Click here to find a mentally interesting date at No Longer Lonely Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Some Crazymeds mugs to help you wash down your meds. Get mugged for at Straitjacket T-shirts for more. 11oz mugs are $13. 15oz mugs are $14.
Mentally Interesting mug
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection mug
Medicated For Your Protection
Team Bipolar mug
Team Bipolar
Brain Cooties Aren
Brain Cooties Aren't Contagious

Saphris For Anxiety? Saphris For... For... I Don't Know Why I'm Taking This Drug?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 In_Remission_Laura

In_Remission_Laura
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

So, I went in to see my psych today for a follow up appt after having switched me from Adderall IR to XR a month ago... unfortunately, shortly after that I sustained a nasty concussion and now I don't know which way is up - so many of my... well, many... symptoms could be from anything, or worsened because of one thing or another (stress, anxiety, insomnia, stimulant use - which is from what and why, or what's making the one from this or that worse? it's a veritable sh*tstorm up in here).

My primary physician aided in the discovery that the XR was actually making the post-conc space-cadet status skyrocket... pardon the pun. anyway... i was really out of it. But I'm really out of it when I don't take it.. err.. when I don't take the IR. I continued taking a small (11.25mg IR 1-2x/day vs 30mg XR+IR boosts) IR dose once a day bc it seemed to help with all the conc symptoms: headache, focus, distractibility, etc... and then I'd feel worse when I came down... or after a day of stress/mental exertion (final exams were yesterday - it was crunch-time, among other stressful events).

So, my psych is taking me off the Adderall.. but here's where I'm confused. I missed something. Somehow we went from "well, do you want to try Strattera?" to "remember when we had you on multiple mood-stabilizers for a long time?" and I got lost - in staying true to form, my brain made the leap from A to XYZ (I had intended to bring up the possibility of going back on Geodon for some emergent depression, and this reminded me) and never went back to A. So, now I'm sitting here with a sample of Saphris, and no Adderall, and wondering wth just happened...

I think she said Saphris seems to help with anxiety (I had a recent flare-up of panic attacks, which have since subsided, but some residual anxiety is ever-present), which is why I agreed to try it first before going back to the Geodon, which did nothing to help my anxiety but swept my depressedasfuck-self up off the floor and turned me into the happiest person I can remember being (it also killed my sex drive and ability to orgasm... so I guess I could have been happier).

Anyone have any input regarding Saphris and anxiety? I've read what there is to read on it so far and haven't come across anything.

But... where's my stim? Is this some new approach to concussions? NO STIMS, ONLY CRAZYPILLS.
I'm not that heartbroken (fiend'ing, maybe), just confused... and a little concerned - i can't think, you know.? distracted, forgetful, confused, head hurts, etc etc... summer classes start next week. I sorta need a brain. And to not wonder where I am when I've driven less than five miles from home...
I'm also wondering if some of what I'm feeling (restless leg is a recent development) isn't bc of the haphazard tampering of my adderall dose :/

EDIT: I just took the first dose... and F this rot. I can barely remain compliant with the Lamictal the way it sticks in my throat and makes me gag. My tongue is numb and burning all at the same time AND I want to puke. No thanks. Not me, not now. I don't feel nearly messed up enough to put myself through this mini-torture every day. Screw it. Psych's getting that follow-up call a lot sooner than she thinks :x

Edited by Laura, 26 May 2010 - 07:25 PM.

Enable Crazymeds to keep ranting about being crazy and taking meds. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Stick to your treatment plan with buttons and magnets. 2.25″ $4 & 3.5″ $4.50 at Straitjacket T-shirts Some designs available in packs of 10 and 100
Pile of Pills buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Pile of Pills
Vaccines
Vaccines Cause Immunity
Medicated For Your Protection magnets at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting buttons at Straitjacket T-shirts
Mentally Interesting

#2 brainworms

brainworms

DIY Trepanist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Diagnoses:schizoaffective, PTSD
  • Current Meds:Solian, Topiramate, Lamictal, Valium

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

I've been on Saphris for a little over a month (5mg morning and night) after switching from Solian. For the first few weeks, it seemed like it was actually going to be better for my anxiety than the Solian had been, but since then the anxiety has been slowly creeping back in. I missed a dose the other night and have been a total anxious and paranoid wreck ever since, so (with me, at least) it seems to be barely holding the anxiety at bay. I'm considering increasing my dose, or, alternately, seeing if my pdoc wants to supplement with something else for anxiety.
Teh Crazy diagnosis: Schizoaffective, PTSD.
Non crazy diagnosis: Diabetes type II

Current crazymeds: 300mg Solian, 50mg Lamotrigine, 50mg Topiramate, 5mg Valium as needed.
Proposed crazymeds: 10mg Saphris, 50mg Lamotrigine, 50mg Topiramate, 5mg Valium as needed.
Current non crazymeds: Melatonin, Thyroxine, Levlen.
Past crazymeds: Epilim, Seroquel, Zoloft, Luvox, Aropax, Effexor, Edronax, Cypramil, Cymbalta, Xanax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shirts to swipe from Crazymeds' Clothes Line See more ways to let my meds express your feelings at Straitjacket T-shirts. Shirts, hoodies & more, $15-$51.
Batshit Crazy shirt
Batshit Crazy
Mentally Interesting shirt
Mentally Interesting
Medicated For Your Protection shirt
Breakfast of Champions shirt
Breakfast of Champions
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious shirts at Straitjacket T-shirts
Bipolar Is NOT Contagious
Also available for other brain cooties.

Keep Crazymeds on the air. Donate some spare electronic currency you have floating around The Cloud

Keep up with Crazymeds and and/or my slow descent into irreparable madness boring life. Pick your preferred social media target(s):
Follow Jerod Poore on Facebook
Wear my StraitjacketBatshit Crazy Blog
Crazymeds | Promote Your Page Too
Play Dress-Up with your Imaginary FriendsCrazymeds: The Blog