Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting mugs
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection mugs
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar mugs
I <3 Wellbutrin mug
I <3 Wellbutrin mugs

Ssi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 In_Remission_MissOphelia

In_Remission_MissOphelia
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been on SSI since I was around 8 years old approximately and am now 33.

I was wondering- if I marry my fiancee, will I completely lose my SSI and Medicaid forever?

He works a day job, and is considered well off according to the govt charts, but in all seriousness he does not make much. He basically has been taking care of me since my check does not go far at all.

So he works for a non profit.

What I am wondering- if I marry him, will I lose SSI and Medicaid forver immediately?
Will I ever be able to get it back if he loses his job or if something bad happens?

Please inform me about anything associated with this topic.

My disability won't change. However, technically my financial situation will if I do marry.

I am BP, Personality Disorder, Anxiety/Panic, PTSD...

Thanks

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills buttons
Batshit Crazy buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Batshit Crazy buttons
Medicated For Your Protection buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Medicated For Your Protection buttons
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons

#2 Jerod Poore

Jerod Poore

Administrator

• Chief Citizen Medical Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Diagnoses:Bipolar NOS, Epilepsy NOS, Aspergers, Agoraphobia/Social Anxiety
  • Current Meds:LTG 300mg, TPM 325mg, protriptyline 60mg, MPH 5-10mg, buspirone 60mg EPA 600

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

I moved this topic to a more appropriate location.

I have been on SSI since I was around 8 years old approximately and am now 33.

I was wondering- if I marry my fiancee, will I completely lose my SSI and Medicaid forever?

Forever assumes you don't get divorced or outlive him.

He works a day job, and is considered well off according to the govt charts, but in all seriousness he does not make much.

The reality of his income is irrelevant. If it's above however much the government says is enough for two people to live on, you no longer get SSI.

What I am wondering- if I marry him, will I lose SSI and Medicaid forver immediately?
Will I ever be able to get it back if he loses his job or if something bad happens?

Immediately: more or less.
SSI: depends on how much he makes. It's not all or nothing. Medicaid: Is all or nothing, but the threshold is higher.
Forever: see above.
Get it back: Yes. That's one thing Social Security is good about, you can get back on their programs with relative ease and speed.

I can't find the "deemed income" (what family you live with makes) numbers on the SSI website, so I don't know what the exact figures are.
Jerod Poore - Owner, Founder and Chief Citizen Medical Expert of crazymeds.us
Keep up with Crazymeds and my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life via your preferred social media:

Wear my Straitjacket     Batshit Crazy Blog

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. No doctor, nurse, pharmacist or lawyer was harmed in the creation of this post. No warranty is expressed or implied. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited.

Current meds: lamotrigine 300mg, topiramate 325mg, buspirone 60mg, protriptyline 60mg, EPA 600mg, methylphenidate 5-10mg, lorazepam 1mg PRN
Past meds (likely incomplete): Abilify, clonazepam, desipramine, diazepam, Gabitril, lithium, Neurontin, Paxil, prochlorperazine, Provigil, Prozac, Risperdal, Seroquel, Serzone, Strattera, Trileptal, Zyprexa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog

Just a few designs from our Crazymeds' Clothes Line. See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$43. Or search the Amazon for your retail Nirvana.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy shirts
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting shirts
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Medicated For Your Protection shirts
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirts