatgirl

lizziegoatgirl

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Diagnoses:PMDD, MDD, GAD
  • Current Meds:Emsam 6mg, Deplin 15, Lo-loestren, Xanax 0.5mg PRN

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

i am back to being depressed this week. 6 days before my period. This has been going on for a week now. Intrusive thoughts, etc.
Does the prozac really work for the 10days?
I cant do this every month any more. Its exhausting.

Anyone??
LGG
What my actual diagnosis is: PMDD/MDD/GAD
Past Diagnoses
: Cyclothymia, Dysthymia, Depression, Seasonal Affective disorder, BPII

Other meds that I have tried
: Wellbutrin XL, zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Welbutrin SR, Abilify, Buspar, 5-HTP, Lamictal

Supplements
: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, B-complex, Fish oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit E, multivitamin,
Possible pertinent info
: eat a gluten free/ dairy restricted diet. exercise regularly, spend a lot of time outside, I have a regular sleep cycle, in a great relationship, have a great life, and have really no reason to be depressed or anxious.
<p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The question you have to ask yourself in these types of situations is: how crazy can you take it? -RLMay all beings shine to the light of their true nature. -Abe Lincoln
Don't look at bipolar as a bad thing; it makes you creative, intelligent, intuitive and gives you the ability to feel a full intense spectrum of emotions then most people ever could understand. -Dr. P
[font=georgia]From what I know so far about you, I see no evidence that you have bipolar disorder in any way. -Dr. B

#4 bipolar librarian

bipolar librarian

Amateur Psychopharmacologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II
  • Current Meds:see signature

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

my moods swing so badly around my cycle that I've been tempted to ask about those BC pills where you only menstruate once every three months or year. Sadly, though, my experience on hormonal BC has been universally bad -- was even crazier than my usual each time I tried them.

Never been Dxed with PMDD, although I've often wondered.

My pdoc said a lot of it was just the bipolar, and it HAS gotten considerably better as I've gotten more stable.

Still, I'm rooting for menopause at this point.

Dx Bipolar II 11 years ago
Current meds: Lamotrigine 300mg, lithium 300 mg, latuda 40 mg, xanax .25 mg PRN, synthroid 200 mcg, fish oil
Meds used prior to now: Prozac, Buspar, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, mirapex, abilify, seroquel, NAC

#5 lizziegoatgirl

lizziegoatgirl

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

I stumbled upon an article or something saying that woman with bipolar tend to have worse PMS from a mood and emotional standpoint then the non-bipolar women. PMDD being some sort of comorbid condition.
My pdoc also agreed. He has mentioned prozac for 10days/month to help with the symptoms. I guess its long half life has something to do with it... I don't know.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know if it works. I am at the end of my rope.
LGG
Past Diagnoses

: Wellbutrin XL, zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Welbutrin SR, Abilify, Buspar, 5-HTP, Lamictal

Supplements
: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, B-complex, Fish oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit E, multivitamin,
Possible pertinent info
: eat a gluten free/ dairy restricted diet. exercise regularly, spend a lot of time outside, I have a regular sleep cycle, in a great relationship, have a great life, and have really no reason to be depressed or anxious.
The question you have to ask yourself in these types of situations is: how crazy can you take it? -RLMay all beings shine to the light of their true nature. -Abe Lincoln
Don't look at bipolar as a bad thing; it makes you creative, intelligent, intuitive and gives you the ability to feel a full intense spectrum of emotions then most people ever could understand. -Dr. P
[font=georgia]From what I know so far about you, I see no evidence that you have bipolar disorder in any way. -Dr. B

#6 Sweetest1

Sweetest1

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts
  • Diagnoses:BP1 rapid cycling , PTSD, Anxiety disorder NOS
  • Current Meds:clonazepam 1.5mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, ativan .5mg prn, Epival/Depakote 1250mg

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

when I was on topomax I found my severe PMS to be almost non existent. My pdoc said it's sometimes used to treat PMDD

I am not a doctor - I am just an !diot.
Nothing I say should be considered as medical advice.
These are merely my personal opinions; of which there is a seemingly inexhaustible supply.

Previous Meds: Zeldox/geodon, risperidone, seroquel, effexor, topamax, lithium, zyprexa, cipralex, trazadone

#7 LovelyThoughts

LovelyThoughts

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar II
  • Current Meds:Welbutrin150mg Lamictal 150mg

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

My gyn prescribed prozac for me as well for 10 days out of the month & i thought he was nuts...ADs take time to work so i dint belive this would...but it did! I dont have to take it anymore though because the extreme PMS inwas having has settled down for now.
"It's not the life I thought it would be, but I'll be alright, I know I will be... so long to circumstance."
-Beth Hart

#8 lizziegoatgirl

lizziegoatgirl

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

i will check out the prozac board. I am nervous about that drug. Any SSRI for that matter. But I am feeling like I need something to fix my serotonin at this point.

I think what happens is that about 12 days before my period, I start getting increased anxiety. So I try to not take a xanax, but inevitably I do. Xananx works for a little bit- for the acute part of the anxiety, but then I have effects for a day or two after that. Causes me to get unstable, somewhat depressed, etc. I am 4 days before my period now and I felt great yesterday and today. That was after 2 days prior of feeling like shit after taking xanax and ambian for an acute panic attack.

Its almost similar to: what came first the chicken or the egg dilemma. PMS obviously is bad for me in general, the current meds I am on are working really well except for that day 12 through 5 before my period. its better then it used to be, but its still annoying to get so paranoid and anxious like that once a month. It feels like a set back.

anyway thanks for the input. I will look into topamax and prozac.
LGG
Past Diagnoses

Supplements
Possible pertinent info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog